[SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

[SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:04 am

WAR OUTPOST BUFFS:

1. Dandoran - Defense - Non-Hero Infantry Units Health Regenerate (Buff: +40% / 1.5 sec)
  2. Er'Kit - Defense - Walls and HQ Have Increased Healthpoints (Buff: +100%)
  3. Hoth - Defense - Shield Generators and DekA and DekO have Regenerative Shields (Buff: +18% / 1.5 sec)
  4. Takodana - Attack - Non-Hero Infantry Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +500%)
  5. Tatooine - Attack - Non-Hero Vehicle Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +400%)
  6. Yavin 4 - Attack - Starfighters Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +150%)
Spread the Word...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Deekay
Lieutenant

Re: [SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:53 pm

DeathStriker wrote:WAR OUTPOST BUFFS:

2. Er'Kit - Defense - Walls and HQ Have Increased Healthpoints (Buff: +100%)

Tako & Tato buffs are well known to everybody. But the Erkit defensive buffs need to be noted

+100% health to Walls & HQ !!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Member of Marauders Alpha
Former Leader Royal_Rebelz

Toydarian
Captain

Post#3 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 am

Excellent post DS, thank you for answering my question.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Great post, DS, and thank you! This will help me everytime I need to explain to newbies how an OP works in squad wars to convice them to capture and keep them at any cost. One of the greatest problems I see is that most of the new players ignore the OPs and want to attack only bases...

Some considerations:

Takodana is too OP. Need a nerf. Not funny having a 45:45 when both squads have high and skilled players. The Tie Crate is a misery and doesn't pay the costs. I really enjoy a war without Takodana when I can use some strategy and change loadouts for different bases, and not only jets and more jets in SC.

Usually Er'Kit is ignored. Both squads do not struggle to have it by thinking that they are wasting an attack by just capturing a defensive OP... But try to destroy a wall or HQ with a normal troop and see how long it takes to destroy them, usually the time runs out before, which is very frustrating when you finish with 97-98-99%. This can ruin my day...

Hoth, on the other hand, is more contested than Er'Kit because of the shields. It takes a life to destroy a high level Droideka, and usually you need to spend all your SC and a few more troops to destroy both, and these troops will be missing at the end to get the 3 links.

Samples of TXs do not shoot over walls like the skinned TXs. I stopped using samples in wars against walled bases and would rather use a Juggernaut with Tatooine. I do not know if that has changed. Never used TX samples again.

After the Naval Units, Yavin became my favorite planet in a No-Tako War, most than Tatooine, while I can use Pilots and samples of Sullustan / Rodians preferably against bases with grouped turrets.

I don't like Tatooine boost. Vehicles are too slow and have high UC. I rarely use vehicles even if we have Tatooine but only Speeders for enemy troops. But sometimes I can use 1 Repulsor Tank/AT-ST (generalists) with Tatooine OP against bases with many buildings together.

I love having a Hunter Rancor in my SC when we're holding Tako and Dando, this thing becomes an unstoppable beast against compact bases.

While Hoth Factory is a shield generator, you can capture Hoth using 3 Ithorian/Kubaz to disable the shield generator and get 1 star -- or bomb the shield generator with an A-Wing/Tie Advanced if you don't have Kubaz or Ithorians.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:09 pm

The best vehicle in a tat war is a level 6 AvA. They have 100% multipliers against all buildings, are fast as hell, and do huge damage. Level 7+ AvA's do 25% damage vs buildings.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:17 pm

mkenobi wrote:I don't like Tatooine boost. Vehicles are too slow and have high UC. I rarely use vehicles even if we have Tatooine but only Speeders for enemy troops. But sometimes I can use 1 Repulsor Tank/AT-ST (generalists) with Tatooine OP against bases with many buildings together.

MHCs are really powerful against clustered turrets if you have Tatooine. They are normally too slow, but that extra damage makes up for it.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:40 pm

As rebels attacking with Tat:
- stacked HFDs (4-5) for base with tightly clustered turrets. You’ll be amazed at the splash damage with Tat in play.
- T2Bs for spread out base.
- Bring gamos if there are many rockets in base.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”