Anyone Else Up Against All Level 10s?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Midge
Admiral

Re: Anyone else up against all level 10s?

Post#21 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:30 am

DarthMaulUK wrote:I fail to see how pitching low level bases up against much higher level bases is fair. So yes - it is a mismatch.

I haven't a clue how this game creates its matches - but from MY point of view, I can't attack a level 10 base and when your opponent only has level 10 bases - I call it a mismatch.

As for the Brasil match, read what I put in my side note. I said it was close but that isnt the game I am complaining about.

if this squad had higher level players who either left or were removed and match making is based off that history - its a stupid way of matching up because people come and go.

I fail to see how playing Run_and_Gun is a mismatch for anybody. If you don't understand that the LEVEL OF THE HQ is not all that matters, then you clearly are mismatched against most squads.

There are plenty of Level X HQs rolling with Level 7 turrets or Level 8 turrets or Level 6 buildings ... and by the base score matchups I posted there ... it is CLEAR that many of the squads you faced are in this boat.

There are thousands of Level VIII bases out there that crush THOUSANDS of Level X bases.

What you posted are not mismatches. You just posted opponents who had all Level X bases (which certainly does not make a mismatch). You didn't mention their base scores. You didn't mention the outposts. You didn't mention how good or crappy your teammates are. You didn't mention if you ever have 8 guys on at once taking posts and rolling right away. You didn't mention if they ever had 8 guys on at once taking posts and rolling right away. All you mentioned were a bunch of below average Level X bases.

You will continue to have matches like this. Some, WILL BE mismatches. I mean, even the Pats get to play the Browns every now and then. But the rest aren't.

It is getting tiresome seeing EVERYONE who loses a few wars complaining it is rigged. EVERYONE who loses a few defenses claiming it is OP troops from the other side.

Why don't people just ask for advice how to win? Oh, because they don't want advice. They want every little thing titled to them so they never lose ... otherwise it ISN'T FAIR!!!!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Midge
Admiral

Post#22 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 am

ComanderWolfe1 wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:
ComanderWolfe1 wrote:
Sorry but 1 or 2 lvl 10s cant take out 10 lvl 10S, Having 7-8 lvl 10s means over 21- 24 lvl 10 attacks against 15 bases, no problem right, all your low lvl have to do is take outposts, does not compare to original question.

If you have less than 5 lvl 10s there is no point going to war unless you go with 2 or 3 9s and above and the rest 8 and below.

I don't know where I said that only 2 lv10s could take out a whole squad :lol: , but if you read the last line in my comment you can see I asked him about the ratio of base levels they take to wars. Depending on outposts of course, but a lv9 can easily take links from a lv10.

My point is that I see lots of people complain about the matchmaking and HQ levels being uneven, but then at the end of their argument, it all boils down to them not having enough people on at the start, or at all available. Check out this example, if we matched a squad of all 9s vs. one of all 10s, and the 9s were able to get everyone on at the get-go, but the 10s showed up sporadically throughout the day, at intervals, being forced to hit solo or without outposts, do you really think that the 10s just for being 10s would actually win?

I was just making an example of our squad wars, half of us are on at start, even with outposts, 7s and 8s are not going to take out lvl 10 sonic farms, all those that are saying stop complaining and go to war have many lvl 10s, in battle yes you can tie with 5 or more lvl 10s, that is all you need to get 45 uplinks.

And for those that keep saying they are all sandbagger bases that is not always the case. We got matched with VadersMarines 15 full lvl 10s, against our 6s on up to 1 lvl 10, not a chance. DEATHCREW like 10 lvl 10s, the list goes on..

We have played VadersMarines. We have played Enclave. We have played RusFire. We have played Imp Snipers. We have played ByDesign.

In all of them we were SERIOUSLY outgunned. We managed one win, one tie. And those feel great. In all of them we were facing all 10s and had no more than 5 ourselves. We managed and we fought to very respectable scores.

It happens. I looked at StealthSquads wars and war record and I honestly don't see a problem with who they play as much as they probably run into more organized teams. I still can't believe one of their arguments is they lost to an 11-45 team. Really? Why are you warring if when you lose to that team you complain? What do you want to be paired against?

I would gladly look at yours and pick it apart if you want as well.

