Everyone should review: INFO: Star Wars Commander Matchmaking System
MY MEDAL DUMP REPORT - HQ 8 (Max)
After a long time debating the Pros and Cons, and taking into account the success I had with my HQ 6 (see my Medal Dump Report found here), I finally decided for my HQ 8 (Max) Account (2nd Account) - MasterDoom - to dump all my Medals down to 1 (you can't have 0 Medals).
My HQ 8 (Max) at the start had approximatly 94K Medals (did not take a Starting Screenshot) and was seeing mostly HQ 10 thru HQ 11/Prestige Bases. Given this, it became painfully clear that if I continued to gain Medals it would become impossible to find any Bases at or near my current HQ Level of 8 given the current PvP Matchmaking Algorithm.
Like before for my HQ 6, I documented my "progress" and am now reporting my "observations" so as to help others possibly considering the same thing.
My HQ 8 Base was FULLY MAXED, with all Structures built, and did not change throughout the "Medal Dump Period".
MEDAL DUMP EFFORT RESULTS
Like before, the "effects" of dumping all my Medals down to 1 were "dramatic" (see HQ 8 - Attachment 1 below).
I NOTED that it wasn't until I reached approximately 10000 Medals that I stopped seeing mostly Prestige HQ Bases, and started seeing mostly HQ 8 thru HQ 10 Bases and perhaps a rare (at that point) *rushed* Prestige HQ Base. By this time I had already decided to continue my Medal Dumping Efforts and drop my Medals down to 1.
PvP DEFENSIVE ATTACK CHANGES: At 94K Medals I was rarely if ever attacked, but since dropping my Medals on my HQ 8 (Max) Base down to a RANGE of 1 to 1000 - I have seen an marked increase in the number of Defensive Attacks (mostly Wins) as shown by the following Screenshot:
My HQ 8 Base - Defensive Wins - Battle Log - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)
PvP OFFENSIVE ATTACK CHANGES: For my HQ 8 (Max) I now mostly see HQ 7 thru HQ 9 Bases, some with GR some with no GR, all "doable", on ALL Unlocked Planets, which had given me an improved ability to participate in All Conflicts.
MEDAL DUMP FINAL OBSERVATIONS AND ANALYSIS
- It was noted that as you decrease the Number of Medals you have it also decreases the Number of Medals you can "lose". I started out with the ability to lose up to 42 Medals (depending on Base) per PvP Defeat and by the end I was seeing the ability to lose only 12 Medals per PvP Defeat.
- Again, as I reported earlier, given the current Game Player Population, you can clearly see, that for Mid-Level Commanders with HQ 6 to HQ 8, it is advantageous to "dump Medals" down to 5000 or Less.
- Dumping Medals should increase the number of times you are Attacked and possibly Defensive Wins (if your Defenses are good).
- Medal Accumulation is a "End-Game Task" that is until you plan to Upgrade to HQ 9 or Higher you should not worry about earning / keeping Medals.
- The use of Medal Dumping along with other "strategies" like not building / upgrading various Structures all can help Mid-Level Commanders continue to Play and enjoy "reasonable" PvP Matchmaking.
Post any Comments both Pro and Con below...