Just lev 5 need critic to get better

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
Kirgal
Cadet Trooper

Just lev 5 need critic to get better

Post#1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:59 am

Here my base in attachment.
Any criticism welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BertO
Major General

Re: Just lev 5 need critic to get better

Post#2 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:21 am

You need your Squad Centre (SC) to read as "full". Preferably full of hailfire droids or ATRTs.

Not sure where you are in the game it is essential, but at higher levels we tend to put shields over the SC and not the hq.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Kirgal
Cadet Trooper

Post#3 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:15 am

Well the forward shield covers the SC. And it is empty since I got attacked and so i requested again. It fills up normally pretty fast.
But the layout of the base is ok else?

BertO
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

I guess you will mainly see level and six units. So probably mainly eATAT and tanks with repairs.

You will want your mortars stripping the repairs and rockets targeting eAT before it has both shields down so bring them out as far as possible.

HQ doesn't really benefit from shields. Your defences do. Double shielding SC is popular as it can make it harder for the eAT to take out one shield and a tie fighter taking out SC before it deploys.

Moving base to a corner will strip eAT of its range advantage on two sides. I tend to pack my corner with bursts as range is not a factor.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Moadib
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:42 am

consider putting your base in corner ( upper left or lower right opposite )

at lvl 5 easier to defend 3 sides then all 4 that's the mIn reason why i advise corner

next issue that will soon be apparent to you after few cow attacks is that you dont have turrets to efficiently defend your self against mehc..

10 turrets you have now and since you already have 2. burst that have range 9 uou wNt them placed ( in corner design not what you have now) so their range covers outer map edge so they can eliminate screening troops (darks ,regs dewbck etc..)

DUMP ALL RAPID TURRETS those are made for imperial side to kill our med.bots
if you are wondering why i ll explain

Eatat has range of 10 repair droids that come behind it have range of healing 5 tiles
your rapids cant reach imperial repair droids

another reason is also that rapid turret has no affect on imperial mech health
my advice would be out of 10 turrets make
6 rockets 2 burst and 2 mortars place them in corner base in triangle positions on shield edges if possible covered only half with shield bubble

wall units spread out in front of base special left and right side as to minimize imperial deployment possibilities, hide traps among them counting 10 tiles from your shield generator bubble edge cause that is the position EATAT will stop and fire on them

SC is your only rela defense so it must be centered in corner and covered with shields

HQ will be your biggest issue since 90% of attackers will try to kill it for safe 1 star win so souround it with turrets and cover turrets with all
buildings you have dont leave them outside base as it will be free points for attacker

keep in mind triple shielding idea in this game walls,structures shields attacker needs to clear waLsnthen buildings in cront of turrets then shields and this strategy takes much of his time which is the goal in defense

wish you the best in your endeavors on defense ;)
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Red8
Commander

Post#6 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:37 am

Not bad. I suggest having a squad mate stock your SC with high level speeders ,hailfires, snipers, or RT'S. Vanguards have a pretty could run at infantry level up your traps as much as you can. Place them in obvious places. It works cause it looks to obvious. Make sure your squad center is completely under the sheild or it can be sniped.

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”