Anyone else up against all level 10s?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Python6
Commodore

Re: Anyone else up against all level 10s?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:31 am

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Disney can't fix this. Given how often people complain about this how hard is it to match squads that are close together? Would stand to reason that if Imp squad A is overmatched and reb squad b is overmatched why doesn't the game match A&B and let the two stronger opponents fight? The number of complaints would seem to indicate that there is a sufficient population of squads that are fighting over or under their weight class which leads me to believe that they just need to fix the algorithm. I had hoped that allowing same faction wars would fix this, but we are still seeing the same mismatch issues even when we fight same faction.
Leader jedisupremacy Windows Rebel Squad (JS.Padawans is our training squad for newer players) and mentor to our allied Android / IOS Rebel Squad - JediSupremacy
Member ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad
LINE app required / LINE ID is python6swc

Midge
Commodore

Post#12 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 am

Those simply are not mismatches.

You can post whatever the matchups were, but Level HQ alone does not make mismatches.

vs. Brasil(RJ) — Stealth (16-12-3, 145k medals, 45k base strength) v. Brasil (30-28-1, 125k medals, 37k base strenght) — Hardly a mismatch. Maybe you just lost?

vs. Ultimate-Rebels — Stealth (16-13-3, 145k medals, 45k base strength) v. Ultimate (62-25-2, 177k medals, 54k base strength) — Again ... not that far apart really. They have warred plenty and probably know what they are doing.

vs. Run_and_Gun — Stealth (16-14-3, 145k medals, 45k base strength) v. Run (11-45, 183k medals, 44k base strength) — Your BASE STRENGTH IS HIGHER! And, for the love of god, they are 11-45!!

vs. Imp_War_Mercs — This one is tougher to gauge because it is clearly just a war squad. This was their FIRST war and they don't even appear to exist anymore.

vs. PolSKA — NOW you can whine. These guys are good. You will get destroyed. Enjoy.

C'mon man. You come on here complaining about mismatches like the level of the HQ is all that matters? Then post losses to .500 and 11-45 teams as proof of unfair?

Seriously?
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMiddayMob

Level X Rebel : 50k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

DarthMaulUK
Lieutenant

Post#13 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:26 pm

I fail to see how pitching low level bases up against much higher level bases is fair. So yes - it is a mismatch.

I haven't a clue how this game creates its matches - but from MY point of view, I can't attack a level 10 base and when your opponent only has level 10 bases - I call it a mismatch.

As for the Brasil match, read what I put in my side note. I said it was close but that isnt the game I am complaining about.

if this squad had higher level players who either left or were removed and match making is based off that history - its a stupid way of matching up because people come and go.

Python6
Commodore

Post#14 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Ok, my main reb squad just matched. We put forward a team of 2 level 8s, 1 level 7, and 2 level 6's - all with most turrets one level below their HQ. We were matched with 3 level 9s and 2 level 8s with turrets at or one level below HQ level. Just based on HQ they are +8 on a 5 player windows war and they have more turrets at HQ level than my squad fielded. How in the world is this seen as a fair fight? The outposts are tak, dando, tat so if we hold all three good chance to clear a base 2 levels over you, but also good chance that he can clear your uplinks without any outpost help attacking two levels down. We will fight and do our best because that is the type of squad we are, but hard to rally the troops to fight in future squad wars when this is what you see most of the time. We had been getting pretty even matches when we fielded level 6 and 7 bases, but apparently adding the 8s put us in a whole other category for matchmaking which is sad because my 8s can't fight in the level 9/10 wars because we only see 10's and they can't dent them much less get 3 uplinks most of the time.
Leader jedisupremacy Windows Rebel Squad (JS.Padawans is our training squad for newer players) and mentor to our allied Android / IOS Rebel Squad - JediSupremacy

syncpan77
Major General

Post#15 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:23 pm

ComanderWolfe1 wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:No, it's normal. Mismatches always occur in any game or sport. Here's the thing, it still all comes down to organization and execution rather than HQ level. We have never had a roster of more than 7-8 lv10s yet we've beaten squads with all 10s or mostly 10s, compared to our roster that has included as far low as lv6,7, and 8 bases.

Sorry but 1 or 2 lvl 10s cant take out 10 lvl 10S, Having 7-8 lvl 10s means over 21- 24 lvl 10 attacks against 15 bases, no problem right, all your low lvl have to do is take outposts, does not compare to original question.

If you have less than 5 lvl 10s there is no point going to war unless you go with 2 or 3 9s and above and the rest 8 and below.

I don't know where I said that only 2 lv10s could take out a whole squad :lol: , but if you read the last line in my comment you can see I asked him about the ratio of base levels they take to wars. Depending on outposts of course, but a lv9 can easily take links from a lv10.

My point is that I see lots of people complain about the matchmaking and HQ levels being uneven, but then at the end of their argument, it all boils down to them not having enough people on at the start, or at all available. Check out this example, if we matched a squad of all 9s vs. one of all 10s, and the 9s were able to get everyone on at the get-go, but the 10s showed up sporadically throughout the day, at intervals, being forced to hit solo or without outposts, do you really think that the 10s just for being 10s would actually win?
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 464,000 - Squad War Record: 36W - 2D - 12L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

DarthVacc
Commodore

Post#16 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 am

syncpan77 wrote:
My point is that I see lots of people complain about the matchmaking and HQ levels being uneven, but then at the end of their argument, it all boils down to them not having enough people on at the start, or at all available. Check out this example, if we matched a squad of all 9s vs. one of all 10s, and the 9s were able to get everyone on at the get-go, but the 10s showed up sporadically throughout the day, at intervals, being forced to hit solo or without outposts, do you really think that the 10s just for being 10s would actually win?

