ISSUE: Game Crashes Upon Start

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
DeathStriker

Post#1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 am

This may be only related to iOS Devices.

This morning I updated my iPhone to iOS Version 10.3.3. and when I tried to open SWC Game it Immediately Crashes or starts to Load and then Crashes!

My game was working fine yesterday, but today, after I updated iPhone to latest iOS the game crashes.

I have opened a Support Ticket: 05089388.

**IMPORTANT NOTE: I have 2 other accounts on 2 different iPads running iOS Version 10.3.3. and they are not having any issues so this may be only related to iOS on iPhones.

iOS Users be warned - don't update to iOS Version 10.3.3. if using a iPhone as your game device.

⇨ Related Thread Posts:

Others have reported same "experiences" recently starting with the post found here.

UPDATE: It seems that anyone joining my Squad experiences this same "issue" - fortunally there were some Squad Officers able to Remove them so they were not locked out of their game.

I will keep everyone informed...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Update.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

DeathStriker

Re: ISSUE: Game Crashes Upon Start

Post#2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 am

For Those With Same Issue...

How to Contact Disney Mobile Support

You can contact Disney Mobile Support here.

Click on the BLUE [Contact Us] Button in the lower right corner and answer the prompts thereafter.

⇨ Be sure to include with your initial "report" the following:

1. Your Player ID (found in Settings > About - or - previously saved).
  2. Your In-Game Name.
  3. Your Squad Name.
  4. Your Game Device and its Current OS Version.
  5. Your SWC Game Version and Build (found in Settings > About).
  6. A description of the "issues" you have noted.
  7. Any Screenshots you may have taken.
Helping Others Is What I Do...

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:08 am

Disney Mobile Support Response

I got back a response to my Support Ticket:

Hey Commander

Thanks for your e-mail. Please note, our developers are working on a fix for this issue, which they will be pushing to each device as soon as possible. In the meantime, please provide the following info regarding your device, in case this is needed for further investigation:

- A screenshot of your Player ID, if you can access this (found in-game, in the 'About' section of the 'Settings' menu).
- iPhone Model.
- App version. 4.11.9
- Available space on your device.
- Has your device been modified/rooted from its original manufacturer's specs?
- Have you recently updated or changed your device’s OS? yes, 10.3.3
- The exact error messages that you see, if any.

I look forward to hearing back from you with this.

Charis
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

I replied and provided the requested information.

MORE INFO: Another Player in my Squad also has the same issue and got back this from his Support Ticket:

Thanks so much for letting me know. I have taken a look at the device you are using, and it looks like your device does not have enough RAM to run Star Wars: Commander smoothly.

Currently, Star Wars: Commander must run on version 4.11, with at least 2 GB of RAM and 2 GBs of storage space, or it will be unable to handle the changes that occur as you get higher in the game, and changes that were made in recent upgrades.

As your device has around 512 MBs of Ram (or about one quarter of what is required,) you will find that you may have been able to run Star Wars: Commander smoothly previously in the game, but with these upgrades, as well as the increasingly complex graphics and game mechanics, you will notice as you start to get into the higher levels and change planets, this shortage of RAM space will cause your game to consistently glitch and be otherwise unreliable.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Lux
Squadron Leader

Post#4 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm

I like how they don't consider that you can't screenshot your player ID if you can't log on.
Lesson for everyone: screenshot your ID now, chances are that you will need it in this broken game.

MorAmath

Post#5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Myself and many of my team have been unable to access the game since last Thursday/ Friday. We have found that it's mostly iPhones that are affected.

AlphaPrime
Officer

Post#6 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Yep add me to the list of unable to login.

Hopefully fixed soon.

xcom5
Cadet Trooper

Post#7 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Not only on iOS. I'm running 2 accounts on Facebook Gameroom (Windows) and 1 of them have problems to login (Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later.).
Reported to support.

JusDou
Storm Trooper

Post#8 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:17 pm

same issue as xcom5, down to the exact detail

"Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later."

AlphaPrime
Officer

Post#9 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Live chat now down. Earlier I was told there isn't anything they can do but they are looking into it.

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:38 pm

MorAmath wrote:Myself and many of my team have been unable to access the game since last Thursday/ Friday. We have found that it's mostly iPhones that are affected.

Meanwhile in Android world... moving up in the Conflicts with little competition... 8-)
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”