Level 9 Empire Base

Share a screenshot of your base here and have people rate it.
All your base are belong to us.! For great justice!
joedirt
Commander

Level 9 Empire Base

Post#1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I switched to this basic layout some time ago. Saw many variations of this in game. Seems to be working quite well, simple enough where lower levels actually think they have a chance.
Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Dirty Joe
VMA-513 is looking for new members. (Windows Platform)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dirty Joe
L10 Empire 100K+ Medals,Windows Platform
L9 Empire 6K+Medals, Android Platform

Moadib
Commodore

Re: Level 9 Empire Base

Post#2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:43 pm

yap abraxis design base with some variations , if outside turrets were mortars they could cover some ground on those outer rim buildings but burst have range 9 so that is smth you can improve on later

the type of buildings you put around isnt random on his design but intentional an example:

resource -- barrack --resource -----factory

you dont want all resources on 1 side and all other type on other side all next to each other

before posting pic of your base remove traps in design mode with stash option then take a photo for forum :)

wish you all the best in this design
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

joedirt
Commander

Post#3 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:27 am

thanks for the input. I had no idea who did the initial design. Think I will make a few changes.
I included picture with traps to get an idea if someone thought they should be moved.
Thanks again....

Dirty Joe
VMA-513 is looking for "a few good men"
Dirty Joe

Phaenician
Lieutenant

Post#4 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Have you been 3-starred yet with this design?

I'd probably skip your base, but if I had to, I'd try pulling your deka's & SC troops by dropping stormtroopers (or w/e the rebel equivalent may be) in the middle, then pulling those to either upper left or lower right border (probably lower right border as the oppressor moves slower), just outside of your most outer turrets' reach. In the mean time, opposite of where I'd take down your deka's & troops, I'd launch an attack towards the center. Then spread stormies or heavies at the edges of the map that aren't covered yet. Of course, no idea if it would work, but that's how I'd go about cracking your base.

Alternatively, I'd drop stormies first at the edges of the map. That should give me a good % of damage done to get to 1 star quickly.

All in all it looks good to me. But I don't play rebel side, so I can't tell what tactics could 3-star your base.

Axeman77
Captain

Post#5 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:35 am

Looks pretty effective, I've been meaning to redo my layout to be something similar.
My only comment is that with the Deka's and SC all in a row it could be a target for the Kessen Snipe!!
Axeman - EPIC-SQUAD - HQ 10 - 20.4k medals
Axeman Lives - EPIC-SQUAD - HQ 8 - 7.8k medals
EPIC-SQUAD are recruiting for active new Empire members on android/ios. HQ5 & above welcome. PM me for info.

joedirt
Commander

Post#6 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 am

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently switching outer turrets to mortars, got 2 changed now, proving to be more effective. I have not been 3 stared yet. I have been using this basic design for about 2 months. No one has baited all 3, squad center and droidekas.
Dirty Joe

timjohnshort
Captain

Post#7 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Very nice base design Joe, one of the more creative I have ever seen! I wouldn't want to attack it! This would definitely be a 'skip' in my game. LOL! Even looking at it for some time, I don't really like any of my standard attack options from any particular angle. It would be very easy to 1 star, mainly by just putting a bunch of regs around the edges and taking out all the buildings, but a 3 star victory, especially if your dekas and SC were intact, would be very difficult. No clear weaknesses that I can see.
Rebel HQ 8 - 5k+ Medals - FarmerWhoopin
proud member of SkywalkersPride

Sigma582
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:47 am

The SC is easy to nuke. Remove one shield (either with A-wing or jugg) and there will be a naked piece of SC.
Another option is to lure dekas and SC with a bike or LAAT. But it will be hard to handle in stumpfield with junk buildings around and keep enough steam to roll the base.

If it was a rebel base I'd do this:
- a scout to lure deko, a dewback to lure deka
- eatat in the left corner to attract dekas
- 4 snips and deka to kill dekas while they shoot at eatat
- shock trooper to start clearing traps and some walls
- 3 mhc to start clearing path to turrets (they will shoot through stump field as it's too tight for them to walk through and may deal some damage to dekas)
- deko in the right corner to start clearing junk on the rim
- MTV on the top-left to remove resource buildings and prevent snips from going clockwise
- storms near factories to prevent snips from going counterclockwise
- when deko's dead - a repair droid to recover eatat's damage
- when both dekas are dead - 1 snip in top and bottom corner to clear junk on the rim
- when eatat is halfway to "hot zone" - a piggy starts chasing it.
- when the first shield is dropped - tie fighters to nuke SC. If somehow it's tripped before destroyed - 3 bikes go for mechs, snips will target infantry, VT-49 are in hand to kill snips/skiffs if something goes wrong.

it's a pretty complex attack and easy to screw up but when everything is done right it can yield high percentage victory (and with war buffs and/or SC use there's a good chance for 3 star).
IMPERIALS® squad on Windows server. LB #20, lvl 48
A few spots open for active English-speaking players
-
SWC Layout Manager:
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
SWC Defence Tracker:
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

joedirt
Commander

Post#9 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Its a continual evolution of my base.
Squad Center was getting taken out too easy, but base was still winning.
I continue to make changes, and still...I have only been 3 stared one time, by a top-tier lvl 10 player.
I still think the simplistic design makes everyone believe that it would be so easy to at least 1 star.
I appreciate all the feed back that I have received :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dirty Joe

syncpan77
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:06 pm

It's a great design Joe but some Rebels are very saavy at taking out these types of bases. Seems like a doable SC snipe still using Awings but not too easy so that any average Rebel can get it. I had a similar layout a few months back, but with two rows of sonics on each side of the HQ and SC, sandwiched in between them, with resource vaults shielding turrets, and all 4 shields inside, nice and tight, close together hugging the SC. Get back to us and see how it goes.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 510,000 - Squad War Record: 61W - 2D - 19L .
Join us, we are looking for dedicated players to fill our ranks!

Return to “Rate My Base Layout”