jumps

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
bobcat

jumps

Post#1 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Hey did they nerf imperial jump troopers. I used to take out reb sc jumps with little problem , but now it is nearly impossible to beat anything. Not complaining , just wondering . I have lvl 10 / 10 jumps . So if anyone knows give me a shout.

desmshei

Re: jumps

Post#2 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:56 am

It does appear the the reb jets are doing a better job taking out our jumps

Solutions. 1. Air support to bomb the sc or hit the jets when they emerge. 2. Snipers and/or Tongan marksmen. 3. Jump overkill - load up with 17 jumps, avoid Sonics and blast the jets out if the sky. There can only be 5 jets in the sc

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#3 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

I've been using a more "balanced" load out of late.

7 Jumps (planet appropriate skin)
1 Sniper (Rodian Skin)
1 Tie Pilot
1 Shock
9 Storms (Planet Appropriate Skin)
3 Tanks (TX Skin)
2 Bikes
1 Lugga

Hero (ACT, Naval Officer, Kessen, Vader)

Deploy the Rodian in a far corner against those pesky outlying buildings. The Tie Bombers it rains will help soften the main base for your jumps. The Hero and TX's will deal with the turrets. Make sure to spread your jumps out, as that will give them a better chance at Survival if the Hornet's Nest is full.

If there are unprotected resource buildings, use the Tie Pilot. At L10 it brings L8 Ties as support.

Use the bikes to soften the SC Jet swarm.

If you are attacking a high level rebel base, use a couple T5's to help prolong your attack.

Plus don't forget that the Jets attack as a group when they come out of the SC, which allows them to cut down their targets VERY quickly. I find if you can get the SC Jets to split up and follow multiple targets, they are easier to deal with.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 pm

desmshei wrote:Solutions. 1. Air support to bomb the sc or hit the jets when they emerge. ...

Use air to hit the jets ??? Wonder how well that works :)

Boom
Captain

Post#5 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm

May also be due to the matchmaking changes in that you are hitting higher lvl jumps that are more evenly matched and outnumbering your jets.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#6 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm

bobcat wrote:Hey did they nerf imperial jump troopers. I used to take out reb sc jumps with little problem , but now it is nearly impossible to beat anything. Not complaining , just wondering . I have lvl 10 / 10 jumps . So if anyone knows give me a shout.

Towers were boosted making a lot of things more difficult.

Buffed rebels with meds now get eaten up by buffed towers. Didn't happen before. I've had to change my whole buildout due to the towers gaining an edge on me.

Boom wrote:May also be due to the matchmaking changes in that you are hitting higher lvl jumps that are more evenly matched and outnumbering your jets.

^^ Also this. At HQ8, all the dev bases are HQ10 now. Matchmaking has increased the difficulty of the game.

That's a good thing, unless you are trying to reach a goal (EP, 2%...) and then it becomes that much more frustrating.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

erfs
Commodore

Post#7 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:53 am

And it seems like the dev bases have very little alloy and credits (both for Imps and Rebels), which is less fun when you are trying to do expensive upgrades.

Alpha
Major General

Post#8 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 am

bobcat wrote:Hey did they nerf imperial jump troopers. I used to take out reb sc jumps with little problem , but now it is nearly impossible to beat anything. Not complaining , just wondering . I have lvl 10 / 10 jumps . So if anyone knows give me a shout.

No Nerf as i now it however jets have always been better than out jumps on a one v one basis plus you will have to realize that by now other have high level skins as well. this and your jumps even though a generalist will target turrets first before shooting at the jets which doesn't help! ;)

Josketer
Commander

Post#9 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:16 am

You must find another way to attack them .... ;)

Josketer, Officer from Argentina-501st ( 1rst Division )
HQ : 10 ---Rank : 17--- Medals : + 80 K
Youtube channel : Josketer
Squad wars & PvP videos :mrgreen:
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks Level 50 ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 am

I planted a couple of times recently trying to hunt CBs for my Deko upgrade (to 31). Ran into tough bases where GR troops just spawned out like crazy, and my jumps just melted against buffed turrets (and sonics). And yes, I did bring 12 jumps.

Jumps load is not god mode (at least not at my equipment level). You do lose when attacking tough bases with much higher armory level than your troops. My troops are mostly L6 armory, and they seem insufficient when going against these high level bases, and they are well designed bases too.

So what's my point ?
1. Sometimes its not your troops, it's the opponent base equipment level and design, that caused you to lose.
2. Armory level is hidden. You think you take on similar bases, but you don't really know while the base may look the same, they might have much higher armory equipment level (turrets, GR troops).

Return to “General Discussions”