What Was Your Windows Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthLazer
Officer

What Was Your Windows Squad

Post#1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Who was your Windows squad and what did Disney give you to migrate

I got 80k for a nearly completed L10 with very high level troops and specials, took about 100 emails to support. I hate to say how much I invested in this game, no amount of crystals would replace all the frags I lost.

How many migrated and did you get help, just curious.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

ForceMel
Major General

Re: What was your Windows Squad

Post#2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:22 pm

I was the leader of IIReBeLsII. We were in the top 10 for almost the duration of the game. Much of that time was spent at number 3. I had a maxed out level 10 base, and they gave me 455,000 crystals to migrate.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarthLazer
Officer

Post#3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:32 pm

That sounds about right, I came up short on my build after using them all up.

Harshit
Major General

Post#4 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 pm

I was a part of Holocron-Horror which was around top 15 empire squad. I had a lvl 8 IMP base and after migrating here I received 163100 crystals from Disney.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Tomato
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Was part of the of the Order 66/99/33 squad. before that sample text (until a crazy person) blew up that squad. For some reason the community in Windows just felt closer

I always had a rebel account, so just got my crystals (like 320k) over to that account.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 am

DarthLazer wrote:Who was your Windows squad and what did Disney give you to migrate

I got 80k for a nearly completed L10 with very high level troops and specials, took about 100 emails to support. I hate to say how much I invested in this game, no amount of crystals would replace all the frags I lost.

How many migrated and did you get help, just curious.

Old Windows squad was Nightstalkers. I created the squad and we were top 50 or hovering around top 50. We also used to be pretty decent when we had 5 member squad war teams (lol if anyone remembers that). Once squad war rosters were increased to 15 we had a noticable dropoff due to the fact we didn't really network outside the game. We still had our old 5 man all-star team show up at the jump, but after that it was usually a crap shoot...hahaha!

I had 2 max bases except for Dekas and if I recall correctly I was compensated a little above 450k crystals for both.

Once Windows shutdown we had around 5 or 6 migrate to Android/iOS/Amazon. As of today I know only of 1 guy still playing besides me.

If we would have had the plentiful Dev Bases on Android/iOS which would have eliminated a lot of the CNFO issues I would have much rather stayed there than migrated. I miss everyone of those guys from my old squad badly....Lol so many unique characters :D I would go back to the old days in a heart beat if CNFO issue was fixed...
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:01 am

I had a maxed level 8 rebel base in 'Yoda's Mafia'... I recieved 186k crystals but I slammed them into my already maxed level X imperial base I had going on Android... worked out quite well in the end although sealed the fate of my duel faction game play...

I often think back and kind of wish I'd created the base on Android, the rest of the squad migrated over... But hey ho, I've met them in one war and see them occasionally on the battlefield! :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 162,650 medals

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 am

Good stories here for sure. This post should be called "Remember the Windows" or "How to kill a great game being an asshole company"...

I started on Windows as soon as the game appeared in the Store in late August or early September 2014 as Imperial "mkenobi", at that time SWC Windows allowed you to build a 2nd base in the opposing faction, swapping the base and re-logging - a crap that never worked because after some updates many players like me could not access their 2nd bases for months until a new update come and allow access! Some time later they removed this option because of the bugs. So while my Imperial base reached HQ 10, my Rebel base reached only HQ 6 when I abandoned it and built a 2nd Imperial base that reached HQ 7 in another Windows account.

These two Imperial bases allowed me to receive 445,000 crystals to build my iOS/Android Imperial base "mkenobi" - I already had a Rebel base "mkenobi" on iOS/Android but only bases created on that platform after the Windows shutdown warning could receive the crystals.

I participated in great Imperial squads on Windows - Cybertron, Elite Imperial, Black Phase, Ashen Federation and became leader of Empire's Squad until I decided to build my own squad from scratch - AndroidsDream - and with the help of 2 friends we took it to level 35 thanks to a great sequence of war victories when Disney announced the end of SWC Windows. It was a good time despite all bugs, Armory, CNFOs and that we had to attack the same 10 players every hour all the time because the player base was already much reduced...
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Defenders
Commodore

Re: What Was Your Windows Squad

Post#9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 am

Was in active_donators...
We used to be top 30 :( before getting killed and losing all medals.
ActiveDonator Family
HQ 11 Faction:Rebel HQ 11 Faction:IMP
Windows Survivor

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: What Was Your Windows Squad

Post#10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:27 pm

RogueEwokCarnage - destroying Imperials until Windows finished, now RogueEwokReturn. I had a fully completed level 10 base and received 460k crystals in compensation. Now have a largely inactive Prestige base as Prestige sucks.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Return to “General Discussions”