What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Tips and Strategies for Attacking Rivals.
AirWookiee

What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Post#1 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 pm

For me, Chewbacca with 8-9 Wookiee will take out most turrets with ease. Only problem is the Wookiees all get bunched up by the end and since they are slow, the run out of time trying to clear the rest of the buildings. This is why I have couple Soldiers and Pathfinders on hand to clear buildings after the turrets are gone. Pathfinder destroy resource buildings so fast, Darth Maul is left eating their dust.

MFSuspect
Officer

Re: What REBEL unit composition do you prefer?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:19 am

1 juggernaut plus R2 hero (take out shields and more)

5 X-Wings (destroy mortars, but use as few as necessary as they are expensive and require a lot of time to build)

10 wookies (turret striker)

2 Medics (keeps wookies strong)

5 Pathfinders (to collect resources)

I'm Level 6

Join VengeanceUnited !

Lando
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 am

I'm at L5, and I've found a lot of success in a zerg rush of troopers. Here's the loadout I use to get 100% on almost all of my attacks:

- 46 troopers
- 2 med droids
- 4 X-wing
- Leia

All maxed out at L5. I don't attack mortar farms, because they tear me to shreds, but there are plenty of Imperial bases that are easy kills. If there are any mortars, I drop Leia and a med droid in first to take out the hardest point of the shields, then take out the mortars with my X-Wing. Then I follow her with 23 troops, and drop the other 23 and a med droid on the other side of the base. If there's a droid hut or something out in the corner I'll drop one soldier there to take it out. Since turrets only target one soldier at a time, this gives the rest of them plenty of time to take it out. Most of the time I finish a match with 30 seconds to spare and at least half my troops still alive.

I like this combo so much I haven't leveled up to 6 because I don't want to mess with a good thing - it's got me in the top 10% on the tourney, and I expect to finish higher than that once it's done - 100% on every battle gets you up to the top quick.

Gaz
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Still experimenting, but here's what I've been rolling with (all units level 6)

1 Juggernaut
2 AAT-1 Hover Tanks
1 R2-D2 Hero (grouped with the Juggernaut and Tanks)
5 Speeder Bikes
4 Pathfinders
9 Soldiers
2 Wookies

I'm currently upgrading the Heavy Soldier and want to try them out in place of the wookies and maybe some soldiers/speeder bike slots.

Post#5 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Most of the time:
    1 x Juggernaut
    1 x AAT-1 Hover Tank
    2 x Medic Driod
    2 x Rebel Pathfinder
    8 x Wookie Warrior
    3 x Rebel Soldier
    Chewbacca
    5 x X-Wings

I deploy Chewbacca, Wookies and Medics at the point of attack where bringing down 1 shield generator exposes as many turrets as possible. Tank and Juggernaut closely behind them to get the shield down. Once a shield goes down, I take out mortars and any rocket turrets that are hitting the juggernaut. Repeat after the second shield goes down. Save an X-Wing if I can. Once I've cleared some room, I deploy Pathfinders. Rebel Soldiers are held in reserve in case they have troops in their squad building. 100% isn't always possible depending upon how spread out the base is, but I'm usually going for two stars and all resources.

euck

Post#6 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 am

I use 30 troopers, 4 medic droids, 4 hover tanks, Han, and keep 4 X-Wings available. I use the X-Wings to take out mortars if needed, but the medic droids usually do a pretty good job of keeping everyone alive.

Swiz
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:07 am

Hero Chewie
5x wookies
2x medi droids
3x heavy gunners
36x troops
4x scouts
5x xwings
Cost- 56k

I get 100%.... 95% of the time. Mortar farms stand no chance. Vehicles in troop transport are wasted space.

Napalm
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Han Solo
6 Heavy Soldiers
6 Medic Droids
4 Hailfire Droids
10 Troopers

Level 7 units all around.
MTFBWY,
Napalm

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:29 am

Level 7 HQ (many troops are still Level 6 yet)
Pretty similar to Napalm:
Han Solo
6 Heavy + 6 Medics
3 Hailfire Droids
Troopers

This troop builds relatively fast and due to Han Solos Speed often gets 100%.

For SC contents or droideka occasionally X-Wing and/or HWK-290. (if "ambushed" or the heavies can't handle it)

I try to use Starships only in "emergencies". I am wondering about the imperial attackers which nearly always use 5 or 6 TIEs (or Bombers) to attack my base. That would be 1h waiting time between the attacks. How boring! In that time I can usually do 3-5 attacks.

Sometimes switching to Chewie when the Turrets are tight or for Mortar Farms. But with Chewie I have to entirely rely on the heavies to bring down the shields.

When going after contraband, I sometimes change in a Juggernaut or AT-AP(s) to bring down shields. These combinations usually don't get 100% but when the shields are down I can go "Imp-Style" with an X-Wing after the contraband if my troops fail.
RebelYell, leader of Alderaan-Memory.

HARDKORE79
Cadet Trooper

Post#10 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 am

ALL LEVEL 8

6 x-wing
1 AT-TE
1Juggernaut
3 medics
9 heavy
1 rebels

1 Chewbecca

accept advice attack strategy! :D

Return to “Attacking Rivals”