rRr, Empire lvl 9 base

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
rRr
Major General

rRr, Empire lvl 9 base

Post#1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:26 am

Hello guys,

I have had quite good base layout at level 7 and 8, I have been really happy with it. But as with HQ9 and new shield adding, I cannot figure the right layout for my base.

I have been tried so far like 5 or even 7 layouts, and this is the one I am most satisfied with, BUT I still dont know what turrents should I use to make it better.

My goals are (ordered by priority):
  1. Defend my contrabant
  2. Defend alloy and credits
  3. Defend HQ (medals)

What I had in my mind when building it:
  • I have spread shields so Juggernauts cant just smash all at once and need to get deep into base, and eventually get destroyed.
  • Wall with turrents at SC is build to diencourage enemiest to deploy there, as they should be overwhelmed by turrents.
  • SC and Deka's have their circles built up, so they cannot be easily pulled out.
  • HQ does not need shield, it is not possible to nuke it by fighters, even if you put all of them on it (got tested it)

I would like to have layout that protects my contrabant even if my SC wont get refilled fast enough. I live mostly on ErKit, and often happens that first attacker fail, but destroys only small amout of base and kill my SC, than next attacker takes full profit from this advantage and clear my base totally, while I have empty SC.

base_HQ9_lower.png

I am still not satisfied with fact, that most of attacks end at SC, or when SC troops get out..

How is doing so far:
This base has 80% wins on Tatooine in last crystal conflict, but I live mostly on ErKit where oponents of level 9-10 attacks me. On ErKit I usualy get attacked by someone who destroys like 35~45% of base and kill SC troops, than next after him (in about 10 minutes) obliterate whole base. I would like to change it, and even if second attacker wins, I would like to protect at least my contrabant safe house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Empire fresh HQ X, 28 000+ medals, living mainly on ErKit.
Contrabant addict (Sentinel @lvl27, Opressor @lvl20).
Sith-Society
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Sigma582
Major General

Re: rRr, Empire lvl 9 base

Post#2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:32 pm

you can try this.

- 2 rows of walls in each direction starting from top corner (can make a few gaps in the outer row to place traps there, a gap in the inner one to place IDT trap)
- cb safe behind the walls
- bunch of burst, rocket and sonic turrets so that they cover deployment zone on the outskirt and quickly obliterate whatever deployed there; If you use sonics - be sure that your bursts kill any single reb/scout before sonics shoot at them (you want prevent sonic distraction - it should shoot at real targets instead)
- SC placed so that deployment in the topmost spot triggers SC. Fill SC with MHCs and ensure to have a few free tiles near SC top corner - MHCs will appear there and stuck
- 2-3 shields cover SC, cb safe and nearby turrets
- going further you place HQ, dekas, remaining turrets and shields, fill the gaps with junk buildings.

As a result the enemy has to break through your deep echeloned defence in order to reach your CB. On his way he will have to kill your HQ which guarantees you protection.
If they choose to deploy straight near your CB safe their troops will get torn apart in seconds - stuck and shielded MHCs are no joke.

They still can use Ithorians to pop your shields and HWK on your MHCs (or X-wings directly on cb safe) but it's hard to defend from with any layout. Additional row of walls may slow down ithorians but will move your SC farther from the corner and make triggering less likely.
Proud officer of IMPERIALS® squad on Windows server. LB #22, lvl 46.
A few spots open for active English-speaking players.
-----
Tool to save/load base layout:
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986

rRr
Major General

Post#3 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:31 pm

So, this is what happens when my protection expires..almost every time.

Screenshot_2016-10-25-23-16-45-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sith-Society

pdqsport
Major General

Post#4 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:53 pm

If Contraband is King and Alloy/Credits are the Prince/Princess, get your HQ out of the center of your base.

Throw it in a corner with a generator or three (maybe toss in a couple of traps for good measure).

Then layer your defenses around your resource buildings for protection. (protection styles vary, go with the one that suits you best)

This way, the first attack will nearly always generate your protection from the dead HQ and your resource losses should be drastically reduced.
HQ 9 : 20k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 49 Squad

rRr
Major General

Post#5 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:04 am

Thanks guys.

I will probably try to rebuild it by Sigmas advises somewhere over weekend as I have had my HQ out at level 7 and 8, but it is not ideal for Conflicts, where every loss counts. For example on last conflict on Tatooine I have earned about 3000 medals only on defenses. So I would like to keep my base protected at least with few turrents (or used as wall).
Sith-Society

Denroe
Captain

Post#6 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:06 am

pdqsport wrote:If Contraband is King and Alloy/Credits are the Prince/Princess, get your HQ out of the center of your base.

Throw it in a corner with a generator or three (maybe toss in a couple of traps for good measure).

Then layer your defenses around your resource buildings for protection. (protection styles vary, go with the one that suits you best)

This way, the first attack will nearly always generate your protection from the dead HQ and your resource losses should be drastically reduced.

Agree fully...when I moved to lvl 9 I gave up on winning defense for the most part and went into protect resources mode. My hq appears unprotected off to 1 side but I have some idt traps around it and then more traps in between hq and the meat of my base which is resource collectors and my sc
Lvl 10 - - Proud member of Imperial Enclave - the best damn group of squad mates a rebel destroying dark sider can have.

