What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
eclampsium
Major General

Re: What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Post#11 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:04 am

Yep Syncpan77 personalyzing the SC troops to your liking is the right thing and next step. I find snipers in spread bases the most annoying becouse they need air help most of times (resposible by many failed attacks). Stuck mhc are not much deadly and AtAt usually can be stoped by Luke saber while jets take him out... But, always a risky manouver... What i hate most is that snipers are slow to be killed and it may prevent you from hitting 3stars...

@Darthmundi, i think too that Kessen shot is a bit too much, but, atm, few have him at lv7+ and it is not a 100% shure shot. I see it as a bonus if it happens... We could start a sterile conversations of things like Tatooine outposts at max level coming 4 ATAT to deal with and imp get 4Jugs only... And so on... Rapid fire turrets take med droids but dont reach repair droids, eatat takes 5min to cook and luke 10min... Imp bikes are supercharged compared to Rebels, hailfire droids can break from splash damage and hmc not... But it is still playable in both factions... If we stsrt whining about this stuff on non specific topic threads we're going nowhere. Seems that developers are afected by the brains sometimes...

Denroe
Captain

Post#12 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:39 pm

I have started to use mtvs...long range, good health (immune to all air strikes except high lvl x-wing) low UC, and decent damage
Lvl 10 - - Proud member of Imperial Enclave - the best damn group of squad mates a rebel destroying dark sider can have.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#13 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Denroe wrote:I have started to use mtvs...long range, good health (immune to all air strikes except high lvl x-wing) low UC, and decent damage

yep, we use atrt too as rebels, but they need to be above lv5 to be better becouse they're damage is nerfed against troops, it's a generalist sniper... as s rebell i like to put him behid a strong unit like a jug

Lambruh
Captain

Post#14 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:32 am

Yep a blend of Bike and Snipes stocked up is always good.

AT-DP too, but is so slowwwwww

I've been using Snipers + 1 max Lugabeast lately which has worked well

Anything else imho is just meh
Empire
EPIC-SQUAD
Ranked #250

eclampsium
Major General

Post#15 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Attacked a base today wich there was a crab sniper and 2bikes mixed (something like that)... Gave me a Headache... Definetly a bike nest can decimate an entire rebell lodadout in seconds if not counteracted, but only bikes is otherwise fast to get them exploded with twileks. Lucky emp players that not all rebells go to battle with a pair ready. Mixes alwways increase difficulty to take them all.

dogegriff
Major General

Post#16 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Bike ranking (L10)

Damage * health = a
a * speed = b
b * range = c
c/unit cap = d

3428 (higher is better)

So a max bike result would be a optimal f of 3428. (Reduce damage and health to thousands (1,980 = 1.98)

Vanilla AT-AT (L10): 950

The math should perhaps be weighted higher for speed and less for range but these things are often just sitting there cranking on troops. Movement and range from one opponent to another is too variable. Range variability as it relates to base-layout.

My favorite troop; fire girls. Boobies and flame throwers: 1777

Snipers: 554

Jumps: 1129

Obv I would compare apples to apples; artillery to artillery and troops to troops. Also there are some distinct advantages in AI related to either base-wins vs. loot. There is an edge to Jumps related to invis. to mortars, so maybe normalize by dividing solution by the delimited inverse of the edge (edge of 20% = divide output by 0.8). I doubt that mortars are 20% of the average base turret population.

So Jumps go to 1411.

Like I stated this ignores AI entirely and any technical factors (like anti-mortar offense).

Hero maths would be similar but simply divide by 33 (33%) unit capacity as you have a choice of three unit capacity Obv it's not necessary as it's a constant, but it makes the number more manageable:

Vader: 5,643
Kessen: 194
ATST: 3142
EATAT: 1178

These numbers are not very valuable as nothing kills shields in two hits like the EATAT. No allowance for Kessens MPC. ATST is dumb as rocks and spends all its time on walls...

