EPIC NO-OP WAR: W.A.R. United vs. By Design

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: EPIC NO-OP WAR: W.A.R. United vs. By Design

Post#31 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm

ForceMel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
ForceMel wrote:It is no accident that those who hate the outposts are from full level 10 squads. As my squad gets closer to full 10, I feel the frustration of having a lower level squad benefit from having tak and dand, and the final score being 45-45. On the other side of that, my squad was matched with Imperial Enclave with tak and dand in play, and we were able to tie them, thus avoiding another loss in a war in which we were sorely over matched.

Good job on that comeback btw. We usually try to go no op as it actually puts us at a disadvantage in most wars and injects a more “plan, plan, plan and execute” style of play into wars instead of the old grab outpost and mad dash attack to 45 gameplay. We’re all about the competition and having a good time with our opponents even if we occasionally tie or even lose.

We would have had no chance if not for the outposts. Still, it takes careful planning and coordination when you are outmatched the way we were. We've actually been able to win tak dand wars because of our coordination, but it's extremely hard to do, and you can't waste any attacks.

I look forward to playing against you squad with a full 10 roster and maybe no-ops eventually. That line chat will be awesome.

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#32 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Plagueis wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Good job on that comeback btw. We usually try to go no op as it actually puts us at a disadvantage in most wars and injects a more “plan, plan, plan and execute” style of play into wars instead of the old grab outpost and mad dash attack to 45 gameplay. We’re all about the competition and having a good time with our opponents even if we occasionally tie or even lose.

We would have had no chance if not for the outposts. Still, it takes careful planning and coordination when you are outmatched the way we were. We've actually been able to win tak dand wars because of our coordination, but it's extremely hard to do, and you can't waste any attacks.

I look forward to playing against you squad with a full 10 roster and maybe no-ops eventually. That line chat will be awesome.

I am looking for the time when my squad is able to do the no-op wars. When we get to your level, we'll be there. I love wars where both squads are giving their all. We don't get to see it against us very often, and imagine the squads we are facing never see the level of activity we bring. You guys were all there at the beginning, an that's what made it so much fun. I knew we had to be good to secure the outposts we needed and get our attacks in, and you guys were right there fighting us the whole way. No-op against you guys would be awesome.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#33 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:38 pm

I haven't had the honour of a war against ByDesign, if anyone is looking to set something up, starting similar times to try and get a match up with them, let me know if you need an extra :) I think they are the only imperial squad in the top 20 of ksod I haven't had the pleasure to meet in battle.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Piaresquare
Commander

Post#34 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 pm

ObiTwo wrote:I haven't had the honour of a war against ByDesign, if anyone is looking to set something up, starting similar times to try and get a match up with them, let me know if you need an extra :) I think they are the only imperial squad in the top 20 of ksod I haven't had the pleasure to meet in battle.

We war often put your name on the no op list.
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

VRB
Squadron Leader

Post#35 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:44 pm

There are a few line groups out there to coordinate no op wars while most are for elite squads. There is the NT 80 group that is for squads looking to try no op if you are ranked outside the top 80 on Ksod and in game you are eligible. This is not a group for pouching for easy wins it's for getting squads interested and giving them a environment to get better at playing no op. These wars start match making on Fridays if we get enough squads interested days will be added. Right now there have been 10 squads from both factions the past few weeks with a 50% matching rate.

If you have a line acct and are interested my line id is braddanielsvrb

VileDoom
Major General

Post#36 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Boog wrote:I doubt there'd be a bug surge in participation. I think you overestimate how many squads want this.

This is the current sign up for squads that hope to match noOP this weekend. The list continues to grow each week.

Elite No OP War
Initiating matchmaking Saturday:

Imperials go in at 3:30 PM EST (8:30 PM UK)

Dark~Brigade *
NewDarkEmpire
ChaosWolfpck
DivideEtImpera
The_Q66_Empire
Starbender
DarkPath*
Rus•Fire
Polska
RUS. ProХвосты
French'elite
Lordz_WD
ByDesign

Rebels go in at 3:40 PM EST (8:40 PM UK)

IngloriousRebels
Templar_Jedi
Italia-Hansolo
PLHavoc*
N7Specters
Marauders-Delta
DejavuChaos
Nameless
Marauders-Bravo
BioHazard - SHADOWBENDER

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#37 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Need more rebs.

Zach
Commodore

Post#38 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:56 pm

This is great. The players r imo are actually running this game. The whole swc community is amazing :D :mrgreen:

DeathStriker

Post#39 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:03 am

TOPIC CLOSED

I am closing this Topic since the primary Subject "EPIC NO-OP WAR: W.A.R. United vs. By Design" has been completed.

This Topic is worthy of addtional debate / comment and so I am moving the conversation to a New Topic:

[SQUAD WAR] No OP War Sign-Up / Contact Info - Discussion Topic

Please post any further comments there...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”