This is so enjoyable.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
toni112007
Lieutenant

This is so enjoyable.

Post#1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:15 am

Thanks for not fixing your flawless matchmaker Zynga. Working as it should. Why fix what isn't broken. Getting matched by higher levels should happen, its more of a challenge after all. Doesn't everybody agree? I myself like getting my base wiped out every single time by a higher level fully upgraded player, who wouldn't enjoy that? When your base gets obliterated by a higher level full p2w whale player you learn your base weakness and improve its defense. This is why I enjoy and love this game. And no I won't dump my medals down, cause why make the game actually playable for myself when being playable is not a challenge.

TKTB51
Commodore

Re: This is so enjoyable.

Post#2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 am

in the game, take a look at my base: DarkLords | TK-TB51

I'm on Tat and had seven defense wins overnight, no losses.

Spread your stuff out - don't protect your resource generators or storage - you can't ever generate enough yourself to make a meaningful dent in upgrading stuff (it's all from "vikings raids"), so why protect those?

Take your eggs and put them deep in a basket and surround it with turrets. Burst turrets all the way. With Armory skins (both types).

EDIT: I have about 43k medals and don't believe in dumping. I also don't believe in sandbagging - I'm pretty fully upgraded across all elements of my base. But, yeah, that's a rough string of losses. Sometimes you just have those.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

toni112007
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am

TKTB51 wrote:in the game, take a look at my base: DarkLords | TK-TB51

I'm on Tat and had seven defense wins overnight, no losses.

Spread your stuff out - don't protect your resource generators or storage - you can't ever generate enough yourself to make a meaningful dent in upgrading stuff (it's all from "vikings raids"), so why protect those?

Take your eggs and put them deep in a basket and surround it with turrets. Burst turrets all the way. With Armory skins (both types).

EDIT: I have about 43k medals and don't believe in dumping. I also don't believe in sandbagging - I'm pretty fully upgraded across all elements of my base. But, yeah, that's a rough string of losses. Sometimes you just have those.

Yes, I am on Tatt too. Getting attacked very often right now. Last two defences I won cause enemy was lv 7 troops (I am lv8). But my base doesn't work at all against lv 9. My Armory is: Burst and Rocket turret attack buff (lv3), dewback (lv1) and sniper (lv2) GR. Most of my buffs are small level unfortunately...

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:09 am

yeah, if you don't have GR buffs at reasonable levels (mine are a mix of 5s through 8s), then it's tough.

I don't really know how anyone new to the game can enjoy it - having a head start on those is a big problem to overcome.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 am

GR: not the critical thing for winning defences these days. Having all bursts with with both skins on along any GR at any level for the remaining slots and you win 90%+ defences. GR:sniper with skin is nice but not required; the entire purpose of the GR is to give your bursts more time to melt those jets. If you are at HQ10+ then replace a few of the burst turrets with sonics.

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:07 am

Agree 110% with the last sentence - I have 18 bursts, 4 sonics, mix of 10s and 11s.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:33 am

I do have a big laugh when the big prestige rebels fail against my level 9 base...

...especially when later in the day I find them with my prestige base (which they never attack) and utterly oblitorate them ...

#Darkside #Matchmaking #ThisGameIsFUBAR
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 164,500 medals

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#8 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:19 am

Getting attacked and beaten can be aggravating (well I know after so many years), but I feel I should remind all that this game is, above all, an offense-oriented game. In the current event reward system, for instance, there is no penalty for a defensive loss. If you can’t find opponents you can attack and beat, you have valid grounds for complaint. If you get attacked and beaten, it just means some one else found a base she/he could beat. That’s a good thing, big picture. I admit, high level Prestige has been frustrating lately, with the need to lean so heavily on dev bases to UC conflicts or complete events. On the other hand, the level 9 base I’m also playing is seeing plenty of similar, beatable opponents on offense, and getting mostly defensive wins. I may abandon one of my Prestige Rebel bases and start another new base (maybe an Imp base? I haven’t played Imp for several years). There is still plenty of fun in this game.

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#9 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 am

yes, it's a game biased towards attacking - that's obvious when you look at the costs for upgrades (Prestige Burst Turret, 6.5 mm alloy - I'm looking at you).

There's no way you could possibly generate that level of resources from your own buildings (much less hold on to them while they accumulate) - the only way is to attack and steal shit from the other side (or dev/robo bases).

So, yes, the bias towards attacking is inherent in the game.

That said, I have 4300+ attack wins and 3000+ defense wins, so it's not as strong a bias - but I have no way of knowing how many attack losses or defense losses I've accumulated - that's not a metric that I have access to.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#10 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:38 am

Tatooine is a rebel planet. Go to a green planet, and you won't be attacked nearly as much.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Return to “General Discussions”