Anyone Else Up Against All Level 10s?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DarthMaulUK
Lieutenant

Anyone Else Up Against All Level 10s?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Our Squad has now played it's 4th game in a row where we're faced off against either Rebel or Imperial Squads who are ALL level 10s. 1/2 our team are under level 8.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a bug/glitch?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized

syncpan77
Major General

Re: Anyone else up against all level 10s?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:23 pm

No, it's normal. Mismatches always occur in any game or sport. Here's the thing, it still all comes down to organization and execution rather than HQ level. We have never had a roster of more than 7-8 lv10s yet we've beaten squads with all 10s or mostly 10s, compared to our roster that has included as far low as lv6,7, and 8 bases.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 542,000 - Squad War Record: 44W - 2D - 13L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

DarthMaulUK
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm

syncpan77 wrote:No, it's normal. Mismatches always occur in any game or sport. Here's the thing, it still all comes down to organization and execution rather than HQ level. We have never had a roster of more than 7-8 lv10s yet we've beaten squads with all 10s or mostly 10s, compared to our roster that has included as far low as lv6,7, and 8 bases.

Mismatches occur yes - but not like this. You can expect 1 maybe 2 but not 4 in a row. That's when something isn't right - especially when there is zero chance of level 5-7 taking down a level 10.(especially once the Outposts reach 9).

And I am not talking about 1 or 2 bases being level 10 - I am talking about every single one on the enemy side.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#4 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Yes, it's normal in this game, It's really tough to be matched against a squad that's exactly at your level in terms of base lvs. The game always will give you a mismatch whether it's you being the underdog, or the other squad. Just letting you know that not just because a squad is all 10s, that means an automatic win for them, or a loss for you. Keep at it, you can do it. All you really need are 5 good hitters, lv9 or 10, that's good enough to take the fight to any squad.

Just curious, what is the usual lv ratio in your squad wars roster? How many 9s and 10s do you guys usually take?
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 542,000 - Squad War Record: 44W - 2D - 13L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 am

What you describe is a complete mismatch. They do happen unfortunately. To get four in a row, though is very unlucky.

Usually the outposts provide some form of potential compensation. But with the degree of disparity you are describing, it won't help at all. All of their players will be able to hit all of the outposts, while only a handful of your players will be able to hit any single outpost, and even then only once or twice.

I suspect the 10s you face are 'rushed' / sandbagger bases. That is to say the HQ and SC are 10 but the shield, turrets and other buildings are closer in level to yours. But the extra turrets and attacking units you get at 10 make a huge difference.

'Sandbagging' as a long term strategy has been in the game for a while. I would embrace it if I were you.
HQ 10 - 14K medals - Kenobi's Command - Level 48 Squad. War history = 79 wins, 2 draws, 35 losses

We have 1 spot open (as at 24th March 17). HQs 4 to 8 v welcome

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

ComanderWolfe1
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:29 am

syncpan77 wrote:No, it's normal. Mismatches always occur in any game or sport. Here's the thing, it still all comes down to organization and execution rather than HQ level. We have never had a roster of more than 7-8 lv10s yet we've beaten squads with all 10s or mostly 10s, compared to our roster that has included as far low as lv6,7, and 8 bases.

Sorry but 1 or 2 lvl 10s cant take out 10 lvl 10S, Having 7-8 lvl 10s means over 21- 24 lvl 10 attacks against 15 bases, no problem right, all your low lvl have to do is take outposts, does not compare to original question.

If you have less than 5 lvl 10s there is no point going to war unless you go with 2 or 3 9s and above and the rest 8 and below.
Firefly fans

Level 10 Rebel
Long gone Squad The-Wolfe-Pack
Room for more, PM to join

DarthMaulUK
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:05 am

I've never seen anything like it - in ANY game to be honest. The odd one, yes - but 4 in a row is just highlighting that something somewhere is broken in the way it 'match makes'.

I've done the 'suicide' attack on a high level base to try and get 1 uplink and have been successful - once. But when the AI has a mind of its own, that just adds to the complexity. Our Squad Leader clicks the War button 'maybe this is the one' - and no, ALL level 10s.

Midge
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:12 am

Remember ... LEVEL DOESN'T Matter.

We have faced a number of squads higher in "LEVEL" than us, but when you look at their base scores they are weak.

What is your squad and what is the four opponents you have faced?

The match-making is definitely better now than it was in the past, but the level of opponent bases is not nearly as important as the base score and/or the skill (which is often noticeable by medal counts due to more medals meaning more playing meaning learned more tricks).
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMiddayMob

Level X Rebel : 60k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Valiant
Commodore

Post#9 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:31 am

DarthMaulUK - question are you Imp or Rebel and what is the level make up of your war group?

As Midge and others have suggested level is not the ultimate ruler used to gauge war groups but I'm curious to see how you compare level wise.

DarthMaulUK
Lieutenant

Post#10 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:12 am

We're an Imperial Squad.

I've scouted bases to check for a weakness or low level - but trust me EVERYTHING was level 10. I've just recorded the current Squad War as its gone live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7QRwYPJLMHere is what we are up against.

Our squad rank is currently 35 - just turned this week. And apart from todays War, all this happened before level 35.

Highest/current rank is 1975

We have faced - In recent order
vs Imp_War_Mercs
vs Run_and_Gun
vs Ultimate-Rebels
vs Brasil(RJ) - this was a close one as they had some level 8s but only 3. The rest were 10s and its here it all started to go wrong.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”