EVENT: Under Fire - Salvage Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: EVENT: Under Fire - Salvage Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:11 am

MTT is a very powerful unit. (There's a very good reason why trucks are banned from restricted NO-NO wars or be limited to 3.)
To say that it's not but then compete vigourly to unlock and level up to highest level is just hypocrisy.
I don't think they should change the UC to 25 as one member suggested (that's just a bad suggestion, as that would effective add another useless unit to the list. No one would use MTT at 25UC).
I am all for improving offense, but as I had suggested before they should not allow more than 3 mercs per attack load to avoid spamming MTTs.

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#22 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:24 am

The ITT is far more of a problem than the SMTT due to the targeting of dark troops. Take just 4 ITTs and place one in each corner, the wagons wipe everything and the dark troops head over and kite all the turrets whilst your ATAT / Vader and jumps zerg steam through the centre being ignored by most turrets and sonics firing off into the corners.

SMTT is just for brute force down the centre. If you cant defend against it you clearly suck tbh. The wagon itself is actually pretty weak.2 rocket bursts and they're gone.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:37 am

Therealharbinger wrote:The ITT is far more of a problem than the SMTT due to the targeting of dark troops. Take just 4 ITTs and place one in each corner, the wagons wipe everything and the dark troops head over and kite all the turrets whilst your ATAT / Vader and jumps zerg steam through the centre being ignored by most turrets and sonics firing off into the corners.

SMTT is just for brute force down the centre. If you cant defend against it you clearly suck tbh. The wagon itself is actually pretty weak.2 rocket bursts and they're gone.

When I got the ITTs at level 1 they pretty much sucked at everything! Even against dev bases... Now that I have them at level 3 they are rocking dev bases but they are still completely useless against player bases. I am hoping that I can get a few levels in they event and that they will become more useful in PvP! At the very least they will get better are wiping out dev bases!

At any level, they rock in Squad Wars with Tattoine!

DeathStriker

Post#24 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:57 am

FOR THOSE WHOM MAY HAVE MISSED IT...

:arrow: CRYSTAL REWARDS: Objective #6 in both Weeks rewards 100 Crystals - AND - Objective #18 in both Weeks rewards 250 Crystals - for a TOTAL OF 350 Crystals per Week! :D

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Lord
Major General

Post#25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:01 am

DeathStriker wrote:FOR THOSE WHOM MAY HAVE MISSED IT...

:arrow: CRYSTAL REWARDS: Objective #6 in both Weeks rewards 100 Crystals - AND - Objective #18 in both Weeks rewards 250 Crystals - for a TOTAL OF 350 Crystals per Week! :D

You should also take account the insane objective 11 and 23

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#26 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:26 am

Lord wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:FOR THOSE WHOM MAY HAVE MISSED IT...

You should also take account the insane objective 11 and 23

Do like some here suggested and empty your HQ of all those useless bikes probes whatnots from endless crates. Big housecleaning… trade medals for quick progress
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 am

When SMTTs were first introduced there were good value crates as well, with guaranteed frags for this unit, not the usual random put luck

I haven't spent money on this game yet, but if there were guaranteed SMTT frags, I'd be tempted.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Josketer
Major General

Post#28 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:22 pm

mkenobi wrote:This is like a good dream after the 5th anniversary nightmare...

I do not agree that they need to nerf the SMTT. It is a powerful unit, yes of course it is, but it is not the salvation of PvP, nor guarantee that you will 3 star every top base with a loadout of 11 Level 10 SMTTs - because you will not.

Ok, tell it to Decepticon, the master of defenses won of the history in the SWC....

This is not an attack of mine. But you can see the 2 SMTT used for it. Both are Level 5 and them was survive until the end of battle..

Surely, I will have exaggerated with this unit to be nerfed or to increase its uc to 25 places ... who knows ?
In a few months we will know....
:twisted:
Josketer, Battle for the Galaxy !
Argentos Squad ,Top Squad, Ranking Position : 110 - War victories : 275 - Won wars row : 131 Squad Position: Director
Another galaxy that we will also dominate ! 8-)
Youtube channel : Josketer

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#29 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:12 am

^Decepticon isnt actually that hard to take down, it's all about the placement and not trying to steam roll through the middle. I've done itna few times. His base just isnt set up for itt and smtt attacks now.
Where these units struggle is against 3GR bases with all sonics as the GR just slows them right down for the sonics to pick off. Go up against a burst farm and they'll roll right through it.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:30 am

I don't speak for others, I talk about Rebels attacking my Imperial HQ 11 with full MTT loadout and not getting 3 stars. So far, no one has gotten 3 stars - not even a guy with 11 MTTs Level 10 (132 UC), and he came close (+ 90%), and if he had used SC he might have gotten 3 stars. Then, SC and ships still are required.

And who can run a loadout of 11 MTTs on each attack during conflicts other than wallet warriors? So I don't think the Devs are going to release a second Cantina someday, they now have a money machine with MTT.

As Therealharbinger said, it's just a matter of layout, and what kind of turret combination the defender uses - I think GR is irrelevant because GR only helps to delay the enemy attack. I use buffed Bursts/Sonics, and wall bracing, plus Rodians/MHC/Storms GR.

MTTs are slow, they are great against compacted bases; you can't go with a full loadout against spreaded bases, and worse if they are totally surrounded by reinforced walls, it will delay the attack and time will run out before they hit the last buildings. Sonics destroy them in two shots.

Like I said, if I get 2 stars using MTTs against bases that would kick my ass if I was using a simple Jump-Jet/TX loadout, that's fine with me. But ITT/AA5 still are better units for PvP and wars.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Return to “General Discussions”