Overwhelming Power of New Units

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Admiral

Re: Overwhelming Power of New Units

Post#11 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 am

Ghostie wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.
Yes, it would do well against war base (no equipment), but against real PVP bases, I don’t see L1-2 trucks being too powerful.
It’s a good unit, and fun to use.

I agree 100%....go to Hoth and hit Decepticon, Nora, or Spanish Dad.....or go to Yavin with the Knight's Templar guys, Fruitbowl Mafia, Striker Rebel, Pops, Nuggie, Rebel Scummer, and Leprecaun Shawn...Hit some of the max Shelendil style bases ,the Marlon style bases, and the Easy Company style bases and you'll need every bit of the health/firepower these so called "overpowered" units provide... they are vital to compete with these guys/gals.

With that being said the new Death Donut is in my opinion the most dominant unit introduced to the game since I have been playing. It also is in my opinion the only true pay to max unit we have seen...correct me if I am wrong, but the crates were 100% draws for the Death Donut. We haven't seen crate odds like this before? right? This was truly a buy me to max unit if you had the extra cash...and a dag gone good one at that.

LOL but why would I attack any of those bases? Or any player bases for that matter?

I could not even get close to UC by attacking player bases on Yavin or Hoth, the cook times are too long, and the players that are attacking dev bases on those worlds are inflating the gear requirements way to high to do anything but dev bases, or spend $$$. It is sometimes possible on Tatooine where the gear req is lower.

The only reason to play PVP is to get the frags and you can't get the event or conflict frags by attacking player bases...

If I actually want to test my skills against other players, I would do it in war, not PVP. If my base was maxed out and I had all the frags, then I would have fun hitting those bases in PVP! Until then, I'll continue to skip them. The 1-2 MTTs only add a marginal amount of strength to my attack loadout.

TNT
Admiral

Post#12 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:12 am

Josketer wrote:The reality is that we Imperials use neither AT-ST nor AT-DP, except in wars. They are not units that serve us against buffed turrets and take up a lot of space in the transport ships. .The low level players may use them, because they do not have many options, but once they unlock the Rodians and the buffs of the jumpers, the use of the at-st and atdp are over.

Rebels don't use the T2B or the ATTE either. Mostly for the same reasons. But that's neither here nor there. Fact that we do use the other units says a lot about their relative power.

DarkRebel wrote:Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.
Yes, it would do well against war base (no equipment), but against real PVP bases, I don’t see L1-2 trucks being too powerful.

They're not exactly OP for PVP no. Unless you have maxed Donut vans which are apparently really strong.
But their base stats are of such a lvl that they are immediately viable for use even with the enemy equipment.
They're only horribly overpowered in War or against Dev bases where Equipment doesn't exist.

lukeskywalker wrote:I suspect it's a combination of all three, but with an emphasis on 2 and 3. Money is definitely always a part of it, but I do think they wanted the unit to have some value straight from the get go.

Probably the best answer.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 am

Just to be clear, the new unit is powerful in war, but only when Tako or Tat not in play. So I expect the NO OP war folks to put the new truck on the restricted list.

With Tako or Tat in play, and since merc unit does not enjoy the OP boost, they are actually not better than regular boosted unit.

A merc unit which is not better than regular un-skinned unit is useless. That was what happened with dowutin hunter. Other mercs (gamo, twilek, lugga) are superior to regular un-skinned units, and that’s justifiable.

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#14 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 am

Richaldo wrote:
Josketer wrote:The only mercenary worth training is the Lugga. Now this new Donut wagon is added.
The other mercenaries ...... mehhh! Waste of time.
Except in wars and depending on which is the target to attack !

Never underestimate the power of a sexy fire lady.

the tweakie is great at clearing a Jet nest, bait them out drop her in with them and watch them commit suicide. simples

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#15 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 am

TNT wrote:ATST / T2B
LVL11:
HP: 44.265 / 41.360
DPS: 3.564 / 1.636
Cooktime: 5m10s / 3m40s
Cap: 10 / 7
Speed: 30 / 18

Lol, I never noticed the speed 18 on the T2B. Did they buff or nerf the speed at some point?

