Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TKTB51
Major General

Re: Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

Post#21 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:33 pm

enjoy 9 as long as you can.

when you go 10, you almost have to go 11 as quickly as possible, and it's a VERY LONG grind.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#22 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 pm

I've just gone to HQ8 with my baby base and I'm very happy there. Event requirements remain the same and I can unlock jets if I choose to use them.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

BenGelu
Lieutenant

Post#23 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 pm

DarthStrutter wrote:
BenGelu wrote:I turned HQ9 two weeks ago and I can feel the biggest difference in much better defence capabilities with 4th shield and +7armory capacity. at HQ7 and HQ8 I suffered a lot of defence losses unfortunatelly.

I lost a ton of defenses lvl 9 as well but i was getting hit my fully maxed lvl 10 players so i quickly UG to 10

I don't say I don't get crushed anymore on lvl9, but defence win ratio has improved significantly.
Could be that layout change helped a little bit as well ;)
REBELRESISTANCE

DarthStrutter
Commander

Post#24 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:24 am

BenGelu wrote:
DarthStrutter wrote:
BenGelu wrote:I turned HQ9 two weeks ago and I can feel the biggest difference in much better defence capabilities with 4th shield and +7armory capacity. at HQ7 and HQ8 I suffered a lot of defence losses unfortunatelly.

I lost a ton of defenses lvl 9 as well but i was getting hit my fully maxed lvl 10 players so i quickly UG to 10

I don't say I don't get crushed anymore on lvl9, but defence win ratio has improved significantly.
Could be that layout change helped a little bit as well ;)

My ratio was terrible. This was also pre-armory. 3 separate times i lost 18-20 in a row. I was unhappy, lol

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#25 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:44 am

There's a lot of factors involved. Level 8 is a safer bet than 9, since medal count can push you into the level 10 matchmaking zone. It really comes down to how active you are. At over 40K medals at level 10, you will face a lot of Prestige players that have buffed turrets, gr, and loaded sc's. You could be forced to level up to Prestige. At level 9, you will probably start to see some of that at higher medal counts. Whether you run a mini base or not, also enters the equation. Once you start maxing out everything in your armory, medal counts and being at Prestige won't matter.

The biggest factors affecting the decision between level 8 or 9 in my mind, as an ideal are:

* Max or mini base.
* Are you regularly competing for uc's in conflicts?
* Jetpack armory level.
* Do you have MTT's/ITT's/A5's? What level?
* Is winning defense important to you? If so, are your armory levels high enough?
* Do you have sniper gr?
* Do you consider yourself a highly skilled player? Basically 3 star any base in wars, regardless of op's.
* As a level 8 or 9, can you take out most level 10's and Prestige bases in wars, with Tako or Tat?
* Are you planning on medal dumping, once you get to 30K to 40K?
* How often do you play?

The only other factor I might consider is access to specialty units like Itho's/Kubaz, A-Wings/Tie Advanced, etc. We have one player in our squad sitting at level 7. He seems to enjoy it, and can handle all outposts in wars up to and including level 9. Faction imbalance could come into play, but I have not seen it yet with my level 8 and 10 Imp bases vs. my rebel bases. Their medal counts are low though, and both are mini's. I don't play much on the Imp side, so maxing them out did not make sense. Using them mostly to test the AI on Imp units.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:54 am

lukeskywalker wrote:There's a lot of factors involved. Level 8 is a safer bet than 9, since medal count can push you into the level 10 matchmaking zone. It really comes down to how active you are. At over 40K medals at level 10, you will face a lot of Prestige players that have buffed turrets, gr, and loaded sc's. You could be forced to level up to Prestige. At level 9, you will probably start to see some of that at higher medal counts. Whether you run a mini base or not, also enters the equation. Once you start maxing out everything in your armory, medal counts and being at Prestige won't matter.

The biggest factors affecting the decision between level 8 or 9 in my mind, as an ideal are:

* Max or mini base.
* Are you regularly competing for uc's in conflicts?
* Jetpack armory level.
* Do you have MTT's/ITT's/A5's? What level?
* Is winning defense important to you? If so, are your armory levels high enough?
* Do you have sniper gr?
* Do you consider yourself a highly skilled player? Basically 3 star any base in wars, regardless of op's.
* As a level 8 or 9, can you take out most level 10's and Prestige bases in wars, with Tako or Tat?
* Are you planning on medal dumping, once you get to 30K to 40K?
* How often do you play?

