Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 am

BACKGROUND: Due to the declining number of Game Players many have seen an increase in the number of Players whom "dump Medals" by purposly ending PvP Attacks early so as to lose Medals in order to improve their PvP Matchmaking.

:arrow: Everyone should review: INFO: Star Wars Commander Matchmaking System

MY MEDAL DUMP REPORT - HQ 6 (Upgrading to HQ 8)

After a long time debating the Pros and Cons I finally decided for my HQ 6 Account (my 3rd Account and Leader of Death_Striker Squad) to dump all my Medals down to 1 (you can't have 0 Medals) while at the same time do a Double-Upgrade from HQ 6 to HQ 8.

After considering my HQ 6 Starting Medal Count (see Starting Stats below) and the fact that My HQ 6 was seeing mostly HQ 9 thru HQ 11/Prestige Bases (see HQ 6 Attachment 1 below), it became painfully clear that if I continued to gain Medals it would get harder and harder (if not impossible) to find Bases at or near my current HQ Level of 6 given the current PvP Matchmaking Algorithm.

:arrow: Although, I knew that Upgrading to HQ 8 may not effectively change the levels of HQ's from that which my HQ 6 is currently seeing, it was my hope that my efforts of dumping all Medals would in effect remove the use of "Medals Count" in the ABR Calculation and thereby improve my PvP Matchmaking overall.

I documented my "progress" and am now reporting my "observations" so as to help others possibly considering the same thing.

BASE SCREENSHOT (At Start):

My HQ 6 Base (Prior To Start Medal Dump) - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)
** NOTE: In Before Screenshot you see where I started HQ 7 Upgrade.

STARTING STATS / STRUCTURE LEVELS:

1. Base Stats:

• Medal Count: 24,577
    • Base Score (GSoW): 1230
  2. Key Buildings:

• HQ Level: 6
    • SC Level: 6
    • Research Lab Level: 6
    • Troop Transports (all 3): 6
    • Armory: 2
  3. Unit Production Buildings:

• Barracks Level (all 3): 6
    • Factory Level (both 2): 6
    • Hero Command Level: 6
    • Starship Command Level: 6
  4. Resources Buildings:

• Credit Vaults (both 2): 6
    • Alloy Depot (both 2): 6
    • Credit Markets (all 6): 5 **
    • Alloy Factory (all 6): 5 **
    • Contraband Safehouse: 2
  5. Defenses:
    • Shield Level (all 3): 6
    • Turrets (all 12): 5 **
    • Droideka Sentinel: 5 **
    • X-Wing Trap (all 4): 1
    • Y-Wing Trap (both 2): 1
  6. Other Buildings:

• Scout Tower: 1
    • Planetary Command: 2
    • Banner (all 4): 1 (does not effect Base_Rating)
    • Walls (all): 5 (does not effect Base_Rating)
    • Droid Hut: 1
    ** = Upgradable Building for HQ 6.
BASE SCREENSHOT (At End):

My HQ 7 Base (After Medal Dump) - Rebel Faction
** NOTE: In After Screenshot you see where I completed HQ 7 Upgrade, built 1 extra Barracks (near Shield), and started HQ 8 Upgrade.

MEDAL DUMP EFFORT RESULTS

:arrow: The "effects" of dumping all my Medals down to 1 were "dramatic" (see Attachment 1 below).

Overnight, following the completion of my HQ Upgrade to Level 7, I immediately saw an marked increase in the number of Defensive Wins as shown by the following Screenshots:

My HQ 7 Base - First Defensive Wins #1 - Rebel Faction (I got Attacked 5 Times, 4 Wins, 1 Defeat)

My HQ 7 Base - First Defensive Wins #2 - Consolidated Battle Log - Rebel Faction

ENDING STATS / STRUCTURE LEVELS:

1. Base Stats:

• Medal Count: 1
    • Base Score (GSoW): 1259
  2. Structure Changes:

