All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Admiral

Re: All player stats - data from the KSoD website

Post#101 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 am

LosVega wrote:
ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Interesting numbers. Looks like a fall for both sides.

Imps fell from 189,765 to 171,089 - a loss of 18,676
Rebels fell from 124,800 to 111,689 - a lose of 13,111

This time last month, the faction split was 60.3% Imperial to 39.7% Rebel
The new faction break down is 60.5% Imperial to 39.5% Rebel.

ie the numerical disparity is increasing.

It's all rhetorical at this point but how / why such a drop? Rookie squads got matched with veterans too often? Statistical anomaly? Backlash from the movie? It's only been roughly a month since the last snapshot so these results leave me very perplexed.

I think there are multiple things at play:
1: The game is set in the old trilogy era while new fans are likely more in tune with the new movies.
2: The content matching up to the new movies is already locked away. Tough luck newbies.
3: The new content did little to take advantage of the cool parts of the movie. Where is the ATAT or the ATST skin? Nope, here have a horse.
4: Backlash may be part of it, but It's not really clear if the movie is getting as much backlash as people think.
5: It's not a good game and misses literally all of the QoL things other games have. Like quick reloads for regular builds, the ability to select multiple walls for mass upgrades, taking surviving troops back, good loading time both on start up, but also opening buildings etc etc etc.

Honorable mention: The game has been broken ever since the armory boost, but was thoroughly broken ever since Guard Reserve. Though it would take a long time for people to reach that level.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#102 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Some big drops again...

Imps fell from 171,089 to 153,799 - a further loss of 17,290
Rebels fell from 111,689 to 102,330 - a further lose of 9,359

The new faction break down in squad wars is 60.05% Imperial to 39.95% Rebel.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#103 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Feeling the pain... in the last 3 weeks i lost a level 10 with a secondary level 9 account, his bro in-law who had a level 9, and another guy who had a level 9 account with a secondary level 8 account. These were all big hitters and packed a real punch in wars, so I'm feeling the pain now. After a massive winning streak last year we W2 L3 this month, and are back to rebuilding and trying to get new members, plus the newbies I now have to add into the war squad have limited war experience. All those guys who left basically said they are bored with the game now.
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:NewSithEmpire, NewDarkEmpire,F-Deathsquad-D
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#104 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 am

Looks like the Rebel numbers have fallen to about where they were in November. Imperial commanders, however, have fallen below that number. Whilst I think that the closer we get to 50-50, the better it will be for the game, I don't want it to happen in this way!

I think the failure to retain the new commanders is down to the lack of a meaningful tie-in with the new movie. All the game offered was the farthier horse, which wasn't a central element of the movie, didn't do much, was hard to unlock for brand new commanders, and required too much UC. It was quite simply a terrible idea.

The game needs to offer more to newer members. The lengthy times for upgrades undermines enthusiasm for the game when people are just starting out. There are other games, with a shorter initial advancement curve. Also, the unlocks are too hard for non-hardcore players to achieve.

Once again, I will compare this game to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes by EA, which I also play. They got new characters in quickly, have a lot for new players to do, and a bigger picture for players to work towards.

Plus, and I cannot emphasise this enough, EA clearly values its customers.
1) When there are server problems, or update problems, they give ALL players crystals or shards (their equivalent of frags), acknowledge the problem and apologise.
2) They interact with players on their own forum
3) Respond to players concerns quickly

In this game, genuine player concerns go unacknowledged and unaddressed for months at a time.

I think this is a great shame. This is a great game, with a strong following, and a great community. Disney are missing real opportunities here.

I thought the EP system that the devs have recently been experimenting with was a much better way to unlock and upgrade units. It's a shame the units themselves were so poor.

The good news is that the devs are at least trying to make improvements, although I fear that the recent EP event was intended to see how little they could give us in return for us playing. That's the wrong way to go about it in my view.

I do like that the devs are trying though.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

AeroSith
Captain

Post#105 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Looks like the Rebel numbers have fallen to about where they were in November. Imperial commanders, however, have fallen below that number. Whilst I think that the closer we get to 50-50, the better it will be for the game, I don't want it to happen in this way!

I think the failure to retain the new commanders is down to the lack of a meaningful tie-in with the new movie. All the game offered was the farthier horse, which wasn't a central element of the movie, didn't do much, was hard to unlock for brand new commanders, and required too much UC. It was quite simply a terrible idea.

