Overwhelming Power of New Units

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Overwhelming Power of New Units

Post#21 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

If players don't like the op new units, you can always petition Zynga to run LIN conflicts 24/7.

Williamdice
Commander

Post#22 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:12 am

DarkRebel wrote:Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.

And this Forum is full of people moaning about how overpowered defence is since the advent of the Armory perhaps this provides some balance.

DarkRebel wrote:Yes, it would do well against war base (no equipment), but against real PVP bases, I don’t see L1-2 trucks being too powerful.

I can take out L5 outposts in war using just one L1 donut truck*, it costs me 25 contraband and cooks in just over 2.5 minutes. I'm happy with that but to take some outposts for 12 UC seems more powerful than any other unit or combination (but I'm not about to turn it down). (The closest comparison I can think of would be 2 heavies and a droid - 15UC, $2550, 6.5 mins (at L7) and I don't know if I would expect that to 100% an outpost although maybe I'll try out of curiosity).)

DarkRebel wrote:It’s a good unit, and fun to use.

I've gone in with a load out of 7 or 8 of them and it can be a dull way to fight, on the other hand though I expect 3* wins now :twisted:

* perhaps there is another thread to be started here: What is the fewest troops you can use to take down an outpost 8-) ;)

Gaardian
Commodore

Post#23 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:44 am

1 Z95 and 2 Ithorian/Kubaz for Hoth Outpost.

10 cap

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#24 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Gaardian wrote:1 Z95 and 2 Ithorian/Kubaz for Hoth Outpost.

10 cap

We got lucky once and took down Hoth with 1 Z95 and 1 Infiltrator. However, the easier way is just 1 A-Wing to take down Hoth.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Lord
Commodore

Post#25 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:

10 cap

We got lucky once and took down Hoth with 1 Z95 and 1 Infiltrator. However, the easier way is just 1 A-Wing to take down Hoth.

One atat is enough, taking less time to cook

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#26 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Lord wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:

10 cap

One atat is enough, taking less time to cook

The rebel option to that is the Elite AT-TE, but A-Wings are much more common, especially since the lower level players are the one's focusing on outposts and 99% of them don't have the Elite AT-TE as an option. I use my Prestige Elite AT-TE as my hero of choice on most attacks. A-Wings though, are quick. No dancing or waiting. Anytime you can turn an outpost back into your hands in a few seconds, it's worth it. We just crystal them.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

syncpan77
Major General

Post#27 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:26 pm

These new vehicles are just a huge pacifier to shut up the masses of players that emailed the devs non-stop about how hard the game is and how tough their side has it and threatened to walk out on the game. Just make it easy for a good while, until the next defense super buff comes out and makes it impossible to win on attack. It's a cycle that most of us long time players have witnessed many times over. So yes, I agree with the OP that it's just to shake up the meta, or like Beetlejuice once said, "Let's turn on the juice and see what shakes loose".

PS: Whomever uses either Wookiee Wagons, Bang Buses or Dowu-Trains, is a colossal wuss and should go play Candy Crush better.

2nd PS: The only thing making those supposed "beasts" that park on Hoth, Yavin and whatever else was said at the beginning, is that they invested a good penny on quick armory upgrades, so of course casual players can't touch them, for now. Back before the armory they weren't so untouchable. Skill was the determining factor, not how much dimes you dropped into Disney's pockets.
MEMBER of "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-FULL-RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 squad on GSOW in UCL

Ghostie
Major General

Post#28 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:53 pm

syncpan77 wrote:These new vehicles are just a huge pacifier to shut up the masses of players that emailed the devs non-stop about how hard the game is and how tough their side has it and threatened to walk out on the game. Just make it easy for a good while, until the next defense super buff comes out and makes it impossible to win on attack. It's a cycle that most of us long time players have witnessed many times over. So yes, I agree with the OP that it's just to shake up the meta, or like Beetlejuice once said, "Let's turn on the juice and see what shakes loose".

If the new Death Donut helps some level 8 or 9 struggling with Prestige bases then I say right on....1000% for it. If the new unit helps some struggling player return to being able to win and be competiitive in PvP then I say right on...1000% for it. If the new unit makes money for Zynga thats awesome as well....someones gotta keep the lights on. The cycle is the same on most all profitable video games these days Disney/Zynga didn't invent the wheel here. There are always gonna be powerful items and counters introduced for either purchase or grind....I personally have played games that are constantly gouging for cash and make the peeps running SWC look like saints in comparison.

syncpan77 wrote:PS: Whomever uses either Wookiee Wagons, Bang Buses or Dowu-Trains, is a colossal wuss and should go play Candy Crush better.

If I got 2 hours or more between EP event attacks someone's ass is getting rolled by some Bang Buses or Death Trains....just feel sorry for whoever I get matched against. I do play Candy Crush though, but only no ops and free to play because I am too lazy to grind levels and should have quit when they introduced that damn OP Lolipop Hammer.

syncpan77 wrote:2nd PS: The only thing making those supposed "beasts" that park on Hoth, Yavin and whatever else was said at the beginning, is that they invested a good penny on quick armory upgrades, so of course casual players can't touch them, for now. Back before the armory they weren't so untouchable. Skill was the determining factor, not how much dimes you dropped into Disney's pockets.

They may have invested some money in the beginning but I am willing to bet they chased some frags too. The armory frag chase for anyone who even has played a resonable amount since it's introduction should have most defensive skins maxed and offense shouldn't be that far away. Btw...agree these guys weren't untouchable before, but now you have to be in the frag chase to have a shot at 3 staring those bases these days. Also, any money spent on the game is a good thing. I really enjoy playing and although it is an unfortunate reality nothing is free these days and I wanna keep the lights on at SWC for as long as possible.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

syncpan77
Major General

Post#29 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:57 am

Ghostie wrote: any money spent on the game is a good thing. I really enjoy playing and although it is an unfortunate reality nothing is free these days and I wanna keep the lights on at SWC for as long as possible.

Believe me, I do too. I want this game to be around the longest time possible as it's given me some of the best moments and pleasure in terms of entertainment, also the camaraderie of my squadmates and other people playing this game. I just believe it took a wrong turn with the armory, killing the challenge and strategy aspect of it and leaving it up to us the players to find ways to still have fun with it (NO OP wars and player-organized events like the currently running GalacticWar1). I think it becoming a mindless grind for frags is a bit of a bore now.
MEMBER of "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-FULL-RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 squad on GSOW in UCL

Ghostie
Major General

Post#30 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 pm

syncpan77 wrote:
Ghostie wrote: any money spent on the game is a good thing. I really enjoy playing and although it is an unfortunate reality nothing is free these days and I wanna keep the lights on at SWC for as long as possible.

Believe me, I do too. I want this game to be around the longest time possible as it's given me some of the best moments and pleasure in terms of entertainment, also the camaraderie of my squadmates and other people playing this game. I just believe it took a wrong turn with the armory, killing the challenge and strategy aspect of it and leaving it up to us the players to find ways to still have fun with it (NO OP wars and player-organized events like the currently running GalacticWar1). I think it becoming a mindless grind for frags is a bit of a bore now.

Good post agree totally.

I know you care a ton about the game and what you do to help others. What you have turned your squad into with your mentoring and teaching is really awesome. You probably don't remember me, but about 3 or 4 years ago you introduced me to Line chats along with many others....Very thankful for all you have done for players and the game ...sorry if my post sounded rude but your initial post sounded kinda "Negative Nancy" after reading your 2nd post I don't feel that way and know your intentions are good.....best of luck bro...take care....MTFBWY :D
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Return to “General Discussions”