• HQ - Upgraded to Level 7
    • Research Lab - Upgraded to Level 7
    • Alloy Depot (1 of 2) - Upgraded to Level 7
    • Barracks - Added +1, Upgraded to Level 6
MEDAL DUMP FINAL OBSERVATIONS AND ANALYSIS

• It was noted that as you decrease the Number of Medals you have it also decreases the Number of Medals you can "lose". I started out with the ability to lose 28 Medals (depending on Base) per PvP Defeat and by the end I was seeing the ability to lose only 12 Medals per PvP Defeat.
  • As you can clearly see, that for Mid-Level Commanders with HQ 6 to HQ 8, it is advantageous to "dump Medals" down to 5000 or Less.
  • Dumping Medals should increase the number of times you are Attacked and possibly Defensive Wins (if your Defenses are good).
  • Medal Accumulation is a "End-Game Task" that is until you Upgrade to HQ 9 or Higher you should not worry about earning / keeping Medals.
  • The use of Medal Dumping along with other "strategies" like not building / upgrading various Structures all can help Mid-Level Commanders continue to Play and enjoy "reasonable" PvP Matchmaking.
    :arrow: IMPORTANT NOTE: I completed this Medal Dump Process during a time when PvP Matchmaking was experienceing the Loss Of Max Loot Dev Bases which may have had an effect on the reason behind my increase in Defensive Attacks as Player went looking for Resources.
AND NOW... To enjoy my "renewed" 3rd Account as I continue to play for the Months and Years (??) ahead. :D

Post any Comments both Pro and Con below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

MEDAL DUMP REPORT - Attachment 1

Post#2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 am

MEDAL DUMP REPORT - HQ 6 - Attachment 1

PvP Matchmaking - HQ 6 With 24000+ Medals - #1

PvP Matchmaking - HQ 6 With 24000+ Medals - #2

PvP Matchmaking - HQ 6 With 15000+ Medals

PvP Matchmaking - HQ 7 With 5000+ Medals (Now More Rare)

PvP Matchmaking - HQ 7 With 1 Medal - #1

PvP Matchmaking - HQ 7 With 1 Medal - #2

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Re: Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

Post#3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:12 am

This mirrors my experience with medal dumping and the affect that medals have on matchmaking and defense. I was doing it at HQ8 and now HQ9.

How long did it take you to dump all of those medals? I took one base from 30,000 down to 1000 but it took me months to do given that takes so much active time to drop medal and then I was collecting more during events and conflicts.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:23 am

Very nice report.

DS, can you open a support ticket and send this report to them ? With all the screen captures ?
Also in the support ticket, add a link to this forum topic.

The issue reported should be something like: Match making algorithm puts too much emphasis on medal count and should be adjusted.
Last edited by DarkRebel on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 am

Why would anyone bother to attack during conflict after seeing the stat?

Josketer
Major General

Post#6 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:32 am

The only thing I see there, is the large number of noobs attacking without some buff/skins.... Decrease my medal count for that ?
No thanks ... , Disney has already done it -
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 22--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:34 am

DeathStriker wrote:MEDAL DUMP FINAL OBSERVATIONS AND ANALYSIS

• It was noted that as you decrease the Number of Medals you have it also decreases the Number of Medals you can "lose". I started out with the ability to lose 28 Medals (depending on Base) per PvP Defeat and by the end I was seeing the ability to lose only 12 Medals per PvP Defeat.
  • As you can clearly see, that for Mid-Level Commanders with HQ 6 to HQ 8, it is advantageous to "dump Medals" down to 5000 or Less.
  • Dumping Medals should increase the number of times you are Attacked and possibly Defensive Wins (if your Defenses are good).
  • Medal Accumulation is a "End-Game Task" that is until you Upgrade to HQ 9 or Higher you should not worry about earning / keeping Medals.
  • The use of Medal Dumping along with other "strategies" like not building / upgrading various Structures all can help Mid-Level Commanders continue to Play and enjoy "reasonable" PvP Matchmaking.

