Need to add ability to remove troops from Squad Center

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Akwatic

Need to add ability to remove troops from Squad Center

Post#1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:30 pm

We're in the matchmaking phase of a squad war (finally! It took less than 48 hours!) and someone donated something other than the troops I requested. Yet, I do not have the option to remove some or all of the troops so that I can re-request. Hopefully this will be addressed in future updates.

dogegriff
Major General

Re: Need to add ability to remove troops from Squad Center

Post#2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Yeah, best to hit Sullust request and edit text to read what, and from whom, you want to receive.
Imperial squad WAR247 that is (103/2) with four draws in squad wars. Ranked 590th server-wide on SOD. We are a level 44 squad.

timjohnshort
Captain

Post#3 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:14 am

Yes, I have AGREED with posts like this in the past and think this is a great idea, but somehow is getting bypassed. How have the developers missed this feature. If somebody in your Squad has donated something you don't want/need or if you built something that you would like to change based on a different strategy etc., how is it not possible to clear them out (disband them) from your Transport and hire/request NEW troops! I would think this is in everyone's best interest! It allows players to be more intentional (and perhaps more successful) in attacks and strategies and coincidentally causes players to use more credits in buying more troops (which is a win for Disney). I also think it would cause more players to have fun in attacks and SW and gain new commanders as a result.

I am utterly surprised this is not a feature in SWC! I think it nothing short of an oversight from the developers.

Thanks for your post Akwatic!
Rebel HQ 8 - 5k+ Medals - FarmerWhoopin
proud member of SkywalkersPride

jhtech
Captain

Post#4 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:52 am

While I agree that it would be nice to have the option to dump your sc troops if they are not t your liking, I think they designed it that way so you will have more and better communication amongst your squad. I've found that sending a pre request of what I would like and from whom cuts down greatly on the margin for error. We try to have our top guys donate defense troops to give everyone that much better chance . You have to organize it with each other though, and make sure squadmates know that defensive oupost troops are not a free for all, and to not donate without prior approval. Sounds kind of stuck up, but when your base gets decimated on the first try because you have a bunch of backpack troopers or whatever in there, you get everyone on the same page pretty quick!
squad: hurtinem2.0
platform: Android/IOS
alliance: rebel
come say hello!
Line ID: jhtech

Sprockets
Commander

Post#5 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:27 pm

I totally agree with jhtech. In my first War, I ended up with Banthas. I'm trying really hard to get it through my teammates heads that communication is key when stocking the SC. Fortunately, as time goes on and more of the players have experience in War, it gets better and people get what they ask for.
Sprockets - Leader of DawnAlliance - Level 33 Squad
Current Rank - 9 / Current Medals - 13k+ / Current HQ - 8

TenaciousD
Captain

Post#6 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:21 am

While I agree that it does build communication skills to not have the option to dump or delete unwanted troops, there are always NOOBS or inexperienced squad members that do "gloss over the fine print and specific requests". I submitted an intentional request for the highest level defensive units and one member threw me 4 regular troops ... completely threw off what would have made for a more effective defensive outpost SC...grrrrrr.
TenaciousD
FU8AR Windows Rebel Squad (that's with an "eight") are looking for active members, by request only.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”