What makes Dandy special?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
geoman48
Major General

Post#1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:11 am

conflict11h48m.png

http://gsow.net/conflicttracker.html

Looking at the stats for the above I understand the stats for tat, over 100K players since all players start on tat.

What I don't get is why there are roughly twice the number of conflict players on dandy vs. other non-tat planets?

I'm about to go HQ5 and pondering which planet to unlock, was planning on unlocking tako for squad wars, but maybe I should unlock Dandy?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Josketer
Major General

Re: What makes Dandy special?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:48 am

Special ? Nothing.- During the conflicts, that information was changing, it was not the planet with the most players fighting. Simply, many players are trying to get several UCs and they are moving from planets to others.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:56 am

Dandoran is a common first unlock because people swipe in that direction. Sounds silly, but I think new players don't give much thought to how the different planet unlocks affect wars.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:08 am

geoman48 wrote:I'm about to go HQ5 and pondering which planet to unlock, was planning on unlocking tako for squad wars, but maybe I should unlock Dandy?

Thanks in advance.

geoman48 - Other than Tatooine (where everyone Starts), I recommend the following "Unlock" Order for War.

1. Takodana

• Attack - Non-Hero Infantry Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +500%)
  2. Dandoran

• Defense - Non-Hero Infantry Units Health Regenerate (Buff: +40% / 1.5 sec)
  3. Yavin 4

• Attack - Starfighters Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +150%)
  4. Hoth

• Defense - Shield Generators and DekA and DekO have Regenerative Shields (Buff: +18% / 1.5 sec)
  5. Er'Kit

• Defense - Walls and HQ Have Increased Healthpoints (Buff: +100%)
Of course, each Commander is free to choose whatever Order they want based upon their Play "Goals"...

Hope this helps...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:48 pm

I believe when you unlock the Starship Command the walk through explaining the fact it unlocks planets is defaulted on Dando. You can change it of course before committing to the unlock but if you didn’t know better, you’d just click the highlighted, default planet.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Josketer
Major General

Post#6 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Ahh..,the memories...
I share with you this brief anecdote.
The first planet that I unlocked was Erkit. I remember that I was on a team without any communication, so I did not know what I was going to find there. I chose that planet because I needed cb and I knew that there were many rebels well loaded with resources but they also had strong defenses. It was a nightmare to get out of there, because at that time I did not know the function of the perks and the team had a low level of same. After a while, I adapted to the Erkit scenario and every time I needed resources, I went hunting for the red planet. Erkit benefited me in my way of attacking, it made me see things that I might not have learned while on other planets. Today, things are different, there are more media, videos in YT, groups in Line, in WhatsApp, in Fb ,more information than i had those available at that time.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#7 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:47 pm

It's special because this guy calls it home of course :lol:

JK.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:33 am

geoman48 wrote:What I don't get is why there are roughly twice the number of conflict players on dandy vs. other non-tat planets?

I think the answer is in the lower UCL gear threshold and the higher number of players in UCL.

Grinding on Dando is much more likely to result in UCL. That's why many players choose it as their second planet for UCL when grinding.

For my part, I really want these GR sharpshooter frags, but sadly, I don't have the time to grind at the moment. RL must come first.

In terms of which planet an HQ5 should unlock, though. I agree with Death Striker's list.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

geoman48
Major General

Post#9 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 pm

I decided to unlock Dandy 2nd instead of Tako since PvP is mostly what I'm doing with the HQ5 base, not squad wars.

Thanks all for your insights and comments. On my other rebel prestige bases, I prefer attacking on Hoth due to the variety of units available in the armory in Hoth not available on other planets, but I digress.

Lord
Captain

Post#10 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:50 am

Ghostie wrote:What makes Dandy special?

It's special because this guy calls it home of course :lol:

JK.png

Is Jorhar useful?
It would be very difficult forJorhar to target at squad center when there are guard reserve.

Return to “General Discussions”