Sigma582
Major General

Post#7 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:56 am

Denroe wrote:My hq appears unprotected off to 1 side but I have some idt traps around it and then more traps in between hq and the meat of my base which is resource collectors and my sc

I remember attacking such a base. I was going to kill HQ, drop objective troops and bail out leaving the guy with his resources and protection. But a LAAT trap sprung and killed what I sent on HQ. I bombed heavies and dropped another unit to kill HQ - it triggered an X-Wing and died too. It pissed me off, I sent a shock trooper to clear traps, went all-in and rolled through the whole base to result of high 2 stars and almost all loot taken.

If you ask people to kill your HQ and give you protection - why prevent them from doing that?

Imagine an attacker drops a couple troopers to deal with your HQ and rolls his attack at a different point. His attack fails miserably but depletes your SC, dekas and traps. If your traps kill the troopers supposed to destroy HQ you will end up with no protection and the next attacker will steamroll you and take all loot he can.
Proud officer of IMPERIALS® squad on Windows server. LB #22, lvl 46.
A few spots open for active English-speaking players.
-----
Tool to save/load base layout:
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986

JNB
Commodore

Post#8 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:40 am

rRr, I am with Denroe. At L9 i don't care about defensive wins anymore, it is all about the resources for me. Once i got to 9 i was getting burned by mostly 10s. Each time for 90% or worse destroyed and all my resources taken or; i win a defense, lose most of my resources in the process then a second attack hundies me, losing even more resources! So I completely redesigned my base with partial resources available and my hq exposed to give protection. I found i couldn't protect everything so i let an attacker take some of the resources. See my base pic, sorry for the roughness of it, i play on my iphone and you cant see my whole base so I had to stitch it together from multiple snapshots.

I grouped my resources into 2 areas and in most cases they will only get one so i lose half my resources or less. A very satisfying 'win' for me is less than 100k resources taken. Which happen quite a bit with this base layout.

I have had this layout for almost 3 months now and have only been hundied a couple times (very good high L10 attackers). I haven't done the math but about 75% of the time it is less than 60% destroyed, but less than half my resources taken. (which when full could be 800k + alloy or credits!) And i get 10 hrs protection. Sometimes the attacker will get the hq then fail with the rest of the base. That is a bonus! I considered it paying credits/alloy for protection.

Two of my squad mates have adopted my layout and they see similar results. I also rarely see Kessen.

Denroe
Captain

Post#9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:14 am

Sigma582 wrote:
Denroe wrote:My hq appears unprotected off to 1 side but I have some idt traps around it and then more traps in between hq and the meat of my base which is resource collectors and my sc

I remember attacking such a base. I was going to kill HQ, drop objective troops and bail out leaving the guy with his resources and protection. But a LAAT trap sprung and killed what I sent on HQ. I bombed heavies and dropped another unit to kill HQ - it triggered an X-Wing and died too. It pissed me off, I sent a shock trooper to clear traps, went all-in and rolled through the whole base to result of high 2 stars and almost all loot taken.

If you ask people to kill your HQ and give you protection - why prevent them from doing that?

Imagine an attacker drops a couple troopers to deal with your HQ and rolls his attack at a different point. His attack fails miserably but depletes your SC, dekas and traps. If your traps kill the troopers supposed to destroy HQ you will end up with no protection and the next attacker will steamroll you and take all loot he can.

90% of the attacks on my base start with the bulk of the attackers troops around my hq. I am not interested in killing the troops attacking the hq but rather want the attacker to invest air strikes to take out the idt trap troops and hopefully kill the vanguards. That way when the attackers troops get into the meat of my base where the resources and sc are the attackers have little or no air support to take out my sc troops and their vanguards are long dead so there are traps still active. 80% of the time I lose 0 or 1 resource collection building so the base is extremely effective at protecting resources. I have all planets unlocked so I always sign off and camp out on a planet running a conflict that way most attackers go for the hq to assure a win.
Lvl 10 - - Proud member of Imperial Enclave - the best damn group of squad mates a rebel destroying dark sider can have.

rRr
Major General

Post#10 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:07 am

Sigma582 wrote:you can try this.

- 2 rows of walls in each direction starting from top corner (can make a few gaps in the outer row to place traps there, a gap in the inner one to place IDT trap)
- cb safe behind the walls
- bunch of burst, rocket and sonic turrets so that they cover deployment zone on the outskirt and quickly obliterate whatever deployed there; If you use sonics - be sure that your bursts kill any single reb/scout before sonics shoot at them (you want prevent sonic distraction - it should shoot at real targets instead)
- SC placed so that deployment in the topmost spot triggers SC. Fill SC with MHCs and ensure to have a few free tiles near SC top corner - MHCs will appear there and stuck
- 2-3 shields cover SC, cb safe and nearby turrets
- going further you place HQ, dekas, remaining turrets and shields, fill the gaps with junk buildings.

As a result the enemy has to break through your deep echeloned defence in order to reach your CB. On his way he will have to kill your HQ which guarantees you protection.
If they choose to deploy straight near your CB safe their troops will get torn apart in seconds - stuck and shielded MHCs are no joke.

They still can use Ithorians to pop your shields and HWK on your MHCs (or X-wings directly on cb safe) but it's hard to defend from with any layout. Additional row of walls may slow down ithorians but will move your SC farther from the corner and make triggering less likely.

I have tried to build it..
corner_contrabant_sigma_low.png

but it does not seem to work well, got rolled from bottom and ended with 97% loss.

However I might give it a change (maybe cuz I dont want to spend another hour or more rebuilding) and maybe some tuning might make it better.
Sith-Society

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”