Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Booshidi
Lieutenant

Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:06 am

Late to the commander party. Currently a level 8 imp base. Everything I’ve read here is that there really is no benefit to level up past level 9. Level 9 gives you access to the second Droideka, sonic cannons, another factory, etc. It sounds like level 10 and prestige are just horror shows for getting fragments in events and conflicts; Cooking time becomes punitive; event EP and mid chapters are extremely expensive and time consuming (deploy 410 vehicles).

Can anyone share a benefit of leveling past 9?

Lord
Major General

Re: Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:27 am

Booshidi wrote:Late to the commander party. Currently a level 8 imp base. Everything I’ve read here is that there really is no benefit to level up past level 9. Level 9 gives you access to the second Droideka, sonic cannons, another factory, etc. It sounds like level 10 and prestige are just horror shows for getting fragments in events and conflicts; Cooking time becomes punitive; event EP and mid chapters are extremely expensive and time consuming (deploy 410 vehicles).

Can anyone share a benefit of leveling past 9?

You can get UC without spending any time attacking.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:47 am

HQ8 or 9 are great places to pause upgrading, until you have everything maxed out! I just upgraded my HQ9 to HQ10 because it was fully maxed, including all HD frags.

HQ8or9 is really nice for quickly collecting frags in Events but HQ10-P get more gears in conflicts per attack giving them the advantage there.

Some advantages to eventually upgrading to HQ10 are:
-the 3rd Factory,
-the level 10 upgrade in research adds more to each unit than any other level, about 10-15% of their max stats.
-the 12 extra unit capacity in transports (I like Squad Wars and although my HQ9s could take out most maxed out Prestige bases without OPs, there are a few where I appreciate the extra UC of the transports!)

I would definitely recommend staying at HQ8 or HQ9 until you have maxed out a lot of frags as frags are much easier to collect at those levels.

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:07 am

HQ 8 is the best as it has the one of the LOWEST EP Requirements (along with HQ 5 and HQ 7) and you can use Jets / Jumps if you want to.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:17 am

I spent over a year at 8, maybe six months at nine, and the last six months at ten and I like ten the best (so far). You can max out your dekas at ten and max out your armory research so you're done with it forever (for now, lol). At nine or ten, you'll be attacking prestige bases mostly, and it is a helluva lot easier at ten. Events are harder at ten, but quite a bit easier than at prestige.

212attackbattalion

Post#6 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:37 am

Is there a difference when it comes to events for lvl 8 and 9? Been thinking about upgrading to 9 but don't have as many frags but I keep my turrets weaker so that I don't get paired up with op opponents.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:39 am

212attackbattalion wrote:Is there a difference when it comes to events for lvl 8 and 9? Been thinking about upgrading to 9 but don't have as many frags but I keep my turrets weaker so that I don't get paired up with op opponents.

212attackbattalion - Yes.

:arrow: See the Objectives for Under Fire Event - Week #2 for comparison.

toname
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:20 am

Come on DS, I put in all this work on the wiki and you direct him to PJ? Lol

It's clearer to see the difference between 8 and 9 here:
http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index. ... re_Part_II

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:32 am

One thing that gets overlooked is that level 9 allows you to unlock that last planet for another heroic defense and more dailies.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 am

toname wrote:Come on DS, I put in all this work on the wiki and you direct him to PJ? Lol

It's clearer to see the difference between 8 and 9 here:
http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index. ... re_Part_II

toname - You are correct!

Both sources are good, but the SWC Wiki is easier to read! :D

Shelendil wrote:One thing that gets overlooked is that level 9 allows you to unlock that last planet for another heroic defense and more dailies.

Shelendil - Good Point! Something to consider.

Return to “General Discussions”