Troop Reinforcements

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
GangstaMick
Lieutenant

Troop Reinforcements

Post#1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Do you get mad if lowbee reinforce your SC? And How do you handle it. Since everyone wants to give donation points to a guild? I would think the fewest of the least expensive troops would be a happy medium. So is Cannon Fodder okay to you?
Evil will always Triumph because Good is so Dumb.

Vilified
Commander

Re: Troop Reinforcements

Post#2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 am

Be specific in your request. I ask for bikes which everyone can build. Or when I drop a regular request I leave it open so anyone can drop whatever. Tip thou troopsf work better in groups. No matter what they are. And upgrade your troops so they come in high powered as possible. If anyone donates scouts they should be removed lol. And if you receive 1 dewback.... you might have upset that player as that's my way of show disappointment. DROPPING A DEW. just take a hard look at what that troopers sitting on. Lol
Now I always incourage donations how ever they come. Talk to them and mold the other players to your liking. If they can't be team players give them the boot. Plus your be surprised at how many other just ask and never give..
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

TKTB51
Major General

Post#3 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 am

if I don't care what's donated, I say "dump" and our squad knows they can dump whatever they want ... we're maxed on perks, so rep doesn't matter.

If I want snipers, or bikes, or jumps, that's what I request. If they fill with something else, then ... if it's a language issue, we try to work through it. If not, that's what the "kick" button is for, but I don't use it often.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:30 pm

All requests should state exactly what you want, eg "defensive", "attack", "snipers", "jets". The rule in our squad is that if you just have the "please send troops" you get whatever people throw at you. It's not that hard.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

TKTB51
Major General

Post#5 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:56 pm

CoolGuy wrote:All requests should state exactly what you want, eg "defensive", "attack", "snipers", "jets". The rule in our squad is that if you just have the "please send troops" you get whatever people throw at you. It's not that hard.

yep.

If I want jumps/snipers, I should ask for jumps/snipers. If you then give me dewbacks, then ... I'll be giving them to you in the future, so ... be ready for them. Mine are P level, so they're not shit, that's at least an upside to them.

I'm rediscovering the joys of dewbacks & darktroopers in attacks, now that mine are both P level.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

ForceMel
Major General

Post#6 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:11 pm

In my squads, if you can't cook what's being donated, don't send anything. We are patient enough to understand you will grow. Also, it doesn't matter if the unit being donated is a level one. It will go to whatever level the person receiving the donation has. For example, donate a level 1 sharpshooter to a player that has prestige level sharpies, and the donated unit will come over at prestige level.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:22 pm

@CoolGuy and @ForceMel gave two good points. Write what and for what you want, and explain to newbies that their Level 1 troops will be upgraded to the recipient's troop level, if the recipient has that same troop at a higher level. Many do not know this and so are afraid to donate to higher level players.

I've been to dozens of squads, and most had donation rules. The most bizarre thing I saw was not to use donations to attack, just for defense. If you asked for troops again, you would have to share the replay to prove that you lost the troops defending and not attacking. Risk of being removed.

A good rule is call your donation, say what and to whom you will donate, before donating to prevent your mate from receiving the duplicate unit in case someone asks for different units.

Establish what cannot be donated (droids, dewbacks, banthas, and so on) unless it was asked for some purpose such as deploying banthas/dewbacks, for example, and make sure everyone understands it.

Establish a simple pattern. Attack or defense? And what troops can be donated, so write "Atack" or "Defense" in the request.

If there is nothing but "Please send troops", then don't complain.

Many squads make donations a workhorse and I've seen several members/officers turn out to be true drama queens just because they received something they didn't ask for. If your squad is open to all, it is no use complaining because you has received 4 soldiers or banthas. Restrict access and interrogate recruits if they understood the donation rules before accepting them.

And I've seen officers who didn't like the member and sent the wrong troops on purpose. I've been through this myself, so instead of complaining, I only quit squad.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 pm

GangstaMick wrote:Do you get mad if lowbee reinforce your SC? And How do you handle it. Since everyone wants to give donation points to a guild? I would think the fewest of the least expensive troops would be a happy medium. So is Cannon Fodder okay to you?

Our squad knows that if there's a generic request for troops, to donate either jets/jumps or SMTT's. If it's not clear, they ask. The lower level players will ask if anyone needs units, if they need to hit objectives, and the senior members will shoot a request noting "Anything" or something similar. All it takes is communication. If I take cannon fodder, I will dump it, but I have no problem helping in that regard. I don't use squad center troops for attacks, so my requests are for defense only, in general. When I do request, it's for specific units. We are also much more careful in wars, where you want the highest level players doing the feeding when possible. Donating upward, it won't matter, as long as the right units are donated.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 pm

mkenobi wrote:I've been to dozens of squads, and most had donation rules. The most bizarre thing I saw was not to use donations to attack, just for defense. If you asked for troops again, you would have to share the replay to prove that you lost the troops defending and not attacking. Risk of being removed.

I have to laugh at this. The object is to win. You do what you have to in order to win. My squads always taught how to fight without using the squad center, but if you needed to, you used it. Also, in wars, it's almost a requirement to use it. My philosophy in war is you don't leave anything on the table. The squad center is an asset, so it's encouraged to use the squad center to help you kill the base.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

chicohound
Commodore

Post#10 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:25 am

It really doesn't bother me too much. I rarely use my SC if and when I do PvP attacks. Sometimes, if a squad mate posts they need to donate troops for a mission crate, I'll dump my SC in an attack so that squad mate can earn their crate.
I'm maxed on most units so helping my squad mates succeed is more important to me than getting a specific unit in my SC. Just dump your SC in a PvP attack and be grateful for helping others move up the ladder.
Also, use your squad perks and allow those people trying to fulfill their donation crate faster.

Return to “General Discussions”