The only other factor I might consider is access to specialty units like Itho's/Kubaz, A-Wings/Tie Advanced, etc. We have one player in our squad sitting at level 7. He seems to enjoy it, and can handle all outposts in wars up to and including level 9. Faction imbalance could come into play, but I have not seen it yet with my level 8 and 10 Imp bases vs. my rebel bases. Their medal counts are low though, and both are mini's. I don't play much on the Imp side, so maxing them out did not make sense. Using them mostly to test the AI on Imp units.

As CoolGuy said, HQ 8 is ideal to play Events because it requires minimal EP. HQ 9 is also good for Events, because the EP is basically the same as for HQ 6. For 10s and 11s, Events become a nightmare but for conflicts they have advantage of Dev bases with +1000 gears.

As LukeSkywalker has rightly commented, any level in this game can be perfect or a nightmare, it will depend on how much your base is upgraded and how many medals you have, and the special units you have and their level and Armory equipments.

I believe the secret of happiness in SWC is the number of medals. My experience as Rebel HQ 8 and HQ 9 are different. I win most of my attacks as HQ 8 maxed out but only 2k medals even against rivals above my level. I love wipe out full 9s, strong10s and sandbagging Prestiges during conflicts! Keep medals low and everything will be fine.

My HQ 9 even not being maxed out (no traps except LAAT and turrets Level 8) fights only Prestige that are in the same matchmaking than my HQ 11 due to its high medals. I should to drop medals, but I gave up PvP and I'm playing only wars with this base.

In a perfect matchmaking system - where you would only hit rivals of the same level - it would be boring since you would win any attack by 3-star once you have special troops and high Armory equipments.

The way the game is today, the dynamics are much better as it allows players themselves to adjust their experience according to these factors: base score, number of medals, individual ability and level of troops/equipments they have, and matchmaking can give you easier or harder rivals, regardless of these factors. It may not be ideal, but it is fine as long as players understand the importance of these factors for their gaming experience.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Booshidi
Lieutenant

Post#27 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Having been at level 9 for a few weeks, I wish I could go back to 8.

Conflicts and events suck. Upgrades suck. The credit/ore/ep cost of everything is so unnecessarily doubled going from 8 to 9. Especially when I keep getting bases with 40k to 200k resources in general.

I think if I’d stayed at lvl 8, I’d be enjoying this game much more. Right now, it’s a chore.

I’d love to see the devs focus on tuning time/cost to keep more people in this game. At the moment, I’m likely to quit fairly soon.

Cymraeg
Lieutenant

Post#28 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm

Keep plugging away mate. All high levels are a grind. Best advice. Find big rebs on the greens and hit them for the loot. Take the loss and always relocate. They usually revenge. Well they did normally. Thankfully my prestige base gave them happy welcome for being cowardly. You'll get your upgrades in no time.

Good luck mate.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#29 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Booshidi wrote:Having been at level 9 for a few weeks, I wish I could go back to 8.

Conflicts and events suck. Upgrades suck. The credit/ore/ep cost of everything is so unnecessarily doubled going from 8 to 9. Especially when I keep getting bases with 40k to 200k resources in general.

I think if I’d stayed at lvl 8, I’d be enjoying this game much more. Right now, it’s a chore.

I’d love to see the devs focus on tuning time/cost to keep more people in this game. At the moment, I’m likely to quit fairly soon.

You can always restart. I do not recommend anyone going to level 9 or above, unless they are a diehard, have high enough armory levels, and is very skilled. Level 9 and above will be a grind for a majority of players who decide to take the plunge. If your armory levels are 2 or below, it won't be hard to get back there with a restart. Just a matter of months, and you can enjoy the game for a long time going forward. The grind is only going to get worse if you try to push ahead, since you will accumulate more medals, causing worse matchups. It comes down to what you want out of the game and how much time you want to put into it.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#30 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:43 am

In support of Level 9 as the place to be, let me offer the following. When this week-long event ends tomorrow, my L9 Rebel base will have unlocked one unit and one elite skin, upgraded five units by at least one level, upgraded two skins by one level, and most of the upgrades were for units I use every day. I never saw a dev base! It truly doesn’t get much better then that for satisfying game play. In contrast, if I’d played one of my maxed out Prestige bases, I would have needed to attack almost twice as much, seen mostly dev bases, and would have been lucky to get a single level upgrade for a skin I never use on attack. Case closed.

Return to “General Discussions”