Bikes are awesome. It's why they are the most popular SC unit.
Last edited by dogegriff on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imperial squad WAR247 that is (103/2) with four draws in squad wars. Ranked 590th server-wide on SOD. We are a level 44 squad.

dogegriff
Major General

Post#17 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:25 pm

IMO, bikes will be the next thing to be nerfed. Also IMO I think they should not be detuned but add unit capacity to say, 7 or 8.
Imperial squad WAR247 that is (103/2) with four draws in squad wars. Ranked 590th server-wide on SOD. We are a level 44 squad.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#18 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:26 pm

dogegriff wrote:Obv I would compare apples to apples; artillery to artillery and troops to troops. Also there are some distinct advantages in AI related to either base-wins vs. loot. There is an edge to Jumps related to invis. to mortars, so maybe normalize by dividing solution by the delimited inverse of the edge (edge of 20% = divide output by 0.8). I doubt that mortars are 20% of the average base turret population.

So Jumps go to 1411.

Like I stated this ignores AI entirely and any technical factors (like anti-mortar offense).

What in the blue hell do mortars have anything to do with SC on defense? When have you seen a Rebel pull out a mortar turret from his pocket, set it up and start firing proton bombs at your SC?

The more I read your comments kid, the less you make sense. Stop trying so hard bruh.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 450,000 - Squad War Record: 55W - 2D - 17L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

dogegriff
Major General

Post#19 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 pm

syncpan77 wrote:
dogegriff wrote:Obv I would compare apples to apples; artillery to artillery and troops to troops. Also there are some distinct advantages in AI related to either base-wins vs. loot. There is an edge to Jumps related to invis. to mortars, so maybe normalize by dividing solution by the delimited inverse of the edge (edge of 20% = divide output by 0.8). I doubt that mortars are 20% of the average base turret population.

So Jumps go to 1411.

What in the blue hell do mortars have anything to do with SC on defense? When have you seen a Rebel pull out a mortar turret from his pocket, set it up and start firing proton bombs at your SC?

The more I read your comments kid, the less you make sense. Stop trying so hard bruh.

I never said they did. I am ranking the troops *generally*. Jumps are invisible to mortars on offense. Bikes are popular in SC as they are fast and cheap. Two different points. SC troops should be fast as you cannot control their deployment.

You can talk sh*t if you took calculus as a 12yo. I think not.

RIF.

Lambruh
Captain

Post#20 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:43 pm

dogegriff wrote:Bike ranking (L10)

Damage * health = a
a * speed = b
b * range = c
c/unit cap = d

3428 (higher is better)

So a max bike result would be a optimal f of 3428. (Reduce damage and health to thousands (1,980 = 1.98)

Vanilla AT-AT (L10): 950

The math should perhaps be weighted higher for speed and less for range but these things are often just sitting there cranking on troops. Movement and range from one opponent to another is too variable. Range variability as it relates to base-layout.

My favorite troop; fire girls. Boobies and flame throwers: 1777

Snipers: 554

Jumps: 1129

Obv I would compare apples to apples; artillery to artillery and troops to troops. Also there are some distinct advantages in AI related to either base-wins vs. loot. There is an edge to Jumps related to invis. to mortars, so maybe normalize by dividing solution by the delimited inverse of the edge (edge of 20% = divide output by 0.8). I doubt that mortars are 20% of the average base turret population.

So Jumps go to 1411.

Hero maths would be similar but simply divide by 33 (33%) unit capacity as you have a choice of three unit capacity Obv it's not necessary as it's a constant, but it makes the number more manageable:

Vader: 5,643
Kessen: 194
ATST: 3142
EATAT: 1178

These numbers are not very valuable as nothing kills shields in two hits like the EATAT. No allowance for Kessens MPC. ATST is dumb as rocks and spends all its time on walls...

Where do you find these stats to units?

what formula are you using?
Empire
EPIC-SQUAD
Ranked #250

Return to “Premiere Topics”