Capturing Outposts

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
ShlomoShogun

Capturing Outposts

Post#1 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 pm

When one captures an outpost does the outpost the get placed on the planet you are curently on? For example, if my planet is currently Takadona and I attack and capture an outpost, does that means that the opponent who tries to capture that same outpost has to have Takadona unlocked in order to attack it(regardless if they are currently stationed there)? Or is it randomly generated?

jhtech
Captain

Re: Capturing Outposts

Post#2 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 pm

assuming you are referring to squad wars... The outposts are on set planets. I've done two squad wars so far, and the three outposts are on Tat, Dandoran and Hoth. I don't have Hoth unlocked in my planetary command, so I can't attack that outpost. When a factory is captured, it goes over to the side who captured it in the squad war. It gives the whole team a benefit while attacking/defending depending on what it's stated purpose is. If the other side wants to get it back, they have to attack it again, and it's a lvl stronger than it was. So far, my squad has let the enemy capture the factories at the start, when they are lvl 5, then we capture them back at lvl 6. It goes like that until lvl 10, but the factories can still be captured by either team, at lvl 10 strength. Hope this helps
squad: hurtinem2.0
platform: Android/IOS
alliance: rebel
come say hello!
Line ID: jhtech

jhtech
Captain

Post#3 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:16 pm

p.s. I'm posting from my windows ID, but I am also a mid lvl 8 reb on the android platform. Didn't want to raise any false hope about squad wars on windows....
squad: hurtinem2.0
platform: Android/IOS
alliance: rebel
come say hello!
Line ID: jhtech

Zapper56
Squadron Leader

Post#4 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:28 am

so, being new to this, is it best to have the opposition capture the outposts first and then have your team get them back especially if you don't have any lvl 10s on team?

JNB
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:04 pm

That depends on your strategy. If your squad is ready to go, perhaps you should get all the outposts first then attack while you have the advantages they provide. Sure they will probably be taken from you but you can always get them back.

In my squad we always had the lowest level HQ players go for the factory outposts, esp if the opponent has mostly higher level hqs. This is what my squad did in the last war which finished monday. Early on we got all the outposts, had a whole bunch of attacks ready to go and smashed our enemies. We had all 45 uplinks destroyed after 4 hours, then we just sat back and watched the opponent try to get them back and attack. each time they captured an outpost we took it back, it helped with our defense and wasted their uplink attacks. We won 45-39.

Zapper56
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 am

if all 3 outposts are available is it better to capture them or to use your attack to grab uplinks?

Python6
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 am

Grab the outposts. Squad War bases are tough with guaranteed SC and Dekas active. The outposts provide a huge boost in capability that will make the 3 uplink win possible. Without the outpost boost you can probably get 1 or 2 uplinks, but the benefit they provide makes getting them (and keeping them) a big part of your Squad Wars strategy planning.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

DarthBane

Post#8 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:19 am

If you capture an outpost like Takodana, that says:defense, does it say defense because it provides health bonus to infantry or defense because it only provides the health bonus to infantry on defense? Does it provide health bonus to infantry on attack as well?

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”