It's all over for me I think

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: It's all over for me I think

Post#11 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:54 pm

spootieho wrote:If you are rebel, leave tat when on offense. 98% of the bases there are dev shills with low resources.
Go somewhere like hoth and you should be able to get your resources in a handful of attacks.

Then jump back to tat for defense.

When raiding for loot, I've done better on green lately. Hoth isn't what it used to be.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
spootieho wrote:If you are rebel, leave tat when on offense. 98% of the bases there are dev shills with low resources.
Go somewhere like hoth and you should be able to get your resources in a handful of attacks.

Then jump back to tat for defense.

When raiding for loot, I've done better on green lately. Hoth isn't what it used to be.

HQ10s with 148300 medals, from top ranked squads are steamrolling my new HQ8 base with 10000 medals when I step foot on the green planets.

For sure, there's more loot to be had on the green planets, but they are slightly more difficult to take than Hoth, especially when on EP grind mode.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 am

@markjl;
some good advice here; join a good squad with players able to donate you really good troops for sc.
Another is do not upgrade your traps … build them but leave them at L1-2; itt will save you alloy in resetting traps AND keep your hidden base score lower, which will help you not getting attacked by the best players.
L7 was a fun period (it was years ago for my main account, not so long ago for my second account) . Upgrades didn't take hours of grinding and I was strong enough to at least grab outposts in wars.
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Xinix
Major General

Post#14 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:Another is do not upgrade your traps … build them but leave them at L1-2; itt will save you alloy in resetting traps AND keep your hidden base score lower, which will help you not getting attacked by the best players.

If I recall correctly a L1 trap adds 30 to your base score while a L10 trap adds 40 ... in other words: if you try to keep your base score low do not build traps at all. (But personally I would always try to max. out.)

Btw. on our hero papajessie.github site these are in the 'Xp' row in the 'Uninterpreted stats - Seriously, we don't know what to do with these.' section ...

X999
Commander

Post#15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:51 pm

markjl wrote:Well it's all over for me I think - I feel it is time to move on.

Mostly because I don't think I can win and I can't get any further.
There's nothing more I can do to build up my defenses I have everything possible at level 7
I've been sat here getting attacked, often 100%
I can't get to level 8, I'll never get the 750k alloy required.
So what's the point?
I doubt even if I attacked everyone that I would get enough alloy to upgrade my base,
So if your above level 7, I have no idea how you did it.

One thing i allways do when hunting loot as an imp, i go to tat where all the rich rebs are parked, then i hunt bases with a minimum of 500k alloy/gold available (i am lvl10 on my main base and need 5 million for turrets and shields) yesterday i needed 2 million alloy to get a droid busy on a turret and got it in 3 attacks (took over 1 million of 1 base), If all you need is 750k to get hq to lvl8 then only hunt imp bases on green planets with a minimum of 100k available, just skip the low loot bases, this way you do not waste time and load-out scraping 20/30k keep going until you get what you need then upgrade before logging out.
Doing this should easy get you 750k in 10 attacks or less, just don`t attack bases unless its worth it to you, even take a few losses if you have to so long as you get the loot, as medals are easy to get back. TBH loot is very easy to get on this platform i find. On the now dead windows server i was excited to get 100k as a lvl10, now its peanuts to me here, its gotta be 500k plus to make me happy. I use this base X-999 as a test base sandbagger lvl8, and i see lvl6/7 reb bases with 250k loot available all the time so it cant be that hard to get 750k? maybe harder for rebs, i have no idea. But if you think grinding for 750k is hard you will have a nightmare at lvl10 trying to get 5 million alloy to upgrade turrets and shields.
Best to stick at it, shame to quit after getting this far, things get better beyond lvl7 with buffed jumps/jets and higher lvl buffed troops and mechs you will start getting loot much easier imo. Anyway good luck.
Officer in ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014

dezmo
Lieutenant

Post#16 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 pm

My level 8 got there mostly by doing the tatooine story...
That said I know how you feel... it's very unbalanced.
The more they tweak it... the further unbalanced it becomes... I've felt that way since last year's January updates... before that it was a very enjoyable game... after that I gave up an almost left, but went into caretaker mode... checked in every so often just to refresh defense an chip in with squad requests... sometime at end of last year it balanced a little better and I've managed between the 2 to max upgrade Everything bar 6guns,shields an walls... even got couple oppressor upgrades an a sentinel upgrade to 22...
But now it's dead in the water again... so many of our squad have left because it's so FUCKIN unfair...
I'm back in caretaker mode... with a view to delete the game entirely....
Officer of Fireteam-Blunder
LvL 49 squad perks
Join us!

Through Victory our chains are broken!

Spider1g
Storm Trooper

Post#17 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:47 pm

I play Empire I loved level 7 I am level 8 and I am lucky to get 4 stars in an attack and it seems every damn one of my opponents is a 9 or a 10 and I do not understand why it is a 10 gets to attack me and I have to attack a 10 every damn time... its really getting old.. my skins suck and I finally got one of the reserves.. this is a money pit of a game.. I am about to give up myself and while I dont fear getting to 9 .. that will be easy and I could have upgraded my headquarters to 9 more than a few times already but I am trying to get everything to an 8 before I move on to 9 .. its SLOW GOING .. RIDICULOUSLY SLOW .. squad bay to 7 .. 1 week and a day .. FOR what a 2 minute fight against an opponent I cant beat.. umm yeah LAME.. and match maker is soo damn broke its not funny .. Look I dont expect to win every battle .. I dont.. but the chance to loose every battle and then loosing every battle sucks.. I win 4 points .. turn around and get smacked for 28 .. win 8 points ... get smacked again for 14 .. STUPID they really need to look at the match making or I am gonna take my money some place else.

Boog
Admiral

Post#18 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Send a complaint to support. If you've bought xtals, send a pdf with screenshots of all your receipts. Let those idiots know that they need to fix the matchmaking if they want to continue generating income.

Matchmaking is by far the biggest problem in the game. Nothing else comes close.

X999
Commander

Post#19 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 pm

only way to get fair matchmaking is make a micro base, plenty of threads on that.
I agree matching is ridiculous for imps, but that is because there are more imps than rebs or is it the other way round? no idea but blah blah plenty of threads on that.
My x-999 base is a reb bully micro base, and my main base ChAoS999 is a normal base, i am now bullying a reb player everyday with x-999 playing revenge ping pong, he always loses attack and i flatten his lvl7 base with buffed jumps, i have no shields and only 2 lvl1 turrets but i have GR and sc and rodians so he has no chance to beat me unless he gets smart and lures out gr and snipes sc with 3 xwings,( or 1 new U wing) but thats for him to learn, so i am doing him a favour really, i just hope he appreciates me helping him learn. ?
Yep i have manipulated the matchmaking shit with this base, and having fun bullying lvl6/7 rebs but i have had 3.5 years of being mismatched against rebs, so i really dont give a fuck. This game is so broken its amazing its still going.
Officer in ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014

llamaman
Commander

Post#20 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Just a small tip if you find your base is being used as an atm, save all your crates up from conflicts and heroic d and open them in one hit when you have a droid free. This will hopefully give you enough credits or alloy to carry on upgrading.

Return to “General Discussions”