Base Score or Base Strength Calculator?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ChiptheFish
Major General

Base Score or Base Strength Calculator?

Post#1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:17 am

Hey guys. I've been researching for few hours on the Internet (even took a detour to figure out what happened to the Playdom forums) to figure our how to properly decide if I want to build a new building or upgrade a current one. Finally I found a list of building score values on the Son's of Death website that tracks Squad War matches. Cool site, if it can be believed; my score information on their database is accurate, so I imagine a lot of it is. They have a "Base Strength" calculator for each member of a squad and then in the FAQ they show how they calculate this score, which I imagine is similar to the previous Base Strength? Here's the website: http://squadsofdeath.com/base-score-table

Any comments of the validity of this data from the forum?

UPDATE - Current as of 10/17/2016

Thanks for the edits! I've update my table:

Link the Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

(Click here to view LARGER image

MODERATOR ACTION: Thread Edited with Permission from OP.

Used post by OP found here
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread Post Edited With Permission From OP
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Kender
Captain

Re: Base Score or Base Strength Calculator?

Post#2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:45 am

It's actually not calculated on the ranking site but taken from the info that the game uses.
The base score is still in the data, it just isn't shown in the user interface anymore.
SONS_OF_DEATH http://squadsofdeath.com
Global Squad War Ranking http://squadsofdeath.com/squadranking

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:59 am

If your question is building versus upgrading, ignore the base score table completely. Always build the new item. You can place it anywhere you want and it will be another X number of steps that your opponents units will have to walk to destroy said building.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:34 am

Kender wrote:It's actually not calculated on the ranking site but taken from the info that the game uses.
The base score is still in the data, it just isn't shown in the user interface anymore.

Very cool. I thought that might be true - that the data was pulled from some sort of source code or database - since many of the building names are not the same as the labels in the game; this is a common artifact of programming when display names are different from development/db names. Thank you very much! I learned a lot from combing through the table, like that the Droideka goes up to 50 (WHAT?!) and that upgrading it doesn't affect your base score that much. Also building a new Turret has a much bigger impact on the score than upgrading one.

DaLoc wrote:If your question is building versus upgrading, ignore the base score table completely. Always build the new item. You can place it anywhere you want and it will be another X number of steps that your opponents units will have to walk to destroy said building.

Thanks DaLoc. That's been my strategy until now, but I'm getting super serious butt whoopings all day long by Level 8 and Level 9 units (while offline for 2 minutes while typing this I just got destroyed by a Level 9 player from "I.B.S."; once or twice I've had a level 10 player visit (and crush) my Level 6 base (I just upgraded to Level 7 HQ). So I've been driven to find out how they're getting matched to me so frequently and quickly. I'm assuming that these high level players are a "minimalist" player that doesn't build/upgrade their bases very much so that they can get easy matches against little players like me. After analyzing the data from the Sons of Death page I'm thinking I'll upgrade turrets last, then build the new ones after everything else is upgraded. I'm also inclined to think of rushing the upgrade of my HQ to 10 without taking the time to upgrade (most of) the rest of my base until I get there.

To expand my real quest: I've heard many players say to delay upgrading unused troop types as well (like Banthas, Wookies, etc.) to keep this "mystic" score used in matchmaking low. That also introduces the question of the value of strategically keeping my medal count low (essentially loosing on purpose). And then there's my Battle Rank... how do all of these things match up to bring Level 9 players to my base within 2 minutes of logging out?

So to expand my real question, what impact do the following factors have on my matchmaking?

1. Base Score (aka Base Strength)
2. Battle Rank
3. Unit levels (troops/mechs)
4. Medal Count

If running through a few dozen intentional loses to lower my medal count or delaying building a new building would make my defense more competitive I'd like to do that.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts from Poster.

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:21 am

what planet are you on?

I dont think your troop level matters, it would be base on your HQ.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

DCReborn
Commodore

Post#6 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:31 am

My understanding is that medal count and base strength affect matchmaking. Unit strength does not have an impact. It used to but the Devs removed its impact so players would not be penalized for trying out and leveling different units. Battle rank also has no impact.

