[iOS / Android] Hotfix 1145 / 1146 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

[iOS / Android] Hotfix 1145 / 1146 - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

NOTICE: Hotfix 1145 / 1146 Published

Hotfix 1145 was published and released some more Solo Movie Content.

• New Graphics for Barracks.
  • Preview of Hauler
  • Preview of P006 (Droid looking Unit)
  • Preview of Rebel U-Wing Armory Skin (for X-Wing Fighters)
  • Preview of the Empire Bubba TIE Armory Skin (for TIE Fighters)
ALSO was resulting in some game crashes noted.

Hotfix 1145 was quickly replaced by Hotfix 1146 which:

• Rolled back / removed new Graphics for Barracks.
  • Removed previews of Hauler and P006 (Droid looking Unit) and Rebel U-Wing Armory Skin (for X-Wing Fighters) and the Empire Bubba TIE Armory Skin (for TIE Fighters).
  • Fixed Crash Issue.
  • Added In-Game Developer Note about Planned Server Maintenance
BOTTOM LINE: We got a brief "peek" at what is coming after the end of the current Solo Movie Event.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

VileDoom
Major General

Re: [iOS / Android] Hotfix 1145 / 1146 - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Anyone get screenshots of the new barracks/transports etc?

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 pm

VileDoom wrote:Anyone get screenshots of the new barracks/transports etc?

Yes - But you can see some of the previews by viewing my Post found here

Most screenshots (of Units now removed) where incomplete in their information and highly subject to change.

Will see more on Wednesday, 5/23 after Server Maintenance.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Euph
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 pm

I felt like the U-Wing would be better suited to replace the LAAT, just from a lore/time perspective, but eh.

Still, a TIE/X-wing skin could be interesting used in combination with pilots. Whether it'll be worth the precious armoury space is another matter.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#5 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 pm

First reaction: 'Uhhgg... more frags in the pool. I'll never get them all'
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#6 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 pm

U-wings dropping heavy commandos in place of regulars makes sense as a LAAT skin. A BB-8 enhanced X-Wing probably would have had limited usability... and received a much cooler reception.

Who knows, maybe the U-Wing has a new function or weapon in the Solo movie?

First reaction was “Nuts. I prefer flying X-Wings.” Second was “More frags? Just when I got down to 142 Advanced frags left...”
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 31/23 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

TNT
Major General

Post#7 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 am

I wonder what the droid and the hauler will do. :?

Maybe the hauler will be the mech version of the LAAT and dropping droids or something.

I assume the skin will boost the xwings damage. But unless they're also getting splash they'll still be much worse than Fangs for everything except sniping SC. I suppose samples will be nice for war. :)

It could work on pilots. But as you can't use it wars and pilots are dead meat against Sniper Guard Reserve they'll probably never see use from me.
Honestly devs, just fix the armory jets/GR problem before adding units that are instantly obsolete because of the aforementioned problem.

Alternatively, they're even more broken than the jets/Sniper GR and thus will be unstoppable for everyone. That's unlikely though thanks to the starship baking time.

I also look forward to another 3*830=2.490 (Assumed) frags being added to the pool. Not to depress you or anything, but that's 1.245 crates you're going to open to max them out....anyone willing to put down the time of your life you're wasting watching the shitty opening animation?
It's almost like the frag system is broken.

In short, I expect my holiday to go on for a bit longer after the current event.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 am

TNT wrote:I wonder what the droid and the hauler will do. :?

Maybe the hauler will be the mech version of the LAAT and dropping droids or something.

I assume the skin will boost the xwings damage. But unless they're also getting splash they'll still be much worse than Fangs for everything except sniping SC. I suppose samples will be nice for war. :)

It could work on pilots. But as you can't use it wars and pilots are dead meat against Sniper Guard Reserve they'll probably never see use from me.
Honestly devs, just fix the armory jets/GR problem before adding units that are instantly obsolete because of the aforementioned problem.

Alternatively, they're even more broken than the jets/Sniper GR and thus will be unstoppable for everyone. That's unlikely though thanks to the starship baking time.

I also look forward to another 3*830=2.490 (Assumed) frags being added to the pool. Not to depress you or anything, but that's 1.245 crates you're going to open to max them out....anyone willing to put down the time of your life you're wasting watching the shitty opening animation?
It's almost like the frag system is broken.

In short, I expect my holiday to go on for a bit longer after the current event.

'Never tell me the odds!' hahahah

In all seriousness though... great maths... sadly... agree 100% with all of the above, without a fix on the jets/GR issue anything added to this game now is redundant... real shame!!!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

erfs
Commodore

Post#9 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:36 am

TNT wrote: But as you can't use it wars and pilots are dead meat against Sniper Guard Reserve they'll probably never see use from me.

I find them to be pretty good when you want to loot and lose medals at the same time - fast cooking time and much better than scouts IMHO.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#10 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Preview Armory Skin for X-wing

Preview of Barracks / Transports

Moderator Note: Placed Images in Image Tags so as to be visible when viewing Topic.
Last edited by JARJAR on Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussions”