Help with HQ9 Base for Squad Wars?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Alcrin
Cadet Trooper

Help with HQ9 Base for Squad Wars?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:32 am

Hello there,
I'll like to be of more use on my squad wars and I'm trying to get a better defensive base just for the Squad War. Do you guys use any particular strategy? I have been looking for a guide or basic strategy guide but I found nothing so far u.u

JNB
Commodore

Re: Help with HQ9 Base for Squad Wars?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:42 am

I have found a somewhat effective base is a concentric design. Since there is no looting, use your resource buildings as defensive structures surrounding your hq, sc and dekas. spread the turrets around so they can pick off any vanguards or other troops meant to bait the sc. My base has a ring of buildings then the walls set up in a stub pattern then my hq, sc dekas and shields in the centre. I have sonics surrounding the middle part and a mix of burst, rapid fire and rockets further out. In my last squad wars it successfully defended 5 times before all the uplinks were taken. in the current war it has defended 3 times and there is one uplink left.

Mind you if a high level player attacks you especially with the factory boosts, there is almost no design that will be effective.

Python6
Commodore

Re: Help with HQ9 Base for Squad Wars?

Post#3 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 am

The key to success in defense during squad wars seems to be not allowing that third uplink to go to your opponent. Most opponents can get two if they attack with OP boosts pretty easily, but if you can arrange your base to limit their ability to get the third one you can be very competitive in squad wars. The tough part of squad wars defense is you don't get replays to see what worked and didn't work. I have used some of my old base defense setups in squad wars and continue to tweak it trying to find the right mix to limit that critical third uplink falling into enemy hands. Every opponent that has to use another attack on you to get your third uplink is a victory for your squad and increases you chance of coming out in top in the war. Look at the layouts that give you trouble and take lessons learned from them. Sure it is the other faction, but the basic defense principals apply and you can learn from them and apply what makes their base hard to beat to yours. You can test out the designs in your normal PvP defense, but the OP boosts, SC employment, and full air show that normally come with SW battles is hard to replicate in normal PvP defenses.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”