The game needs to offer more to newer members. The lengthy times for upgrades undermines enthusiasm for the game when people are just starting out. There are other games, with a shorter initial advancement curve. Also, the unlocks are too hard for non-hardcore players to achieve.

Once again, I will compare this game to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes by EA, which I also play. They got new characters in quickly, have a lot for new players to do, and a bigger picture for players to work towards.

1) When there are server problems, or update problems, they give ALL players crystals or shards (their equivalent of frags), acknowledge the problem and apologise.

In this game, genuine player concerns go unacknowledged and unaddressed for months at a time.

I think this is a great shame. This is a great game, with a strong following, and a great community. Disney are missing real opportunities here.

I thought the EP system that the devs have recently been experimenting with was a much better way to unlock and upgrade units. It's a shame the units themselves were so poor.

The good news is that the devs are at least trying to make improvements, although I fear that the recent EP event was intended to see how little they could give us in return for us playing. That's the wrong way to go about it in my view.

I have seen almost ever one with lvl 8 and 9 leave the game for the reasons you stated, I might go further to add, every one I know who played said the armory was the big problem, its not a bad idea, but chasing frags for the units that are the most usfull is almost vain.

I am trying to honestly justify why I should play this game. I love the game, I really do. But when you get a sample for a unit that is at your headquarter and you unlock it at Lvl 1 maybe lvl 2 when you are a 6 or a 7 and your opponents are lvl 8,9 and 10 it's completely useless. And it will takes weeks before you see it rotated in planetary conflicts again. My issues is with last naval conflict and this last one with the astromech, no mater how hard , I could not get into the UC. I was a lvl 6 and I was up against 9 and 10 in pvp, Its like I hit a brick wall.

I tried ever combination of loadouts and nothing but faceplants, its like trying to pick numbers for the power ball lottery, And when I addressed the issues with Disney suport, their reply was basically, shut up and buy some crystals to upgrade your base quicker.

Every one I know that recently played the game and quit said they where burned out with grinding for worthless units and felt like Disney was just scamming them for money. I feel like my base is just cannon fodder for High level rebels bases.

I still like the game, and hope Disney will make it right.
We have bacon and Rodian snipers!
And we also hate sand!

LosVega
Admiral

Post#106 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Looks like the Rebel numbers have fallen to about where they were in November. Imperial commanders, however, have fallen below that number. Whilst I think that the closer we get to 50-50, the better it will be for the game, I don't want it to happen in this way!

Not a good sign on the trend but that obviously is an understatement. I think there is not much Disney can do to make the game more of a tie-in other than the fact of it's title. Latest movie (as well as the last) are set in the future. While units from prior events are somewhat still useful, what unit if any are usable from TFA or TLJ? They are all just props to focus interest on the game. Maybe a few new players stuck around but the aforementioned stats say otherwise.

It really is 2 different games now to address newer players. Until you get the armory, you will be okay with setting your own pace and reasonable upgrades. After the armory, you need to commit time and effort to keep up with frag chasing as well as to compete in pvp beyond level 8. I believe the high end of the game population is becoming bored with the current pvp status. Imps get dev bases and rebels get their butts handed to them (except on tat) during conflicts. Meanwhile most high level new players get pounded by both sides and are probably thinking huh? Wtf?

EA cares about their player base, Disney obviously doesn't. EA probably figured out there is a direct correlation from a mobile game leading to their other game products so "they get it". The only correlation for Disney is they own Star Wars so they are pimping it out as much as they can. Let's not forget at one point in time, we could actually get comments from the devs though they could not speak as freely as they would have liked. I also believe those devs paid more attention to the data from the game to address major and minor imbalances. Now it has to be a flaming train wreck to garner their attention if then. Cost saving measures from the mouse possibly ended that type of dev support as well as the absolute worst designed disney forum that replaced the playdom forum. Last but not least, how many more horror stories do we have to hear of players losing their accounts via updates and having to fight with support to get it back if they get it back? That should never happen.

Are the current devs really trying? I'd say yes and no. New EP program, yes. New units, NO! I would say the last somewhat usable units offered came out of the Maz Canata events. Everything else since then has been garbage unless you committed the time and effort to max them out during the events and even then they're still not much.

