GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Josketer
Major General

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#131 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 am

JARJAR wrote:maybe they didn't do war or enough war to appear in the list

I do not think so, for me it's a bug or something that they should correct.

Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#132 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Josketer wrote:

What were you trying to prove with those pics ?
JARJAR asked a valid question and your pics didn’t really answer that.

Josketer
Major General

Post#133 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Josketer wrote:

What were you trying to prove with those pics ?
JARJAR asked a valid question and your pics didn’t really answer that.

You can not find any of the players on that team either.
And in the description of the team, it informs that it belongs to several divisions of the same team.
My team is not participating in wars now, but we are on the page. What they did was put a sign that says : Inactive. What seems right to me. Instead this team is a ghost team. That is a bug or something that must be corrected.
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#134 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Josketer wrote:

Its possible. If they are in the game servers we will have their info. But there are a few variables.
Sometimes squads can accidentally be marked as deleted by Disney. That can prevent them from showing on our site but they can still be shown in the game.
Also if they have not won 10 wars they will not show on our site. (But I agree, with them being a level 50 squad I’m guessing they have been around for a while).

We will have a look on our end though just in case and if it’s something we can fix, we will. But if it’s server side our hands are tied.

Thx for the heads up.

UPDATE;
Well the answer here is actually obvious. They have not done any wars. Because of that they do not appear in our rankings.
You can actually join their squad and look at their war history.
This might be because they are set up as a recruiting squad only.
So no glitch or anything to correct in this case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Josketer
Major General

Post#135 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Spock wrote:
Its possible. If they are in the game servers we will have their info. But there are a few variables.
Sometimes squads can accidentally be marked as deleted by Disney. That can prevent them from showing on our site but they can still be shown in the game.
Also if they have not won 10 wars they will not show on our site. (But I agree, with them being a level 50 squad I’m guessing they have been around for a while).

We will have a look on our end though just in case and if it’s something we can fix, we will. But if it’s server side our hands are tied.

Thx for the heads up.

UPDATE;
Well the answer here is actually obvious. They have not done any wars. Because of that they do not appear in our rankings.

Ok, Spock, thanks for clarifying this matter ! :)

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#136 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Josketer wrote:
Spock wrote:

Thx for the heads up.

UPDATE;

Ok, Spock, thanks for clarifying this matter ! :)

No problem! :)

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#137 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:21 am

I'm afraid I haven't read every post prior to this (there are a lot) so I apologise if this has come up already.

I have a feature idea[1] for the conflict tracker: could it use data from previous conflicts to predict how many gears will be required at the *end* of the conflict? I'm thinking of comparing gears required at conflict start + X hours to those required at conflict start + X hours previously and coming up with a prediction.

[1] same as a feature request but with no pressure to do it :)

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#138 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:40 am

SmallPotato wrote:I'm afraid I haven't read every post prior to this (there are a lot) so I apologise if this has come up already.

I have a feature idea[1] for the conflict tracker: could it use data from previous conflicts to predict how many gears will be required at the *end* of the conflict? I'm thinking of comparing gears required at conflict start + X hours to those required at conflict start + X hours previously and coming up with a prediction.

It’s something we have talked about adding in the future. But before we do that we have to get the tracker working a little more accurately. :)

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#139 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 am

Spock wrote:
SmallPotato wrote:I'm afraid I haven't read every post prior to this (there are a lot) so I apologise if this has come up already.

It’s something we have talked about adding in the future. But before we do that we have to get the tracker working a little more accurately. :)

Machine learning. The answer is always machine learning these days, right? ;)

DeathStriker

Post#140 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:18 am

Spock wrote:
SmallPotato wrote:I have a feature idea ... for the conflict tracker: could it use data from previous conflicts to predict how many gears will be required at the *end* of the conflict? I'm thinking of comparing gears required at conflict start + X hours to those required at conflict start + X hours previously and coming up with a prediction.

Not to squash a good idea but I think this suggestion would be difficult to impliment and my result in false data.

Here are my reasons.

1. Gears Numbers are driven by Player Participation.
  2. Conflicts may be coupled with SWC Events which changes "Participation" (i.e. Players whom normally would not attack in a particular Conflict may be forced to do so in order to gain Event Point (EP) or Coaxium).
  3. Player Participation on a particular Planet are driven by:

1. The UCL "reward" and/or Event "reward" being offered, coupled with...
    2. The availability of "doable" Bases (either Real Player Bases and/or Dev Bases)
  4. Conflicts are not always on all 6 Planets (sometimes only 3) which changes the "Participation Factor" as more Players are squeezed into going to fewer Planets.
  5. What happened on a Particular Planet last Week may not be the same for this Week (i.e. two different Conflict Rewards).
  6. What happened on a Particular Planet last time same Reward was offered may not be the same this time around (i.e. "Participation" may be higher or lower due to multiple factors).
BOTTOM LINE: As you can see from above, accounting for all the "differences" and possible "variations" would be difficult (but not impossible) and using them to accurately "predict" what the Gear Count might be based upon "historial data", if even if it could be done, would the final "result" be accurate enough to be useful.

SOMETHING EASIER would be a simple "Conflict Trend Chart" that is only valid for the particular Conflict at the time the GSoW User looks at it.

AND SO... the GSoW Team should continue their debate about this possible new "feature" and if all concerns are addressed then perhaps introduce it at some point in the future.

Post your GSoW Improvement Ideas / Suggestions below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”