Strategy Tips

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
TheCleaner
Commodore

Strategy Tips

Post#1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:05 am

Strategy.
How are players and squads ranked?
Medals
everything else is a distraction, if you enjoy those distractions, more power to ya. I like medals and the strategy tips are based on the most efficient production of medals.

The most important thing for rapid medal accumulation is turning 3 star wins efficiently
so

If you don’t use it, don’t build it/upgrade it. Can’t stress this enough. Pairings are based on the sum of your base improvements. If you want to attack downhill be very selective about what you build and upgrade to maximize attack strength. A full squad center is the strongest defense and your squad center can be much higher level than those attacking you if you use this strategy. If you build and upgrade everything it is hard to keep your attack efficiency up. I deleted 4 accounts as I progressively learned this lesson. You can’t unbuild, so use a critical eye.

Attack early and often. If just starting a game start attacking first chance you get.

Tatooine has the most people on it, so it is easiest to find wins on that planet, and if you are attacking downhill you will have a planetary command before all the bases you attack. If you go to other planets all the bases will be bigger, stay on Tat until the bases that you are clearing regularly have planetary commands in them.

Build an army that you can train quickly to turn quick 3 star wins. That's how you can get your name on the conflict leaderboards. You want to find a good mix of tanks/meatsheilds up front with high DPS behind and have some anti infantry for SC’s and Decas.

Develop an effective troop recipe and queue up units for your next raid before you go out. The first unit in the queue will keep training even though it says stopped so have the first unit in the queue at every training facility be the longest to train when mixing troop types in a facility.
To push reload time to the max set up each facility with the max number of one troop type and head out before you fill up, it will build more than the first troop that way. Then when you get back cycle through the facilities and up the counts back to the max, watch the count on the transport, and head back out. You can pump out 3 stars wins every 90 seconds at certain stages of development.

Be selective with bases you choose to attack. Better to 3 star a lower rank opponent than 2 star a higher rank opponent, and avoid defensive set ups that are more difficult for your troop mix, you’ll get more medals that way. Once you find your mark…

Always check the corners before dropping in. Nothing more frustrating than thinking you are about to 100% a base only to realize you missed a building in a corner. Then…

Commit to your attack plan and drop in fast while avoiding suicidal scenarios so the troops have time to clear a 3 star victory. Deploy them so that they spend as little time walking to their targets as possible while keeping squishy units away from kryptonite turrets.

Don’t rely on air strikes or the Squad Center for your standard attack. They are both very slow reload time. They should be used to take out SC units, key resource buildings if you are going for resources and the time is running out, or to get a 1st, second or third star that you would miss without using them.

Be careful with units that target infantry, like snipers/sharpshooters and speeder bikes so they don’t run right past a bunch of turrets on a suicide mission to get to a deka or SC defenders.

Happy hunting!

The Cleaner : )
iOS Empire:The Cleaner III HQ7, Rank 8, 15K, memberEmpire'sMyrmidon
Line Id minhdad

RebelYell
Admiral

Re: Strategy Tips

Post#2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Here's the order of Importance how the level a single building influences your base rating (which presumably defines your matchmaking):

Squad-Center
HQ
Turret (but because you have a number of turrets, general turret level is usually most important)
Trap (even lv 1 traps have a high influence therefore depends less on trap level but more on trap existence)
Shield-Gen (not as much as expected)
Other (including Droideka Platforms)

Droid Hut, Walls & Troop research levels have no effect.
RebelYell, leader of Alderaan-Memory.

Sigma582
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:26 pm

I did a test not long ago. I created a fresh account and rushed it to lvl 7 with ZERO investment in defences. I had lvl7 HQ, SC, lab, factories and 1 barrack lvl, other barracksar lvl4-5. Defence was 2 lvl1 turrets, nothing more. Attacking on Tat I was getting lvl3-4 targets with 2-5k resources. On Dando targets were lvl5-6 with 10-50k resources. But when it came to defences, I was constantly rolled by lvl7-9 attackers. Very rarely I saw a lvl4-5 attacker failing to my loadded SC.

The biggest caveat of such a strategy are:
- no fun attacking enemies due to zero challenge
- low resource income from attacks - hard to upgrade past lvl6
- almost guaranteed 100% loss whenever you log off
Proud officer of IMPERIALS® squad on Windows server. LB #22, lvl 45.
A few spots open for active English-speaking players.

Sigma582
Major General

Post#4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:29 pm

RebelYell wrote:Here's the order of Importance how the level a single building influences your base rating (which presumably defines your matchmaking):

Squad-Center
HQ
Turret (but because you have a number of turrets, general turret level is usually most important)
Trap (even lv 1 traps have a high influence therefore depends less on trap level but more on trap existence)

A squaddie of mine is capped now. He has to upgrade turrets to raise his Base Rating and lift his cap bit by bit. He says deka upgrades add nothing to medal cap which means they don't contribute towards BR.
Proud officer of IMPERIALS® squad on Windows server. LB #22, lvl 45.
A few spots open for active English-speaking players.

BertO
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Sigma582 wrote:
RebelYell wrote:Here's the order of Importance how the level a single building influences your base rating (which presumably defines your matchmaking):

Squad-Center
HQ

A squaddie of mine is capped now. He has to upgrade turrets to raise his Base Rating and lift his cap bit by bit. He says deka upgrades add nothing to medal cap which means they don't contribute towards BR.

I think it might be every five levels or so, though didn't see much movement on the iOS leaderboard after level 50 hit so maybe it is just for adding a deka pad.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Return to “Premiere Topics”