Sorry to come off more negative than positive but I believe this is a very good strategy game that I enjoy because it is Star Wars. It is also so frustrating knowing it could be so much better with so little effort if Disney would commit to it more(?).
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#107 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Latest stats:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#108 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:18 pm

In the last month both factions have had a significant number of retirements.

The Imperial numbers fell from 171,089 to 148,047 - a loss of 23,042 commanders
The Rebellion numbers fell from 111,689 to 99,461 - a loss of 12,228 commanders.

The Imp/reb faction ratios are now 59.8 to 40.2.

Given the post Episode 8 highs, this is very disappointing and concerning. The game has clearly failed to retain new commanders, and is continuing to lose senior commanders.

For my part, I think the lack of dev response to commander concerns has had an effect. Dissatisfied players will leave a game, and go on to another one. The devs failure to seize the moment with Episode 8 tie-ins was also disappointing. I don't think that the fact that the movie was from a different era was necessarily a barrier. Elite At-Ats, or juggernauts were hardly key features of the original trilogy.

Above all, I think the Amroury era has been a mistake. The boosts are too strong, resulting in everyone attacking with swarms of jets, and all other units being obsolete. The game used to have more variety and (reasonable) challenge - a base effective against Kessen was vulnerable to other attack strategies. That just isn't the case any more. The EP events were fun, but the principal units were poorly thought out, and worse, the succession of events saw them reduce the level of EP rewards for other units repeatedly. It gave the strong impression they were seeing how little they could get away with giving us.

Despite that, I do think this game is still fun to play, and it has great promise. It just needs a little care and attention, much as other developers give to their games.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

DeathStriker

Post#109 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:28 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:In the last month both factions have had a significant number of retirements.

Given the post Episode 8 highs, this is very disappointing and concerning. The game has clearly failed to retain new commanders, and is continuing to lose senior commanders.

Any thoughts?

I believe that the constant introduction of New Units most of which have turn out to be "Dust Collectors" over the previous 13 Months has made the decision to move on from SWC to another form of entertainment by Senior / Veteran SWC Players easier. A small group of Players, like myself, whom have played SWC from the beginning, hang on in some kind of hope that something "New and Exciting" will come along.

As for New Players, getting to HQ 5 is fairly easy, but once they get to HQ 6+, and seeing the overwhelming "grind" it will take to get to the same place as Senior / Veteran SWC Players are today coupled also with all the "Dust Collector" Units, a good portion of them simply leave without getting to HQ 8+

The New SWC Event System is a step in right direction, but the "Event Units" have left much to be desired. The recent improvement of War Victory Crates is also a good step, but then you need to be in a Squad that is able to Win Wars.

My thoughts on this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#110 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:48 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:In the last month both factions have had a significant number of retirements.

The Imperial numbers fell from 171,089 to 148,047 - a loss of 23,042 commanders
The Rebellion numbers fell from 111,689 to 99,461 - a loss of 12,228 commanders.

The Imp/reb faction ratios are now 59.8 to 40.2.

For my part, I think the lack of dev response to commander concerns has had an effect. Dissatisfied players will leave a game, and go on to another one. The devs failure to seize the moment with Episode 8 tie-ins was also disappointing. I don't think that the fact that the movie was from a different era was necessarily a barrier. Elite At-Ats, or juggernauts were hardly key features of the original trilogy.

Above all, I think the Amroury era has been a mistake. The boosts are too strong, resulting in everyone attacking with swarms of jets, and all other units being obsolete. The game used to have more variety and (reasonable) challenge - a base effective against Kessen was vulnerable to other attack strategies. That just isn't the case any more. The EP events were fun, but the principal units were poorly thought out, and worse, the succession of events saw them reduce the level of EP rewards for other units repeatedly. It gave the strong impression they were seeing how little they could get away with giving us.

Despite that, I do think this game is still fun to play, and it has great promise. It just needs a little care and attention, much as other developers give to their games.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Good points. Some thoughts..
Do something to address jump horde ie boost a vehicle,
Make a turret for jumps, etc
Buff deals
Introduce Fett, Yoda, Obi Wan...could you imagine Obi with a 200% multiplier vs jumps?
Get official forums back.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Return to “General Discussions”