It's funny how a "worthless" unit ends up becoming a beast

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ForceMel
Commodore

It's funny how a "worthless" unit ends up becoming a beast

Post#1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:23 pm

I'm speaking specifically about the AT-TE Hero unit the rebels have, and its use in squad wars. I worked hard to get this unit to 10 knowing that since it had the same specs as the AT-AT, it was going to be much more valuable than people realized. Now it's almost the only hero I use.

What other units have surprised you as far as usefulness?
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: It's funny how a "worthless" unit ends up becoming a beast

Post#2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Royal Guard with Naval Officer equipment.

At-Mp MKIII with cold weather equipment.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Tie Pilots, when used correctly they are very effective. Plus their tie fighter support helps knock down bases quickly when combined with other units.

Dark Troopers and Dew Backs at level 10. Definitely worth it as shields for jumps, tanks, Vader and naval officer.

Scouts are ridiculous in SW's with Tako.

Dowutin Hunters are nasty as well.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I like the Spider hero for HD's, so I usually have one in my hero command. It's a huge bummer when I accidentally deploy it in an attack, though, lol. I win all my hd's, but if my deka is up, I'll use the SDK to help keep it alive.

I also carry 2-4 tie interceptors with me into every attack. They are great against walled in bases to get a kubaz in at the shields and to get the SC and dekas moving. That is the best way to deal with SC jets (at least for me). If I just bumble into a base and hope there are no buffed jets in the SC, it doesn't end well.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#5 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm having some limited fun with the slicer droid. Seriously put a couple into a nothing dev base and watch what happens.

I took two into a player base tonight and they handled the other guys gr dewbacks, etc. Even knocked back their jumps in the sc.

Limited fun but fun to play with.
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 am

Definitely the Tie Bomber… a hidden gem!
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#7 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 am

Many imperials just stick to Vader and E-ATAT. Some use Kessen too. But almost all rebels use Luke, Kessen. Only a few use AT-TE
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Leader Of TheAlphaSquadron

Join us now by completing this recruitment form:- https://goo.gl/forms/DpXMdyzhzWWTmuhb2

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

Fisherman
Captain

Post#8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am

AT-RTs for defense due to range - use in combo with bikes or even a couple of troopers.

Midge
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:Many imperials just stick to Vader and E-ATAT. Some use Kessen too. But almost all rebels use Luke, Kessen. Only a few use AT-TE

Awesome information ... way to answer the original post ...

I think the biggest one for me was T2s with Tat. And the value of Iakuru in no outpost wars.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

TNT
Major General

Post#10 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 am

AdmiralPiett wrote:Many imperials just stick to Vader and E-ATAT. Some use Kessen too. But almost all rebels use Luke, Kessen. Only a few use AT-TE

I wonder if that's related to how the EATTE only had one event to get frags....naww, probably not.

ForceMel wrote:I'm speaking specifically about the AT-TE Hero unit the rebels have, and its use in squad wars. I worked hard to get this unit to 10 knowing that since it had the same specs as the AT-AT, it was going to be much more valuable than people realized. Now it's almost the only hero I use.

What other units have surprised you as far as usefulness?

I can't imagine how you thought the EATTE was useless. It has the stats of the EATAT, one of the best units in the game. Having that is like an imperial having the Atromedic.

The last unit I "discovered"was the Z95. It builds fast and the abiliy to destroy walls is pretty great.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Return to “General Discussions”