Crystal cost petition

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Marsh
Commander

Crystal cost petition

Post#1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Please send in the following letter to petition the astronomical price increase for Prestige units.

Please visit the link : https://support.starwarscommander.com/h ... 0000019126

For the “What type of issue are you having?” field, select “Game Play”.

Fill out all fields.

In the “Describe your problem here” field, copy and paste the message below.

————————————

Request : Please lower the Crystal costs for the Prestige Level to be inline with that of levels 1 through 10, in direct correlation to the existing additional cooking time per unit.

The players sending this petition understand the needs of the developers to generate revenue to support and further develop a game that we love. However, when the Prestige Level was launched, the community was outraged to see the price increases for speeding up the construction time of buildings as well as the units themselves. Generally speaking, the units have increased in cost by more then 10 times for a nominal increase in firepower and time. One complete load-out of units can cost $5.13 to $9.42 (depending on if the crystals were purchased in bulk and on sale). The cost is approximately $0.45 - $0.82 for the same units at Level 10.

To put this in perspective; here is the maximum calculated cost to achieve UltraChrome on the most competitive planet (assuming all load-outs were prepared with crystals & no defensive wins) during the popular Rage Rancor Conflict. The cost would have been $487.34 to $895.01 (prestige units and air support) or a lower cost of $155.39 to $285.38 (without air support). By comparison using level 10 units would cost $42.75 - $77.90 (level 10 units and air support), the cost is reduced to $29.45 - $55.10 at level 10 without air support. Placing in UltraChrome in one event yields 32 data fragments out of a total 2,642 data fragments, therefore a player would need to achieve it nearly 83 times. This works out to a cost $40,449.22 to $74,285.83. Now consider how many units require data fragments to get completely maxed.

Obviously we prefer to use our Prestige units (due to slightly higher strength/health). A level 10 jump takes 210 sec. prestige takes 217 sec. that is about 3.33% more. The increase in time does not derive a value that is 10 times higher. The price increases we experienced as the cook time increased from levels 1 through 10, were fair and amicable to all parties. It should not be exponentially more at prestige level.

Due to these crazy prices, we have seen our friends and enemies quit the game. It’s deeply frustrating that our complaints fell upon deaf ears, with Disney & Zynga.

To bypass these crazy costs, many players have chosen to keep 1 Barracks and 1 Factory at Level 10, so they can crystal units at a lower cost. (Note : level 10 barracks/factory will only cook level 10 units despite a units research level.) Most of us have also kept some of our starship command units at level 10 for the same reason. We feel that changing the costs for us will net you more profit, as long as the crystal cost are linear with their currently existing additional cook times. The biggest area for lost revenue to return is prestige air. Many of us will simply wait for air to cook at prestige and absorb no cost. If the air had costs inline with level 10 & below, many would return to spending crystals for air support.

We kindly request that you lower the pricing of prestige level speed ups to match that of levels 1 through 10 with respect to the cook time. We are worried that failure to do so will result in more of our community leaving the game.

Screenshots of price increases on YouTube : https://youtu.be/XP1YBjfaV6A

Data Below :

Highest Crystal Cost : 500 Crystals for $4.99. USD per Crystal : 0.00998

Lowest Crystal Cost (Sale Pricing) : 18,400 Crystals for $99.99. USD per Crystal : 0.00543

Air Crystal Costs (Unit Capacity 33/33)
- 2 Tie Advance, 2 VT-49, 1 Tie Fighter, 1 Tie Bomber
Prestige : 643 Crystals, 193min
Level 10 : 53 Crystals, 158min
- Vader
Prestige : 53 Crystals, 10min 20sec
Level 10 : 5 Crystals, 10min
- 18 Jumps
Prestige : 248 Crystals, 65min 6sec
Level 10 : 24 Crystals, 63min

Pricing for one complete load-out.
Total Crystal Cost Prestige : 944 / 301
- Price Range $5.13 - $9.42 (with air support)
- Price Range $1.63 - $3.00 (without air support)
Total Crystal Cost Level 10 : 82 / 58
- Price Range $0.45 - $0.82
- Price Range $0.31 - $0.58 (without air support)

Rage Rancor Conflict UltraChrome :
Hoth: 80,511 Gears - 95 attacks
Prestige : $487.34-$895.01
Prestige No Air : $155.39-$285.38
Level 10 : $42.75 - $77.90
Level 10 No Air : $29.45 - $55.10
Proud Member of Marauders-Delta and IngloriousRebels.