Wandering a little bit off topic, but still relevant to the original post...

The speed of the t2b is still 20 (at least according to https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/T2BTank.html). The max speed of 18 applies to the projectile attack. Some other units I checked have similar numbers. I have no idea what that means though. Presumably a different thing to vehicle movement speed, or else half the vehicles in the game would be able to overtake their own shots! Cue hilarious consequences :).

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#16 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:00 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
Josketer wrote:The only mercenary worth training is the Lugga. Now this new Donut wagon is added.
The other mercenaries ...... mehhh! Waste of time.
Except in wars and depending on which is the target to attack !

Never underestimate the power of a sexy fire lady.

the tweakie is great at clearing a Jet nest, bait them out drop her in with them and watch them commit suicide. simples

Also for blowing walls... then send in the Kubaz bait, spin Vader... job done!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 25 Prestige 160000 medals

Josketer
Major General

Post#17 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 am

Richaldo wrote:
EdibleKarlos wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Never underestimate the power of a sexy fire lady.

I'm sorry, I'm not a Japanese commander. My troops are absolutely forbidden to do kamikaze.
They will die with their boots on, in the battlefield, but we won anyways and without suicides.
:mrgreen:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#18 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:18 am

Josketer wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
EdibleKarlos wrote:the tweakie is great at clearing a Jet nest, bait them out drop her in with them and watch them commit suicide. simples

I'm sorry, I'm not a Japanese commander. My troops are absolutely forbidden to do kamikaze.
They will die with their boots on, in the battlefield, but we won anyways and without suicides.
:mrgreen:

I've a few honorable friends in my squad that set such rules...

Me...

Not a chance: I'll go nuclear on anyone if it means I get the 3 stars. No prisoners.

Wipe them out........... all of them.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 25 Prestige 160000 medals

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#19 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:24 pm

Richaldo wrote:
EdibleKarlos wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Never underestimate the power of a sexy fire lady.

Yes, and for blowing up barracks outside of the walls in back of corner bases.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#20 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:28 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:

I agree 100%....go to Hoth and hit Decepticon, Nora, or Spanish Dad.....or go to Yavin with the Knight's Templar guys, Fruitbowl Mafia, Striker Rebel, Pops, Nuggie, Rebel Scummer, and Leprecaun Shawn...Hit some of the max Shelendil style bases ,the Marlon style bases, and the Easy Company style bases and you'll need every bit of the health/firepower these so called "overpowered" units provide... they are vital to compete with these guys/gals.

With that being said the new Death Donut is in my opinion the most dominant unit introduced to the game since I have been playing. It also is in my opinion the only true pay to max unit we have seen...correct me if I am wrong, but the crates were 100% draws for the Death Donut. We haven't seen crate odds like this before? right? This was truly a buy me to max unit if you had the extra cash...and a dag gone good one at that.

LOL but why would I attack any of those bases? Or any player bases for that matter?

I could not even get close to UC by attacking player bases on Yavin or Hoth, the cook times are too long, and the players that are attacking dev bases on those worlds are inflating the gear requirements way to high to do anything but dev bases, or spend $$$. It is sometimes possible on Tatooine where the gear req is lower.

The only reason to play PVP is to get the frags and you can't get the event or conflict frags by attacking player bases...

If I actually want to test my skills against other players, I would do it in war, not PVP. If my base was maxed out and I had all the frags, then I would have fun hitting those bases in PVP! Until then, I'll continue to skip them. The 1-2 MTTs only add a marginal amount of strength to my attack loadout.

Yes, I have almost everything maxed and I get so bored clubbing baby seals all day....high level Rebel scalps is my release and is very fun for me. I also like to challenge myself...Even as a lower HQ player I have always attacked up. Wars with outposts are not very challenging either, but I lack the discipline and hate following rules which pretty much knocks me out of ever joining a high level No-Op squad for wars.

Note: Not saying baby seal clubbing is bad each to their own and find your nitch in SWC universe and do you...don't worry what anybody else says....I can club baby seals with the best of them when conflicts/EP events offer new armory frags or an unlock of a new vehicle or troop. :)
Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.

Return to “General Discussions”