Unfair Squad War Matchups

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Re: Unfair Squad War Matchups

Post#31 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Matchmaking is pretty bad sometimes, actually quite often, but it's always good practice, and you never know. My squad just won a war with Hoth, Kit, Yavin where we had 3 Prestige and they had 11, most of out other bases were 9 and below! It was close and almost all attacks were used on both sides. What a nail biter, and so fun! If we had just looked at the number of Prestige bases on each side and given up, they would have won by default!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#32 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 pm

We've had fair matches
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Luminous beings are we

DeathStriker

Post#33 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:33 am

DeathStriker wrote:My Squad - Death_Striker - with a War Party of HQ 11 (3), HQ 10 (2), HQ 9 (2), HQ 8 (6) , HQ 7 (1), HQ 5 (1) - got matched with - HQ 11 (14), HQ 10 (1) in a Near No OP War (Yavin, Dando, Erkit).

AND SO... the War Mismatches continue...

FOLLOW-UP REPORT...

Honorable Opponent let my Squad have and keep all OPs from the beginning while they attacked using NO OPs.

:arrow: Final Score: 35 to 45 their Favor.

While we did not win, having all 3 OPs in the Near No OP War gave my Squad the best "chance" at getting to 45 for a Tie Score, but with 1/2 of the War Party HQ 8 or less it was very difficult to get 3 Uplinks due to both the increased number and strength of Prestige Buildings.

Most reported simply running out of time but in the end my Squad left 10 Prestige Enemy Bases with 1 Uplink left each...

AND NOW... on to Next War and the hope of a better match...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Badas
Lieutenant

Post#34 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm

My squad and I had some very fair matches last few wars. We didn't win them all but it was very close matches.
I Encourage all squads to keep trying, squad wars is fun. Don't give up. Keep match making it's the sport of gaming.....

diamond204
Storm Trooper

Post#35 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Have been playing this game since the very beginning.

First time posting because my squad has been seeing very unfair matchups from what seems to be the timing of the beginning of this thread. While people are saying that there are not enough warring squads I disagree. The bad matchups literally happened overnight.

We went from week after week of fair matches for almost all the time since the beginning to what has been happening for months now. For the record my squad was weak at wars for a long time but we grew stronger and started having some decent winning streaks and always great and often close wars.

I cannot imagine that overnight a chunk of imperial squads just simply vanished. I DO FIGURE the matching algorithm was updated and basically is broken for rebel squads like mine that war with only 3-4 Prestige bases.

Our matchups come very quickly but my squad would LOVE to wait one or two + days etc. to get a FAIR match.

Currently we are getting our 3-4 Prestige bases, 2ish Lv 10 bases, 3ish lv 9, and the rest lower bases matched up against 7+ prestige bases every match (1x per week). Once in a blue moon we get a match we have a chance at or go against a lazy squad.

But IMO the ratio of Prestige bases should never be off more than one or two bases different. And note while my base is Prestige, I am a 'baby Prestige' that was recently upgraded .

Devs can you please look into this? We usually war on Fridays-Sundays.

Squad : Californiarebelz

I hope something can be done because this is getting very old and I am lucky to be holding on to my squad members (for now). Thank you

DeathStriker

Post#36 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:09 am

diamond204 wrote:Have been playing this game since the very beginning.

First time posting because my squad has been seeing very unfair matchups from what seems to be the timing of the beginning of this thread. While people are saying that there are not enough warring squads I disagree. The bad matchups literally happened overnight.

diamond204 - This is Not an Official Website but is a Forum made by a Player for Players.

:arrow: If you want to get the Game Developers Attention you will need to report it directly to Zynga Support.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

RogueTwo
Commodore

Post#37 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:19 am

diamond204 wrote:....
Currently we are getting our 3-4 Prestige bases, 2ish Lv 10 bases, 3ish lv 9, and the rest lower bases matched up against 7+ prestige bases every match (1x per week). Once in a blue moon we get a match we have a chance at or go against a lazy squad.

I have a very similar mix and we have had similar results. Last week we had a matchup that appeared to be hugely in or favor which happens time to time.

I have contacted support and get nothing but lip service. We have started to ignore the really bad matchups because it is a wate of time/resources/crystals. I have relayed that same info to them as well.

It shouldn't be hard to be a base for base matchup then use a the HQ level with a medal range. That would punish the sandbagged to which I have no problem with.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level /Thing2 - Level 9
Line ID: swcroguetwo

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 am

We just finsihed a mis-match war against a much weaker squad.
Us: 13 P, 1 10, 1 9
Them: 1 L10, 1 L9, rest are mostly L8’s and some L7’s

Tako and Dando were in play. And no, we didn’t let them have all three outposts :)
Final score was 45:35. Their L8’s were able to clear some of our Prestige bases. Excellent attackers.

Congratz to You_Got_Hundied for putting up a fight against a squad way above your level. You’ve earned my respect. Well done.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#39 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:19 pm

diamond204 wrote:Have been playing this game since the very beginning.

We went from week after week of fair matches for almost all the time since the beginning to what has been happening for months now. For the record my squad was weak at wars for a long time but we grew stronger and started having some decent winning streaks and always great and often close wars.

I cannot imagine that overnight a chunk of imperial squads just simply vanished. I DO FIGURE the matching algorithm was updated and basically is broken for rebel squads like mine that war with only 3-4 Prestige bases.

Our matchups come very quickly but my squad would LOVE to wait one or two + days etc. to get a FAIR match.

But IMO the ratio of Prestige bases should never be off more than one or two bases different. And note while my base is Prestige, I am a 'baby Prestige' that was recently upgraded .

Squad : Californiarebelz

I hope something can be done because this is getting very old and I am lucky to be holding on to my squad members (for now). Thank you

Sorry, but I would disagree on this. I have been playing for years too, and war mismatches have been a problem for as long as I have played (3-4 years? Losing track). We generally win the uphill mismatches, so I'm not grumbling. Just noting that war mismatch complaints have been going on forever. Keep in mind, squads themselves change over time and that can be the tipping point. In other words, it could be squad specific and not the overall war population or algo. There's a tipping point in medal count, from what I have seen. Somewhere in the 220K to 250K range.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Spiff
Lieutenant

Post#40 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:40 am

I haven't read through all 4 pages of this thread so forgive me if someone already suggested this. If you run into a maxed out squad then reach out to them via LINE. Most top squads are not interested in crushing you, and they may be willing to work out a deal to level the playing field. For instance my squad is a No OP squad, and we matched a regular war squad with some low level bases. We talked on LINE and agreed to play restricted and let them hold Tat while leaving Tako and Kit neutral. Also they agreed that their P-level bases wouldn't use trains or wagons. We have a joint chat and we're sharing replays of clears.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”