Reduced Rewards in Event Bonus Crates

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Napalm
Commodore

Reduced Rewards in Event Bonus Crates

Post#1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am

When the devs rolled out the "Events" in SWC, they used two groups to test the event points (EP) system.

Group A required 450 EP to earn bonus crates and contained 3 rewards
Group B required 900 EP to earn bonus crates and contained 6 rewards

During subsequent events, the devs decided that 900 EP for 6 rewards was the best formula.

Since then, rewards have been reduced to 5 and now with the latest event they have been reduced further to 4.

Along the timeline event award changes, it's become harder to earn the necessary EP quickly (at least as a Rebel) because matchmaking no longer brings up easy bases that can be cleared with a partial load out.

If the goal is to get players to lose interest in the Events, then I guess the present course works.
Napalm
Rank 26 :: 148,300
Pogo
Rank 25 :: 148,200

Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

lc77
Commodore

Re: Reduced Rewards in Event Bonus Crates

Post#2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 am

Be carful. Espressing any opeenions on the gaime mite get you laybelled as a whiny tear dropper.

I agree with you though.

Lynch
Commander

Post#3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Yeah, this is a joke, as I have a level 8 base, and they lowered the EP down 20. Really? If you were going to lower it, at least drop it 70. 3 out of the 4 rewards are usually junk anyways.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 pm

I thought the -20 was pretty sweet. That meant I could get a bonus crate with 4 attacks and an HD. Before, you were 10 short. Or, 4 attacks and two objective crates got the job done. The lesser rewards sucked, but I found the crates much easier to obtain. I got 21 last week on my main account (level 8), and finished off the AvA and the INT-4, so I've got the rest of the event off. I only needed the full 5 attacks 2 or 3 times.

The 7 PM HD cycle was especially sweet: 5 hd's and 1 attack = 700 ep. Before, you were 20 short and needed a second attack.

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 pm

A GOOD SIGN... Maybe?

As I posted here, in Week #4 of the current 4 Week Event there will be Daily Planetary Objectives every 12 hours or DOUBLE the "norm".

It will be interesting to see just how this helps (or not) in getting to the Elite Crates faster.

Time will tell...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Euph
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm

I can deal with whatever shitty effort/reward ratio they choose to give us. I'll either play it or I won't.

I mostly just wish they'd stop changing it all the time.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:40 pm

DeathStriker wrote:A GOOD SIGN... Maybe?

As I posted here, in Week #4 of the current 4 Week Event there will Heroic Defense Events every 12 hours or DOUBLE the "norm".

It will be interesting to see just how this helps (or not) in getting to the Elite Crates faster.

Time will tell...

You mean planetary objectives, right? HD is normally every 12 hours, except during the rancor or zombie events.

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 am

Chancellor wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:...

You mean planetary objectives, right? HD is normally every 12 hours, except during the rancor or zombie events.

Chancellor - You are CORRECT... My bad... :oops:

I have corrected the original post above.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 am

I agree -20 and -50 EP are nothing, and based on that they reduced the number of frags in the crates like they are doing a big deal for the players... they drop EP from 750 to 700, but I still need to do 5 attacks with my HQ8 -- my last surviving account playing events now --, what is boring and time consuming, anyway, if HDs and objectives aren't available.

But I saw while I was playing this Event that some Event Crates are giving frags (from 1 to 3) instead of only samples for the Speeder, Bufopel and Fathier. Don't know if they are giving frags for everyone, but for my HQ 8 I got 3 or 4 Event crates with 3 frags instead of samples.

But along with the receive/donate 132 troops for durasteel crates, my Bronzium Objectives for today as Rebel HQ10 are deploy 5 b-wings, deploy 30 Z95s, train 48 heavies, destroy 16 mortars (who still use mortars at HQ 10???), destroy 16 sonics and destroy 4 Hero comm (the last 2 are the more reasonable of all)...

Daily Objectives are good only for those at HQ6 to HQ8, they still are easy and fast at these levels... I stopped doing that when I reached HQ9 for both primary accounts.

Hey you Devs, give us the HD loop again, and we talk... :lol: :lol:
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Westion
Cadet Trooper

Post#10 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:57 am

What is the HD loop?

Return to “General Discussions”