Marsh
Commander

Re: Crystal cost petition

Post#2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:19 pm

I was also told by my squadmate that his 2 accounts received crystal crates for sending this to the devs. One was 2k and other was 5k Crystal's. Maybe some incentive for us all to send this. I have screenshots of those crates if you dont believe it. Hit me up on line!
Proud Member of Marauders-Delta and IngloriousRebels.

TKTB51
Major General

Post#3 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:52 pm

and I haven't bought crystals in several months and don't need them ...

it's meth, just say no. Starve the beast, don't feed it.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:24 am

Well,
You could opt to play as non-wallet warriors like I do play. Just have a bit of patience and do something useful or fun in RL while your precious troops are cooking. After five years of this treadmill I see no use for rushing things, except a mounting wall of frustration for the sunk costs of havving spent hundreds of dollars or even more.
Why would I or you need to speed-cook troops? I have literally 100s of samples of every species / or vehicle in my HQ; the same applies to air. Those suffice for the rare occasions when I am in a real rush for a loadout.

And reading this petition, you make an excellent business case for Zynga/Mou$€ to keep those insane rates or even raise them.

Just my opinion
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

TNT
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:05 am

Hahahaha!

Please understand this.
If you think it's too expensive, you're not the target audience. Virtually no F2P game is made for your enjoyment, it's made to get you to pay and pay as much as possible. Don't like it? Go play actual games, or organize people to stop paying and/or write letters to your representatives telling them about the addiction economy, abusive companies and shitty lootbox implementations.
Stuff like that will make changes. This is just a waste of time.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:52 am

The shareholders Xmas ball is coming up. Your money is needed for vast amounts of cocaine and vintage whiskey.
Shareholders lives matter.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 am

The morons killed crystal sales the second they went to exploit troop-baking Prestige players...

The majority of players that went to Prestige have been playing this for 4-5 years and know this game inside and out. Many would have fast-forwarded troops... but now... 24 crystals for a jump???

Fuck off you utter money grabbing bastards...

Happy Xmas
Last edited by Richaldo on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 166,300 medals.
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 am

I actually do agree that lowering crystal cost for training troops at Prestige level will net them more profits.

There is a price point that consumers would be willing to spend. Making it too high will actually hurt business.

But I don’t believe in petition for this kind of thing, the same way, that I won’t use petition to ask McDonalds to lower price for their value meal :) My personal petition is to not pay a dime for using crystal to fast cook Prestige troop.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:14 am

TNT wrote:Hahahaha!

Please understand this.
If you think it's too expensive, you're not the target audience. Virtually no F2P game is made for your enjoyment, it's made to get you to pay and pay as much as possible. Don't like it? Go play actual games, or organize people to stop paying and/or write letters to your representatives telling them about the addiction economy, abusive companies and shitty lootbox implementations.
Stuff like that will make changes. This is just a waste of time.

I actually hate F2P games and especially mobile F2P games.
At early days in the game, the developers are seemingly more generous but slowly as the game ages, they start doing all the gambling, skins, supply crates stuff or whatever and the game becomes pay to win.

I only love FPS games with storyline modes that are more capable of delivering great fantasy and fiction along with the customer's appreciation of the game. Those games make their story more diverse and self defining with them.

When this game shuts down, I have promised myself to never to play an mobile F2P game and never waste our hard earned money over these stupid cash grabbbers or some stupid game.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

TKTB51
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 am

the only thing that might be worth the "investment" ... is to rush research for something you truly want/need at the new level ASAP.

such as jets/jumps right after you level up your HQ and your Research Lab.

for building troops/vehicles in your buildings? Absolutely NO. That direction ... madness lies.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Return to “General Discussions”