I mean, is it only ok for Dark~Brigade to face W.A.R United and PartyLikeChewy? Anybody else it ISN'T FAIR!!! Wahhhhh!

Just a bunch of whining. Not trying to get better. Not asking for advice. Just whining.

ComanderWolfe1
Commodore

Post#23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 am

Midge wrote, "In all of them we were facing all 10s and had no more than 5 ourselves"

This is exactly my point, you cannot war and win with 1 or 2 lvl10s. No advice anyone can give will help a lvl 6 beat a full lvl 10 sonic farm, not going to happen.

We have no sandbaggers going to war, only want a fair matchup, what don't you get midge, you are the one being rude to others that are getting bad matches, while at your worst match it is still fairly close.

The bottom line is more squads are quitting wars and dropping out of game. Both sides.

I do notice that when a player is wrong they always resort to grade school name calling at the end of their post, to funny...

Won't respond to any more childish posts.
Firefly fans

Level 10 Rebel 60+K Medals,, Commanderwolfe in game.
Long gone Squad The-Wolfe-Pack
Room for more, PM to join

Midge
Admiral

Post#24 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 am

ComanderWolfe1 wrote:Midge wrote, "In all of them we were facing all 10s and had no more than 5 ourselves"

This is exactly my point, you cannot war and win with 1 or 2 lvl10s. No advice anyone can give will help a lvl 6 beat a full lvl 10 sonic farm, not going to happen.

We have no sandbaggers going to war, only want a fair matchup, what don't you get midge, you are the one being rude to others that are getting bad matches, while at your worst match it is still fairly close.

The bottom line is more squads are quitting wars and dropping out of game. Both sides.

I do notice that when a player is wrong they always resort to grade school name calling at the end of their post, to funny...

I didn't call names. I said you and others were whining, which you are.

I simply pointed out that the first person who was talking about mismatches was not, in fact, getting such big mismatches. He posted those matches and I went through each of them and showed why they were not that big of a mismatch.

Do mismatches happen. YES. I have been in them both ways. It HAS to happen because otherwise there would be about 50 squads playing each other and then everyone else. Try learning from the loss and getting better.

I find it hard to believe that your rolling with Level 6 bases and are getting hit by 15 full Level 10 Sonic farms. Maybe it happens to you and nobody else. It certainly has not happened to many squads in the top 200 on SOD that have plenty of Level 7, 8 and 9 players (See, Skull Squadron).

The thing is there is no real way to fix it. You can keep discussing the base levels like it matters, but it doesn't. You can keep discussing the medals of opponents like it matters, because it doesn't. You can act like it does not happen in other large community games, but it does. It is going to happen.

If you would like to post the name or your squad I can look at all your mismatches and point out why you are mistaken.

Or you can continue to be part of the large contingent that only posts to whine. Which is hilarious, you can always quit.

DarthMaulUK
Lieutenant

Post#25 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Midge wrote:
ComanderWolfe1 wrote:Midge wrote, "In all of them we were facing all 10s and had no more than 5 ourselves"

I simply pointed out that the first person who was talking about mismatches was not, in fact, getting such big mismatches. He posted those matches and I went through each of them and showed why they were not that big of a mismatch.

Do mismatches happen. YES. I have been in them both ways. It HAS to happen because otherwise there would be about 50 squads playing each other and then everyone else. Try learning from the loss and getting better.

I find it hard to believe that your rolling with Level 6 bases and are getting hit by 15 full Level 10 Sonic farms. Maybe it happens to you and nobody else. It certainly has not happened to many squads in the top 200 on SOD that have plenty of Level 7, 8 and 9 players (See, Skull Squadron).

The thing is there is no real way to fix it. You can keep discussing the base levels like it matters, but it doesn't. You can keep discussing the medals of opponents like it matters, because it doesn't. You can act like it does not happen in other large community games, but it does. It is going to happen.

If you would like to post the name or your squad I can look at all your mismatches and point out why you are mistaken.

Or you can continue to be part of the large contingent that only posts to whine. Which is hilarious, you can always quit.

Yeah! You are right. I am WHINING. its my fault for wanting to be actually able to contribute in Squad Wars but facing yet another opponent with 100% level 10 bases.

