The Death Of Mortar Turrets, Unless.........

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lc77
Commodore

Re: The Death Of Mortar Turrets, Unless.........

Post#11 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:11 pm

DarkRebel wrote:The question here is why players are still using jets jumps even after the burst buff ?

They probably have not tried the new mighty Fartier.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:23 pm

lc77 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:The question here is why players are still using jets jumps even after the burst buff ?

They probably have not tried the new mighty Fartier.

Lol, I don't think they even buffed it. The display shows more damage, but the papajessie site I think shows that it does identical damage to what it did originally.

TNT
Major General

Post#13 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:11 am

DarkRebel wrote:They are still useful at lower levels (L7 or lower) and deadly against infantry attack.

The question here is why players are still using jets jumps even after the burst buff ?

For Rebels, I'm just going to point you to this:
Rodian Sniper GR invalidate all non jet units

and for both Rebels and Imperials:
All non jet units are at a massive disadvantage which will only grow as the GR gets leveled up.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#14 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am

TNT wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:They are still useful at lower levels (L7 or lower) and deadly against infantry attack.

The question here is why players are still using jets jumps even after the burst buff ?

For Rebels, I'm just going to point you to this:
Rodian Sniper GR invalidate all non jet units

and for both Rebels and Imperials:
All non jet units are at a massive disadvantage which will only grow as the GR gets leveled up.

Thanks.

My question was partially directed at the devs ;) that's their strategy to discrourage jets/jumps does not work as well as they planned. (I know they are lurking).

I do think that there's need for new mech skins other than on Hoth. Note that player can use arctic equipment (on HFDs and MHCs, or dews/tauntaun) and they have been having good success using a more balance load.

Imagine a new desert/forest skin for jugg/ATAT and ATST/T2B. This will bring more balance load to other planets.

Ground infantry is still at a big disadvantage due to slow speed and buffed walls, and hence not sufficient to take down GR troops fast enough, while being shot at by turrets and GR/SC troops themselves.

Here are some thoughts:
- Further increase dps and health buff for ground units (heavies, rebels/storms). Seeing some 100% wipeout with mass storm/rebel load will immediately cause player to add back mortars.
- Reduce wall buff
- Slightly reduce buff for jumps/jets (don't nerf them to be completely useless like IMP RFT).
- Slightly reduce GR troop spawn rate (i.e. slower) or completely disable respawning. Troops only get spawn once, like in the WAR outpost (in this case, troop level needs to be higher).
- New mech skins on desert and green planets (for MHC/HFD, ATST/T2B, ATAT/JUG)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 am

Instead of buffing health and damage, introduce new units and heroes that nullify certain types of damage but retain weaknesses vs. others to prevent another batch of “buffed fliers” from being created. It’s like throwing a dark trooper in front on a rocket turret to screen the rest of your troops. They’re great for that but get murdered by bursts and sonics. My point is that more health and damage is too direct of a method to deal with stronger defenses and it leads to mindless spamming of troops which is boring and lacks any hint of strategy. Adding new stuff that does different things promotes strategy. What if there were units that carried shields to block incoming mortar rounds, or ones that scrambled incoming rockets to go haywire and miss? Stuff like that.

Gharris92
Commander

Post#16 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:45 pm

New turret will do for both sides, only 2 surface to air turrets but everyone will moan then because no one will be able to 3 star or Grind in conflicts or events. I like the game just saying. Keep it as it is...
Commanderharris
1st_ORDER2
(Officer)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 pm

If everyone averaged 1-2 star wins people would still be able to grind for conflict wins. The UC threshold would just be much lower.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#18 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 am

I don't think I've used a mortar since....? Level 8... maybe???

Whilst I'd welcome some changes, after all that bullshit swapping turrets from Rapids... this just isn't welcome I'm afraid...

Flogging a dead horse here IMO...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Return to “General Discussions”