Chat currently disabled?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Xcom
Squadron Leader

Chat currently disabled?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

What's this? No matter what I'm writing in the game chat, I got an error message: Chat is currently disabled. Try again later ...

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Re: Chat currently disabled?

Post#2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Very often, this is due to Firewall interference.

If you experience it repeatedly in one location only, chances are there's an interfering firewall along with any given wifi you use at the time. My advice is always to
a) turn wifi off, so you do not have to deal with a potential firewall-obstacle, assuming this is the case of course.
b) if this doesn't work, restart game. this will naturally only solve the problem if it wasn't due to that... Which leads me to say that should a firewall not be the case, then I do not have any advice.

Will be happy to hear from others, as I'm always looking to improve my helpfulness.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Proud member and officer of The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

DeathStriker

Re: Chat currently disabled?

Post#3 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:50 pm

While I don't have any proof - I suspect that the In-Game Chat is handled on different Servers than that which deals with PvP Attacks and other game actions.

If this is the case, then it is possible a "Chat Server" to be temporarily down for some reason while "other Servers" are still in operation.

My game experience seems to lend credence to this as often I will see a few Squadmates reporting this Issue while I am doing OK and don't see this Issue.

AND WHEN I have experienced this "issue" often a Game Reboot or simply log off wait 10 Minutes and login has corrected the problem.

Regardless of "how" this issue occurs it is very often only temporary and after a while game returns to normal.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”