Does anyone share with me the idea that the devs don't know the game philosophy

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Admiral

Re: Does anyone share with me the idea that the devs don't know the game philosophy

Post#11 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:37 am

If Jets get nerfed ... game dies. Absolutely 100%.

Sorry if you're not getting defends. But they are WAY up across the board. Massive player base tower defense games do not survive on defends.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Cleric
Squadron Leader

Re: Does anyone share with me the idea that the devs don't know the game philosophy

Post#12 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:13 pm

First, I said nerf the skins, not the unit. And I get that players want to win while they are playing. However, this game used to be strategic. One had to learn how to use each unit effectively and in combination with each other in order to succeed and get that win that we all want so much. Now, jet wave is not only the most used army for both sides (with small variations by player), but it is essentially the only option in 1v1 that has a chance of 3 starring an opponent and it is all due to the jet equipment (skins) which every planet type has. Therefore the game becomes boring as we might as well not experiment with different unit combos in our armies when the jet wave is so effective and versatile The part of the game that is still fun is wars, where skins do not exist and a jet wave isn't the only viable army. I would think that only having jet skins for one planet would bring back the need for players to utilize different troop combos, thus making the game much more interesting at high level.
BB8_Resistance Leader
4 year Rebel

Are you a rebel who uses Discord? Join us here: https://discord.gg/ZxcEj4y

Piper139
Major General

Post#13 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:25 pm

Cleric wrote:First, I said nerf the skins, not the unit. And I get that players want to win while they are playing. However, this game used to be strategic. One had to learn how to use each unit effectively and in combination with each other in order to succeed and get that win that we all want so much. Now, jet wave is not only the most used army for both sides (with small variations by player), but it is essentially the only option in 1v1 that has a chance of 3 starring an opponent and it is all due to the jet equipment (skins) which every planet type has. Therefore the game becomes boring as we might as well not experiment with different unit combos in our armies when the jet wave is so effective and versatile The part of the game that is still fun is wars, where skins do not exist and a jet wave isn't the only viable army. I would think that only having jet skins for one planet would bring back the need for players to utilize different troop combos, thus making the game much more interesting at high level.

I'm getting defense wins with hd bases as a rebel and imp. That's against skinned jets. Skinned gr and sc units make defense rather easy. I'll get steamrolled by the occasional good attacker but the casuals are SOL. The problem isn't the jet skins, it's that there are no other really viable options. Sniper med will do the death March. Heavy med will get decimated by snipers or sharps. The armory and then gr massively unbalanced the game. Then you add events which encourage dev base farming which is about as fun as wiping your ass with sandpaper. War scene is screwed unless you can coordinate no op wars when tako is in play. Basically, the devs have their heads up a hutt's ass.
Leader Sith-Society HQ 10 Medals 70k 4 openings
Officer Havoc_Sentinels HQ 10 Medals 52k 0 openings

BCSWC
Commander

Post#14 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Cleric wrote:First, I said nerf the skins, not the unit. And I get that players want to win while they are playing. However, this game used to be strategic. One had to learn how to use each unit effectively and in combination with each other in order to succeed and get that win that we all want so much. Now, jet wave is not only the most used army for both sides (with small variations by player), but it is essentially the only option in 1v1 that has a chance of 3 starring an opponent and it is all due to the jet equipment (skins) which every planet type has. Therefore the game becomes boring as we might as well not experiment with different unit combos in our armies when the jet wave is so effective and versatile The part of the game that is still fun is wars, where skins do not exist and a jet wave isn't the only viable army. I would think that only having jet skins for one planet would bring back the need for players to utilize different troop combos, thus making the game much more interesting at high level.

I have to strongly agree with you on that. Units have to be viable on its own, skins should only be a bonus if you want to buff certain units to suit your combat doctrine.

Midge
Admiral

Post#15 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:05 am

Jesus ... just more and more bitching.

Fact. The game was NEVER about using a bunch of different units "strategically." It has ALWAYS been about finding what works best in the current construct of the game. HMC, eATAT/MHC, Sniper loads, Jets Loads, back to HMC, back to Jets ... tell me all the times Pathfinders were useful before the Jets skins?

The GR is what REALLY changed things because it very much limits what you can do when there is a ridiculous amount of stuff spawning.

But again ... keep bitching because you can't stop jet swarms. I will keep getting 10+ defends a day against them and the game will continue to lose its player base and continue to lose revenue as you keep whining that you can't gain medals while you're logged off.

Makes sense.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Dombee
Squadron Leader

Post#16 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:55 am

Long time Imp here and yes GR at maxed levels has changed the game drastically, in pre GR days I would be happy with 15 Def wins a week, I have for the past few months recorded constantly 75-100 a week, I play less, so my base is open more, I have a strong layout but I didnt suddenly become a defense genius, the GR troops with buffed turrets did that for me.

Jumps/jet skins are totally OP unless you face similar buffed levels, any imbalance and its goodnight base. I load out 10 jumps with vader, 1TX, rest are ancillary units to distract turrets/GR, locate/destroy traps and support my attack, the new Bangbus is totally OP and all I have is lvl1, im sure the new ATST skin will also help us imps. Will rebs use the wookie wagon? Will they use the new T2b skin? some will im sure but unless you grind it out, then im sure it will just be another set of units to bitch about.

I will still plant on a full lvl10, I will also 100% A FULL LVL10, its about my attack, my lure of SC (vader user so I need to get rid of those jets in the SC early).
Proud Officer in Dark~Brigade, still medal capped, still playing. Still think all Air Contra Snipers are weak douches. Learn to attack like the big boys and girls, you muppet. :lol:

X999
Commander

Post#17 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 pm

There is only 1 philosophy in this game, cook jet/jumps tx tanks then click and go. all other units are toys from disney to suck you in to they crystal maze.
Member in Blackphase_Siths Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#18 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 pm

X999 wrote:There is only 1 philosophy in this game, cook jet/jumps tx tanks then click and go. all other units are toys from disney to suck you in to they crystal maze.

Me attacking in this last conflict... Jets in transports, Jets in SC, 2 TXs to lure GR and SC troops, Ithorians to disable shields against non walled bases, and a few soldiers to clean spreaded buildings. 3 stars, 2 stars, 3 stars, 2 stars...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”