CIS Battle Droid infantry re-skin equipment!

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
ChernobylCryptid

CIS Battle Droid infantry re-skin equipment!

Post#1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:34 am

I’ve loved the ability to use CIS and Republic era vehicles in the game, and I have thought about this idea for a while.

The premise is essentially this: create new equipment disks, that allow you to re-skin infantry units, ex: Rebel Soldier to Rebel Commando, Storm Trooper to Shore Trooper, and possibly even spaceship units.

Here are a few ideas on units that would turn into which droid. Every droid would have either a Empire or Rebel symbol on their chest, depending on the side they are being produced for.

Storm Trooper/Rebel Soldier: Regular B1 Battle droid in regular colors, fire from regular guns. (could also say roger roger when being trained and “uh oh” when being killed)

Wookie/Dark Trooper: B2 Super Battle Droid in regular colors, shoots from wrist, similar to Dark Trooper

Rebel Pathfinder/Scout Trooper: Commando droids in regular colors. (seen from The Clone Wars TV show)

Jetpack Rebel/Trooper: Space colored B1 Battle droids with jetpack.

X-Wing/Tie Fighter: Vulture Droid reskin

Y-Wing/Tie Bomber: Hyena Bomber reskin

As they are re-skins, and they do not provide stat bonuses, they should be made immediately available to anyone that wishes to use them, such as in a loot crate everyone gets with this update.

This can also work with Star Wars lore, as even in Disney Canon, CIS equipment and droids are still in use by Rebels or Empire. Ex: AAT-1 hover tank, Umbaran tank, and especially the Droideka oppressor and sentinel variants being prime examples.

Please let me know what you think!

Tamarack
Commodore

Re: CIS Battle Droid infantry re-skin equipment!

Post#2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:39 pm

ChernobylCryptid wrote:I’ve loved the ability to use CIS and Republic era vehicles in the game, and I have thought about this idea for a while.

The premise is essentially this: create new equipment disks, that allow you to re-skin infantry units, ex: Rebel Soldier to Rebel Commando, Storm Trooper to Shore Trooper, and possibly even spaceship units.

Here are a few ideas on units that would turn into which droid. Every droid would have either a Empire or Rebel symbol on their chest, depending on the side they are being produced for.

Storm Trooper/Rebel Soldier: Regular B1 Battle droid in regular colors, fire from regular guns. (could also say roger roger when being trained and “uh oh” when being killed)

Wookie/Dark Trooper: B2 Super Battle Droid in regular colors, shoots from wrist, similar to Dark Trooper

Rebel Pathfinder/Scout Trooper: Commando droids in regular colors. (seen from The Clone Wars TV show)

Jetpack Rebel/Trooper: Space colored B1 Battle droids with jetpack.

X-Wing/Tie Fighter: Vulture Droid reskin

Y-Wing/Tie Bomber: Hyena Bomber reskin

As they are re-skins, and they do not provide stat bonuses, they should be made immediately available to anyone that wishes to use them, such as in a loot crate everyone gets with this update.

This can also work with Star Wars lore, as even in Disney Canon, CIS equipment and droids are still in use by Rebels or Empire. Ex: AAT-1 hover tank, Umbaran tank, and especially the Droideka oppressor and sentinel variants being prime examples.

Please let me know what you think!

I think they would make them frags to chase or spend money to get them. ;)

Nothing for free!
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

AlaricSkywalker
Commander

Re: CIS Battle Droid infantry re-skin equipment!

Post#3 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:34 pm

If the skins had a smaller stat boost than the gear for the said unit but could be used anywhere (e.g., B1 droid not being as strong as desert, forest, or arctic gear but can be used on any world), and the color of the unit reflected their faction (rebel - red and bage; empire - blue and black), I think that would work out nicely. Of course, there's always the idea of having them be from a droid factory, and have them cost alloy in the same way credits are used to train troops.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”