Great post, DS! This is exactly my experience with my mini and full HQ 6 Rebel and Imperial, and my Rebel HQ 8 and Rebel HQ 9, in this game for more than 1 year.

Here my bases and my experience:

Imperial HQ 6 (now HQ 7) "Lord Avlis" -- with 2 turrets Level 1, NO TRAPS, 5 market/refinery and everything to Level 6, but with 25k medals, has a base score currently on 595. No changes in my matchmaking after the jump to HQ 7 as I am still can find most 6 and weaks 7 even with 25k medals. No need to dump medals yet.

Rebel HQ 6 "Wedge" (reaching HQ 7 in a few hours) -- maxed out to Level 6, but NO TRAPS, with a base score of 1121, and currently +2k medals finds most HQ 7 and a few weak HQ 8. Medal dumping is imperative.

HQ 8 Rebel "mkenobi II" -- maxed out to level 8 (EVEN TRAPS -- my greatest mistake), with a base score of 2112, together with +10k medals pushed this base to HQ 10/11 matchmaking what made impossible keep playing for months until the recent medal dumping to 3k medals. Anyway with 3k medals, most of my rivals still are HQ 9, some are easy to 3 starsand others I need to skip. Medal dumping is imperative.

HQ 9 Rebel "Watchman" -- even with 6 refinery/market level 6, and 6 turrets level 1, and NO TRAPS except the 2 LAAT, it was matched with full Prestige bases after reach +35k medals. Even dropping medals to 27k it kept finding most Prestiges, then I gave up of medal dumping and PvP, and I am building and upgrading all turrets to play only wars with this base from now on. With a base Score of 1870, and level 8 turrets (still NO TRAPS except LAAT traps), now all my rivals are Prestige due to the turrets upgrades.

My considerations:

1) You can keep medals if you are running a 2 turrets Level 1 mini/sandbagging base for a long time, but at certain point (about +30k medals), you will be thrown in the matchmaking of the big dogs no matter how low your base score is.

2) If you are maxed out to your HQ level, you will find rivals 1 level above you most of the time. Medal dumping is essential to prevent you of being matched with rivals 2-3 levels above.

3) If you are maxed out and high medals (more than 30k medals) -- you are dead.

In my opinion, Traps are a base score killer. Don't build any trap, only the IDT/LAAT traps at HQ 9. And don't max out your turrets, keep turrets one level below your HQ level but with high level Armory equipments. And I believe +30k medals it's some kind of boundary from where you start to be matched only with the biggest bases no matter how much is your base score.

I don't like the idea of medal dumping, but I did it for over a year while my main imperial base was HQ 8 to avoid finding HQ 10 at that time (today it would be Prestige), and some here used to laugh. Now, like Prestige, I'm laughing at all these medal dumpers that desperately lose attacks day after day against my base.

As Prestige you will continue to meet strong rivals with many Armory equipments, and there is no one above you - for a Prestige medal dumping can be a huge waste of time as it's not really effective as if you are at HQ 6, 7 or 8.

Anyway, everyone is free to play the game however they want. And all these changes we are seeing in the Matchmaking now can be a trying of the Devs to fix all this mess about medals and base score in the current SWC Matchmaking System.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am

TLDR.
So is medal dumping an effective way to farm defense wins? Was thinking of a strat of farming Hoth and then parking on Tat overnight for defense wins and therefore crates.

Call me scum if you wish but I have genuinely never attempted it. My base is hard ground and just want level pegging.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:06 am

After seeing all of this, I am really curious to know the approx if not exact player base currently in SWC.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:58 am

mkenobi wrote:And all these changes we are seeing in the Matchmaking now can be a trying of the Devs to fix all this mess about medals and base score in the current SWC Matchmaking System.

I have a feeling that they are not doing anything to the matchmaking algorithm. My suspicion is that dev bases are on a timer and that timer ran out; the devs need to go and reset it for another couple of months.

Return to “General Discussions”