^ THIS.

So, we had a bit of a mismatch today... not maybe as egregious as some, but still a bit hefty. And yet we didn't lose.

Our squad finally found ourselves in a tie match today, 45 all. The opposing squad were also Imperial and are ahead of us by about 50 slots on the SoD site. We went in with a team of 8 lvl10s and 7 lvl9s (some of those are new to both levels)... we were matched against a team with 13 lvl10s and 2 lvl9s... their "TrueSkill" was above ours by about 2K... So again, not CRAZY mismatch, but still, an "ugh" moment when we saw what we were up against.

They came out guns blazing with 2/3rds of their players playing smashmouth blitzball right outta the gate, and as this was a bad start time for us, we only had a few guys on and traded booster planets for a bit, but they eventually got to 45 points to our 6. Most squads throw in the towel then...

But we waited. We waited for our team to be available. Because these things last for 24hrs. And if you can't win, deny the other team the win. Simple as that.

Because they squandered several booster ownership moments and they flailed 6 times on one of our guy's bases, they had 10 attacks left to our 25. And, in two pushes, we leveled their squad and tied it up. Final tally: 45-45, we had all boosts, and had 7 attacks left to their 4. It may not get chalked up in the win column, but... it was a win.

Because you don't quit. Sure, you get a crap reward crate, but if you're doing it for the reward, you're doing it for the wrong reason. Some of our loses (and this tie) are some of our most memorable wars as a team because we played AS A TEAM.

We may not have beaten these guys, but we got the best of them. :)

Bottom line: forget the mismatches. Don't blame the algorithm. Play the game. Trust your squad, and never leave an attack unused.
----------------

"All too easy..." - the Other D.V.

Darth Vaccuous - Rank 12 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 30k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #559 Squad Worldwide - lvl41 Perks - 470k+ Squad Medals

GER
Storm Trooper

Post#17 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi all,
Unfortunately you are not the only one being mismatched. My Squad has also gone through 3 mismatches in a row. Last one against 106 leaderboard with 14 lvl 10s ( no sandbagger there) while we are 2000 + leaderboard with 11 lvl 9s, 2 lvl 8 and 2 lvl 7. We are rebel faction.
Sad thing is that we are contemplating quitting squadwars altogether if this continues. We don't want to be blaster fodder all the time. All we ask is for a fair fight, we don't want to be put against lvl 6s either, but a similar array of lvls to ours in order to have enjoyable battles, win or lose.
Thanks for listening.

Ger
777RebelAlliance

ComanderWolfe1
Captain

Post#18 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36 am

syncpan77 wrote:
ComanderWolfe1 wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:No, it's normal. Mismatches always occur in any game or sport. Here's the thing, it still all comes down to organization and execution rather than HQ level. We have never had a roster of more than 7-8 lv10s yet we've beaten squads with all 10s or mostly 10s, compared to our roster that has included as far low as lv6,7, and 8 bases.

Sorry but 1 or 2 lvl 10s cant take out 10 lvl 10S, Having 7-8 lvl 10s means over 21- 24 lvl 10 attacks against 15 bases, no problem right, all your low lvl have to do is take outposts, does not compare to original question.

If you have less than 5 lvl 10s there is no point going to war unless you go with 2 or 3 9s and above and the rest 8 and below.

I don't know where I said that only 2 lv10s could take out a whole squad :lol: , but if you read the last line in my comment you can see I asked him about the ratio of base levels they take to wars. Depending on outposts of course, but a lv9 can easily take links from a lv10.

I was just making an example of our squad wars, half of us are on at start, even with outposts, 7s and 8s are not going to take out lvl 10 sonic farms, all those that are saying stop complaining and go to war have many lvl 10s, in battle yes you can tie with 5 or more lvl 10s, that is all you need to get 45 uplinks.

And for those that keep saying they are all sandbagger bases that is not always the case. We got matched with VadersMarines 15 full lvl 10s, against our 6s on up to 1 lvl 10, not a chance. DEATHCREW like 10 lvl 10s, the list goes on..
Firefly fans

Level 10 Rebel
Long gone Squad The-Wolfe-Pack
Room for more, PM to join

Pirate
Captain

Post#19 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:52 am

Python6 wrote: [...] apparently adding the 8s put us in a whole other category for matchmaking which is sad because my 8s can't fight in the level 9/10 wars because we only see 10's and they can't dent them much less get 3 uplinks most of the time.

We are seeing the same thing for our wars on Windows. There seems to be a high level pool and a lower level pool. We have gotten a good share of fair matches but we will draw 5 full level 10's every now and then.
ISBCounterOps - Windows - Imperial

Python6
Commodore

Post#20 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:23 am

syncpan77 wrote:
ComanderWolfe1 wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:

I agree that squad coordination goes a long way towards victory in squad wars and good fight strategy can mitigate shortfalls in combat power. That being said coordination isn't part of the matchmaking process. The game doesn't know if we have fielded a team that will be able to synch attacks and subsequent outpost denial or not. All it sees is the base strength of us and our opponent squad. We have won several wars where we were outgunned because we simply had better strategy for winning than our opponent, but the game shouldn't handicap us since we also run into squads that are just as good as us in strategy and when they have more combat power they usually win. Just want a fair fight in terms of combat power where the squad war strategy and teamwork wins the day

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”