Unfair Squad War Matchups

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
RogueTwo
Commodore

Re: Unfair Squad War Matchups

Post#41 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:04 am

Spiff wrote:I haven't read through all 4 pages of this thread so forgive me if someone already suggested this. If you run into a maxed out squad then reach out to them via LINE. Most top squads are not interested in crushing you, and they may be willing to work out a deal to level the playing field. For instance my squad is a No OP squad, and we matched a regular war squad with some low level bases. We talked on LINE and agreed to play restricted and let them hold Tat while leaving Tako and Kit neutral. Also they agreed that their P-level bases wouldn't use trains or wagons. We have a joint chat and we're sharing replays of clears.

Great suggestion. I installed the Line app to help with this.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level /Thing2 - Level 9
Line ID: swcroguetwo

Toydarian
Major General

Post#42 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:33 pm

Well, I try to resist adding to the war match-up shit we are dished up....but my fury has boiled over in our weekend war. Don’t slag me and my squad off please...we are fuckin trying...like hard!
So, us, no P guys...in our armchairs...3 lvl 10s, 2 9s...etc. Imps 5 Ps, 3 10s, so well overmatched! Sucks, but that is the name of the fuckin game now. The bad bit.... 2 cmd fail errors on 2 attacks on a lvl 10 and lvl P pImp.... 5 uplinks down the pan! Defines insult to fuckin injury, I think! Makes me wanna weep, about how bad this has got! I am struggling to answer my great guys who ask...what is the fuckin point?
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#43 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 pm

... well, to rub acid into the salty wound, after a few months of attempting wars and being pissed off at the bad matchups, we are in the middle of one now that's a pretty even opponent (looking solely at HQ levels), but which is a hard mismatch (for them) in terms of what's been upgraded.

GSOW predicts that we'll lose. But we're winning 45-5 right now and they've yet to clear any base. One of our tens cleared one of their 11s, so ... their 11s are struggling to get much of anything on us. And they're rubbish 11s. So ... fingers crossed for a victory crate noon-ish tomorrow. First one in quite some time, I'm quite a hunger for one.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Toydarian
Major General

Post#44 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:54 am

TKTB51 wrote:... well, to rub acid into the salty wound, after a few months of attempting wars and being pissed off at the bad matchups, we are in the middle of one now that's a pretty even opponent (looking solely at HQ levels), but which is a hard mismatch (for them) in terms of what's been upgraded.

GSOW predicts that we'll lose. But we're winning 45-5 right now and they've yet to clear any base. One of our tens cleared one of their 11s, so ... their 11s are struggling to get much of anything on us. And they're rubbish 11s. So ... fingers crossed for a victory crate noon-ish tomorrow. First one in quite some time, I'm quite a hunger for one.

No worries TKTB51....I’ll take the acid rub!!! :lol: Similar story from the Reb end of the telescope. Two of my tens cleared 2 of their Ps.....but one didn’t score because of a server error......grrrrrrr.

Hope you took the victory bro!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#45 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:13 am

45-24
10 frags for my TX-225, enough for next level!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#46 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:40 am

Since my Imperial Squad is doing well, and some members are showing interest in the game and improving their bases, I promoted some HQ 6 and HQ 7 to encourage them. The first thing they did was start a war.

Lucky my Prestige, the only one, and the top base, was out of squad on a secret mission, so my two mini HQ 8s were the highest in matchmaking, which lasted about 15 hours, and to surprise, we were combined with another noobs/sandbaggings squad with a HQ 8 and below - and not with a squad of mini 10 or 11 as in the past. We won easily with Takodana, and the rival didn't even try to capture the OP.

Once again with my Prestige out in the current war, with the same team, we were combined with a squad where the top is a HQ 9 sandbagging, plus two HQ 8 sandbaggings, and 1 HQ 7. This time we captured the OPs Tat/Dando/Kit and we did 45 in just 1h.

These newbies really impress me! Hope they stay interested - it's fun to see some saying they haven't even had a chance to attack this time!

The only problem is, I have to keep my Prestige out of the squad, and bring it back for donations only. At least until they understand the war matchmaking criteria, and begin to better select participants. For now, I'm just letting them have fun.

Conclusion:
If you are running a noob squad, and you are the only one HQ 10/11, stay out. Or don't put any all-alone 10 or 11 in the matchmaking. Use it only as feeder.
If there are a few HQ 9 or/and HQ 8, choose the ones with the lowest BS to not being matched with HQ 11 or 10. Better if your top HQ 9 or HQ 8 is a mini base.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#47 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 pm

we beat the one squad 45-24 and there was much rejoicing

then we rematched and drew ROMANIA and there is much rending of hair and gnashing of teeth. Very Old Testament. We feel like a lamb being led on a rope out to a stone block in the desert.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#48 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:32 am

RogueTwo wrote:
Spiff wrote:If you run into a maxed out squad then reach out to them via LINE. Most top squads are not interested in crushing you, and they may be willing to work out a deal to level the playing field. For instance my squad is a No OP squad, and we matched a regular war squad with some low level bases. We talked on LINE and agreed to play restricted and let them hold Tat while leaving Tako and Kit neutral. Also they agreed that their P-level bases wouldn't use trains or wagons. We have a joint chat and we're sharing replays of clears.

Great suggestion. I installed the Line app to help with this.

The matchmaking problem has been there for years. And squads I've been in have seen runs of fair match ups and unfair ones that run for months. I've often wondered if there's some kind of pool A and Pool B for matchmaking, with pool B being designated sacrificial lambs for a set period of time. Back when I led Kenobi's Command, there was a thread where I tracked our matches / mismatches. In that era, matchmaking had nothing to do with medals, no matter what customer support said. We once had a War with a top tier squad where they were all maxed, and almost all maxed on medals, and we were a rag tag bunch of mixed HQ levels where I had the most medals (less than 20k).

Rogue Two's suggestion is absolutely the way forward. Not all squads will go for it, but some will, and it's definitely worth a try.

The Star Wars Commander community on LINE are fantastic. There's lots of help for both factions there, too.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#49 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:07 pm

...after 95 fair matches we got our first unfair 3xlv.9 12xPrestige vs. 3xPrestige, 3xLv.10, 3xlv.9, 2xlv7, 3xlv6, 1xlv4...hopefuly no pool change ;-)

...funny fact is gsow.net told me we are expected winner...lets see
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

StretchRhys
Cadet Trooper

Post#50 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 am

Noob here. Joined the forum to find out why my squad just got a terrible match-up. Sounds like we're not the only ones.

They have 9x Prestige, 1x lvl 5, and 5x lvl 3

We only have 1x lvl 7, 6x lvl 6, 8x lvl 5

Looks real suss too because all their lvl 3 are named "-" and they all have the same base layout. Is it possible to game the matchmaking so they get put against us poor noobs?

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”