***IMPORTANT: Record or Write Down your PLAYER ID + PIN located in Game Settings > Help

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

***IMPORTANT: Record or Write Down your PLAYER ID + PIN located in Game Settings > Help

Post#1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:03 am

:!: IMPORTANT: Take Screenshot or Write Down your PLAYER ID + PIN located in Game Settings > Help

OFFICIAL HELP: How do I find my Player ID and PIN in Star Wars™: Commander?

The "Pin" changes Monthly (see Screenshot).

:arrow: It is important to have BOTH your Player ID and the most recent Pin when contacting Zynga Support, especially if you lost access to your account.

:arrow: NOTICE: Valid PIN is Current Month and Previous Month

Posted For Future Reference
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: ***IMPORTANT: Record or Write Down your PLAYER ID + PIN located in Game Settings > Help

Post#2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 am

What's the point of saving the PIN if it keeps changing every month ?

DeathStriker

Re: ***IMPORTANT: Record or Write Down your PLAYER ID + PIN located in Game Settings > Help

Post#3 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:16 am

DarkRebel wrote:What's the point of saving the PIN if it keeps changing every month ?

DarkRebel - Why they started this is open to speculation, but I agree, the changing of the PIN may cause issues for a Player whom recorded one PIN on Sunday, the PIN is then changed automatically on Monday, and Player loses account on Tuesday before they have chance to see / record NEW PIN.

:arrow: Speculation: I am thinking that maybe the PIN changes automatically on the first of every Month but this still needs to be verified.

:arrow: I am monitoring this by recording the date / time of the recording of the previous PIN and comparing with "current" PIN, and looking for any "changes".

UPDATE:

Support E-Mail Sent to Zynga Asking For Clearification About PIN

I have sent e-mail to Zynga asking about the importance of having the "current month's" PIN and if a Player does not have the "current month's"
 PIN will they still be able to get Support like recover lost account.

:arrow: Will post response when received.

UPDATE 2:

:arrow: See Official Response in Main Topic Post
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Update

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:37 am

DeathStriker wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:What's the point of saving the PIN if it keeps changing every month ?

DarkRebel - Why they started this is open to speculation, but I agree, the changing of the PIN may cause issues for a Player whom recorded one PIN on Sunday, the PIN is then changed automatically on Monday, and Player loses account on Tuesday before they have chance to see / record NEW PIN.

:arrow: Speculation: I am thinking that maybe the PIN changes automatically on the first of every Month but this still needs to be verified.

:arrow: I am monitoring this by recording the date / time of the recording of the previous PIN and comparing with "current" PIN, and looking for any "changes".

I checked my Rebel HQ 11 PIN a few days ago and it really has changed since the last time I took a print while we were commenting here Public Service Announcement Regarding Account Recovery.

This will become a constant job now, especially for those with multiple accounts like me.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 am

I am not going to bother saving the PIN, if it's going to be changed every month.

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:59 am

mkenobi wrote:...while we were commenting here Public Service Announcement Regarding Account Recovery.

mkenobi - Thanks for posting. I had forgot that Spock already posted a similar Topic.

Support E-Mail Sent to Zynga Asking For Clearification About PIN

I have sent e-mail to Zynga asking about the importance of having the "current month's" PIN and if a Player does not have the "current month's"
 PIN will they still be able to get Support like recover lost account.

:arrow: See Official Response here.

UPDATE:

:arrow: See Official Response in Main Topic Post
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Update

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#7 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:17 am

What a fantastic way for Zynga to thin out the player numbers in preparation for the game's shutdown.

"You're locked out of your account? Did you take a screenshot? You did it last week? Oh, sorry, a new PIN was issued two days ago. You didn't screenshot that? What do you mean you didn't know? It's YOUR responsibility, not ours. Well, sorry, we can't restore your account and we can't help you."

Just wait. It's happening, folks. Lots of people are going to lose their accounts over this.
Playing since August 2014

Ghostie
Major General

Post#8 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 am

When this was first reported I was under the impression the PIN would be permanent. Now I hear a changing PIN ….total BS having to keep up with a PIN everyday/week/month or whatever the timetable is. If the unthinkable would ever happen (losing the access to your account) it could be a real cluster fuck trying to recover it if your not very diligent in logging and saving that PIN. Kinda makes you wonder again who is making these decisions as they don't seem like they were very well thought out.
Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:13 am

someone who doesn't have an ATM card ... could you imagine if the bank randomly changed your PIN every month and told you to log in to the website to get the new one and whoops, "you didn't say the magic word" and you were locked out of your funds?

stupid decisions made by lower level peons working in a third world country.

yes, these are "first world problems" we have here, but we spend money and we expect something for it.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:33 am

REMINDER: Record Your Player-ID and PIN

If you have not done so recently it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you record your Player ID and PIN.

:geek: See In-Game Settings > Help

• Copy / Paste Player-ID + PIN into separate Text Document

- OR -

• Take Screenshot and save at a location of your choice.

If you ever need to contact Zynga you will need the most recent Player-ID (which does not change) - AND - your most recent PIN (which changes Monthly)

The Valid PIN is Current Month or Previous Month - Zynga will accept either.

:arrow: MORE INFO: Click here

Forewarned is Forearmed...

Return to “General Discussions”