There are many players who intentionally don't build turrets or traps to keep their base score low so they get matched with lower bases on offense. It's very noticeable the impact when you build a new turret or a new trap.

Poene
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:10 am

ChipTheFish, are you on Tatooine by any chance? I am a lvl 9 imp and yesterday, when I had to grind 1 hour to obtain 500k credits, I was very often matched with lvl 6-7 bases. I think 70% of all the bases I was presented were crappy bases of that level range. These bases contain very few loot (like 15-30k alloy/credits) so they are not worth my time and I skip them. But, if I wanted to, I could have have attacked and obliterated them. That's what might have happened to you. Especially during a conflict.

I think the rebel lvl 9 bases were all under protection. That's why the game has to search further down the food chain to give me at least somebody to attack...

(Oh, I also don't care about medal count, only loot. That's why I have only 1 medal. Dunno if that's bad or good for on offense.)

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Any idea how much the Armory contributes to the scores now?

I know it's enough of a distraction for the AI that I've had a few attacks come out at 97% one-stars instead of 100% 3-stars.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:03 pm

As a rebel I found things at level 7 really rough, so I rushed to 8 and things got much better. I would still get attacked by 9s and 10s, but it was much easier and more fun to play the game after I got twileks and luke. Now at level 9 I'm having some growing pains again. I wouldn't recommend rushing to 10, but rushing to 8 could be beneficial for you.

If your goal is to actually win defenses, then upgrade slowly and only after all your buildings are maxed for your level. That is what really slows down attackers.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#10 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:27 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Any idea how much the Armory contributes to the scores now?

I know it's enough of a distraction for the AI that I've had a few attacks come out at 97% one-stars instead of 100% 3-stars.

I'm not sure. There's a few "command" buildings in the code that I'm not sure what they represent: Hero command? Starfleet? Armory? But based on other building ratings, I'd say it does not affect your base score significantly. If I was guessing, I'd say it similar to the Research Lab:

L1=2 | L2=3 | L3=4 | etc.

Shelendil wrote:As a rebel I found things at level 7 really rough, so I rushed to 8 and things got much better. I would still get attacked by 9s and 10s, but it was much easier and more fun to play the game after I got twileks and luke. Now at level 9 I'm having some growing pains again. I wouldn't recommend rushing to 10, but rushing to 8 could be beneficial for you.

If your goal is to actually win defenses, then upgrade slowly and only after all your buildings are maxed for your level. That is what really slows down attackers.

I've been thinking to do exactly what you're saying - I have the alloy now to upgrade and I think I'm going to take the jump to HQ8 to unlock Luke and upgrade my units.

Poene wrote:ChipTheFish, are you on Tatooine by any chance? I am a lvl 9 imp and yesterday, when I had to grind 1 hour to obtain 500k credits, I was very often matched with lvl 6-7 bases. I think 70% of all the bases I was presented were crappy bases of that level range. These bases contain very few loot (like 15-30k alloy/credits) so they are not worth my time and I skip them. But, if I wanted to, I could have have attacked and obliterated them. That's what might have happened to you. Especially during a conflict.

I think the rebel lvl 9 bases were all under protection. That's why the game has to search further down the food chain to give me at least somebody to attack...

(Oh, I also don't care about medal count, only loot. That's why I have only 1 medal. Dunno if that's bad or good for on offense.)

Yes, I'm on Tatooine at the moment and I get the worst beatings on Tatooine (and Dandoran) - especially during a conflict tournament for Vanguards (and A-Wings). It's possible that the matchmaking system is just stretching into the lower ranked guys due to a lack of options for the L9 and L10 guys, but I also have a strong suspicion that there's a unpublished strategy at play where Empire squads are hacking the system by purposely under-developing their bases. If there's a hack like that, then I want to use the same strategy to stay off their radar...but I think it might be too late for me since L10's are already knocking on my door. :D
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts from Poster.

Return to “General Discussions”