As for your lame argument about Outposts - Yes I take them, but before I can blink they are maxed out, making it impossible to attack - ive tried. Throw in the fact that some of the planets I haven't unlocked yet - so yes, its my fault for wanting a fairer playing field.

I am guessing that you are at the higher level of the game, so clearly have zero experience of what is actually going on here.

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#26 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 pm

DarthMaulUK wrote:Yeah! You are right. I am WHINING. its my fault for wanting to be actually able to contribute in Squad Wars but facing yet another opponent with 100% level 10 bases.

As for your lame argument about Outposts - Yes I take them, but before I can blink they are maxed out, making it impossible to attack - ive tried. Throw in the fact that some of the planets I haven't unlocked yet - so yes, its my fault for wanting a fairer playing field.

I am guessing that you are at the higher level of the game, so clearly have zero experience of what is actually going on here.

Part of the problem you are running into is that the entire squad war system was designed to give top tier players (lvl10) a reason to keep playing once they maxed out their bases... customer service people have gone on record as saying this. The booster/outpost bases weren't designed for a lvl3 or 4 to be able to take. It was a mistake to open up the war system to low level bases because it's just too hard and people lose interest in wars AND the game.

My best suggestion is to continue throwing down as best you can. Put together a strong squad that will be packed with a good group of active players that (hopefully) have similar strength bases and hope for the best in matchmaking... You'll get Goliaths for sure, but why not be the David and surprise them. :)

I know it's awful to face off against a grossly overpowered foe. But that's your opportunity to try new things. Experiment with your loadouts... if you have jump troopers unlocked, they can be DEVASTATING when you also have Takodana as one of your boosts. Or use Rage Rancors on attacks with the Dando boost and something to clear away those stupid Sonic Turrets...

Keep trying to pick up tips on war strategy from the boards... there's a lot of interesting insight all over this site.

And feel free to reach out to other players in private messages to ask for tips. They may ignore you, but it never hurts to ask. Feel free to send me any questions you may have. :)

Stick with it. It gets better. :D

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

Midge
Admiral

Post#27 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:11 am

DarthMaulUK wrote:
Midge wrote:

Yeah! You are right. I am WHINING. its my fault for wanting to be actually able to contribute in Squad Wars but facing yet another opponent with 100% level 10 bases.

ACTUALLY ... I am a Level X, A Level 8 and A Level 9 (sandbagger just for donation purposes).

Three squads wide. One of which does plenty of wars and has mostly Level 5 and 6 players.

We don't whine. We just play. We win. We lose. It happens. We try to figure it out and that makes it fun.

And if you can't take a Level 9 outpost with your Level 7 or even Level 6 (for Yavin or Hoth for example) players ... then you, again, DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. YOU'RE. DOING.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#28 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:03 am

See guys, I don't mean to be a piece of garbage and put you down, but if you're not willing to learn and realize that it IS possible to put up a good fight and beat these top squads, then there's nothing much more anyone can do. it is possible. Our outpost takers are, get this... a lv6 a lv7 and a lv8 (this guy just jumped to lv9 but is seriously underdeveloped in terms of attack troops). They can take whatever post we ask them to, it all has to do with practice, and giving them a chance! Sure, they would flop countless times at first, but they're war-hardened now, and don't fear taking on lv10 outpost or even level 10 bases. When we get Tako/Dando in play, we let them, along with our lv9s, take out the bases, while the level 10s will do outpost duty and cleanup afterwards if necessary. It takes time too, don't expect to have a winning team with a winning formula right off the bat.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Zcookie49

Post#29 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Like back to back matches against top 20 teams. We are ranked 2000 and get match3d up against Prty like Chewie rank 8.

Midge
Admiral

Post#30 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 am

Zcookie49 wrote:Like back to back matches against top 20 teams. We are ranked 2000 and get match3d up against Prty like Chewie rank 8.

Русские_победят is not a top 20 squad.

PartyLikeChewy needs wars, too. You are correct, StealthSquad187 has zero chance against PartyLikeChewy ... that one sucks ... but looking at StealthSquad187's war history http://squadsofdeath.com/squad/ce0225b4-3b5a-11e4-8823-065050004f40/history against average to even bad teams, I guess they have zero chance against many other squads.

Keep whining about fair ... keep failing to get better.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”