It's funny how a "worthless" unit ends up becoming a beast

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: It's funny how a "worthless" unit ends up becoming a beast

Post#11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 am

What other units have surprised you as far as usefulness?[/quote]
I can't imagine how you thought the EATTE was useless. It has the stats of the EATAT, one of the best units in the game. Having that is like an imperial having the Atromedic.

I am greatly surprised as well that I do not see the eATTE used more often against my base. It is identical to our long term mainstay the eATAT, even though with the Armory skins most classic heroes such have become viable.
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 am

The speeder was always the useless unit when I started in the game. 6 uc, slow and gets wrecked by every base after dealing little damage in return. So I never upgraded them much.
I remember as a level 5 receiving some lev10 speeders and they were different beasts. Quick, deadly and a force to be reckoned with.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#13 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 am

TNT wrote:
ForceMel wrote:I'm speaking specifically about the AT-TE Hero unit the rebels have, and its use in squad wars. I worked hard to get this unit to 10 knowing that since it had the same specs as the AT-AT, it was going to be much more valuable than people realized. Now it's almost the only hero I use.

What other units have surprised you as far as usefulness?

I can't imagine how you thought the EATTE was useless. It has the stats of the EATAT, one of the best units in the game. Having that is like an imperial having the Atromedic.

I was hoping my post would convey that I knew it was going to be a valuable unit. The quotes around worthless were meant to convey the general attitude in the community. As stated in my post, I worked hard to get it to 10 knowing how valuable it was going to be. That said, I usually don't use it in pvp because it is too slow, and I prefer using buffed heroes according to the planet I'm on.

I've often wondered why more imps don't use the astromedic heavies combo. The rebel rapids are pretty weak, and can probably be rolled easily.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#14 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 am

ForceMel wrote:
TNT wrote:
ForceMel wrote:I'm speaking specifically about the AT-TE Hero unit the rebels have, and its use in squad wars. I worked hard to get this unit to 10 knowing that since it had the same specs as the AT-AT, it was going to be much more valuable than people realized. Now it's almost the only hero I use.

What other units have surprised you as far as usefulness?

I've often wondered why more imps don't use the astromedic heavies combo. The rebel rapids are pretty weak, and can probably be rolled easily.

Maybe because most imps do not have the medics at high levels. For me the HMC only worked in the short period on Tat when the new Sand Heavies were the most powerful unit around … those were my Glory Days in the Desert, ooohhh loot so sweet ;-)

If I use a HMC now it will be slaughtered by GR and SC troops, due to the meds not being high level. It is only viable when kept alive by Medships and lots of long range snipers… But then it is degraded to a regular mixed LO, not longer a real HMC.
Frags for AM are scarce and the few and far in between events featuring medics I somehow missed entirely or couldn't play much due to real life
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:19 am

ForceMel wrote:I've often wondered why more imps don't use the astromedic heavies combo. The rebel rapids are pretty weak, and can probably be rolled easily.

In NO-OP war, yes.
In regular PVP, no, same reason why rebels aren't using this combo themselves: the armory + GR troops.

erfs
Commodore

Post#16 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:What other units have surprised you as far as usefulness?

I am greatly surprised as well that I do not see the eATTE used more often against my base. It is identical to our long term mainstay the eATAT, even though with the Armory skins most classic heroes such have become viable.

Have it at level 2 but never really used since it's painfully slow and not really that great.

So at level 2 I get 2,161 damage and 41,600 health. If I had it at level 8, it would be comparable to an unbuffed L8 Elite AT-AT.

But: Add a level 2 AT-ACT skin (which imho is a lot easier to get than a L2 E AT-AT) and you have +134 health and damage, plus it spawns stormies, making it far superior.
-> For both the IMP and Rebel, you would be giving up one elite buff space in the armory.

EDIT:

Boog wrote:I like the Spider hero for HD's, so I usually have one in my hero command. It's a huge bummer when I accidentally deploy it in an attack, though, lol. I win all my hd's, but if my deka is up, I'll use the SDK to help keep it alive.

Definitely agree on the SD-K4. Imho, it is one of the best HD units to have. Only has problems with shock troopers / vanguards. For all others it is very quick and deadly and the little spider droids it releases will distract attacking troops who fire on them instead of the SD-K4.

In terms of PVP - it's dead very quickly but when I first got it with level 2 (double crate event) when my secondary base was L3, it alone could wipe out most Imp bases I attacked until I reached a level where they started to have strong rocket turrets. So especially for a starter / low level player it's an awesome unit.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 am

When I'm drunk there's only one unit I reach for...

#RageRancor FTW haha!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:48 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
TNT wrote:I've often wondered why more imps don't use the astromedic heavies combo. The rebel rapids are pretty weak, and can probably be rolled easily.

Maybe because most imps do not have the medics at high levels. For me the HMC only worked in the short period on Tat when the new Sand Heavies were the most powerful unit around … those were my Glory Days in the Desert, ooohhh loot so sweet ;-)

If I use a HMC now it will be slaughtered by GR and SC troops, due to the meds not being high level. It is only viable when kept alive by Medships and lots of long range snipers… But then it is degraded to a regular mixed LO, not longer a real HMC.
Frags for AM are scarce and the few and far in between events featuring medics I somehow missed entirely or couldn't play much due to real life

If you want to see an imp who is a stud with the HMC, move into DarkDonations and ask zare to post replays. He used to drop rep points off in a squad I was in for a while, and his replays were killer. The loadout was something like Kessen, lugg, rep droid, 15 max heavies, 6 astro's, then shock troopers and maybe storms for fill. He's one of the max imps that sits on Tat and basically revenge attacks when he's in the mood.

Dolphin75
Captain

Post#19 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 am

I had pretty much ignored my Tog, assuming that anything it could do, a skinned sharpshooter could do better. When I got it to L9, I decided to give it a shot in the SC. I was wrong! It works like an Imp sniper, superior to the sharpshooter, even with a medium level skin. This usefulness may not be news to anyone else, but I was surprised.

BTW, my L10 EATTE is now my most used hero. As a long-time (former) Empire player, this was not a surprise to me.

Return to “General Discussions”