Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
raftah
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 2

Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 am

Offline app usage

Hi all,

Like many of you, I am saddened by the closure of this game. It's been a part of my life since it's inception in 2014. I've went to this game in times I've needed a distraction or to get away from something stressful. It will be difficult to comprehend what I will go to when I'm feeling a need to game on my phone, something that involves strategy and has a great theme to it as well and requires a sharp focus to succeed.

Also like many of you, I have spent hours, weeks, years, building my base up to Prestige level and take pride in seeing it successfully defend against attacks or not, and tweak it to defend better. It would really suck for everything to just disappear. So I realize this is an online game that relies on servers for play, but what about our base accomplishments, units we've collected over the years and medals we've accrued? Pulling this away would be like taking away someone's collection of Magic cards or pulling someone's Warhammer board, just like that.

I ask of you developers, any who still stand, to enable the app to still open after the servers shut down to at least allow us hold on to what we built instead of just taking it away from us. Is this an acceptable compromise if we are not able to save the game?

Thank you,

Raftah
Player since 2014
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 7105

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:17 am

raftah wrote:Offline app usage

I ask of you developers, any who still stand, to enable the app to still open after the servers shut down to at least allow us hold on to what we built instead of just taking it away from us. Is this an acceptable compromise if we are not able to save the game?

raftah - Welcome to the Forum! :D

I am sorry, but Star Wars Commander is a Global MMO and as such would need Servers to operate. There is no way for Star Wars Commander in its present form to operate as a stand-alone Game / App.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Josketer
Major General
Posts: 448

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:00 pm

My best advice is to make a video recording of your base. At least it will serve you for to always remember your progress in the game after so many years of gaming.
That is what I did with the development of my base in different stages. I have hundreds of saved videos that I will later edit over time.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 22--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50


raftah
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 2

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#4 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 am

DeathStriker wrote:
raftah wrote:Offline app usage

I ask of you developers, any who still stand, to enable the app to still open after the servers shut down to at least allow us hold on to what we built instead of just taking it away from us. Is this an acceptable compromise if we are not able to save the game?

raftah - Welcome to the Forum! :D

I am sorry, but Star Wars Commander is a Global MMO and as such would need Servers to operate. There is no way for Star Wars Commander in its present form to operate as a stand-alone Game / App.

Thanks Deathstriker. I know in it's current form it's not possible. What I am asking is if it can be modified before it's demise to enable offline viewing without being able to attack or visit other bases. Right now I see the game not loading at all which is saddening considering all we put into our bases.


cashingout
Squadron Leader
Posts: 21

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#5 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:34 pm

check out the Amazon link for this game. It is only dead in certain regions??

what is Amazon talking about? DeathStriker knows

If it becomes public knowledge on US networks...plug gets pulled in that market. Such a quandry.

Game LIVES....


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 7105

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:08 am

cashingout wrote:check out the Amazon link for this game. It is only dead in certain regions??

what is Amazon talking about? DeathStriker knows

If it becomes public knowledge on US networks...plug gets pulled in that market. Such a quandry.

Game LIVES....

Cashingout - While there may be an Amazon Link for SWC it was for Amazon Game Devices.

:arrow: SEE TOPIC: NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Game Devices Effective January 7, 2019
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Richaldo
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1203

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#7 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:48 am

Sadly in this day and age once it's done... it's gone...

However...

I've been stuck on level 16 of Tomb Raider 1 for the PS1 since about 1996... so if anyone can help with that please get in touch :)
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!


Cymraeg
Lieutenant
Posts: 13

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#8 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:15 am

Ha ha Richaldo epic game my friend. Remember it well. Up many a night trying to grapple around cliff edges, climbing up crashed aeroplanes, reloading the uzi machine guns.

I think if memory serves me well.

Jump over 15 Lions, climb around a few mountains. Erm memory fading. Oh yeah swim around 20 sharks, jump into the snake pit, pull the hidden leaver on the right. You'll drop into a cave, watch out for the incoming spikes. Shoot the thousand zombies on the right. Do a forward roll to the left. Swim into the hidden sea cave in front. Drop your dynamite under that giant lizard. You should reach the next level.

Easy enough when you know how.


User avatar
Richaldo
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1203

Re: Star Wars Commander Offline App Usage

Post#9 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:54 am

Cymraeg wrote:Ha ha Richaldo epic game my friend. Remember it well. Up many a night trying to grapple around cliff edges, climbing up crashed aeroplanes, reloading the uzi machine guns.

I think if memory serves me well.

Jump over 15 Lions, climb around a few mountains. Erm memory fading. Oh yeah swim around 20 sharks, jump into the snake pit, pull the hidden leaver on the right. You'll drop into a cave, watch out for the incoming spikes. Shoot the thousand zombies on the right. Do a forward roll to the left. Swim into the hidden sea cave in front. Drop your dynamite under that giant lizard. You should reach the next level.

Easy enough when you know how.


haha sweet! I need to break it out again... fairly sure we'll all be under quarantine soon so need to dust it off and get cracking! :)
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!


Tsurubaso
Commander
Posts: 30

Re: FINAL SALUTES - I Want To Say Goodbye To Everyone

Post#10 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 pm

Is there a way for them to release it on open source and give it to the community.
Create an Api, create a foundation like Blender 3d, have one guy to check for rights stuff but that’s all.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Moved / Merged Topic Post With Another Topic


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Facebook [Bot], ForceMel, LordWader, MSN [Bot] and 23 guests