What Was Your Windows Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: What Was Your Windows Squad

Post#11 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 pm

CoolGuy wrote:RogueEwokCarnage - destroying Imperials until Windows finished, now RogueEwokReturn. I had a fully completed level 10 base and received 460k crystals in compensation. Now have a largely inactive Prestige base as Prestige sucks.

I understand your feeling. When I saw the 445,000 crystals on my then Imperial HQ 6, I thought: Great, now I do not need to ever play this game anymore... Just use crystals. Two years later, I still have 73k crystals and nothing to do except the last Prestige upgrades, for turrets and resources generators. Today my Imperial Prestige is mere feeder to my HQ 6 but rarely I play as Imperial because I prefer to play as Rebel.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Calboy
Captain

Post#12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Why was compensation offered guys ?

I played on a amazon device until jan this year and had to migrate due to closure of amazon access to SWC.

Was not this the same scenario ?
Jade’s_Fire Squad

ForceMel
Major General

Post#13 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Calboy wrote:Why was compensation offered guys ?

I played on a amazon device until jan this year and had to migrate due to closure of amazon access to SWC.

Was not this the same scenario ?

No, it was completely different. Back in the day, there were two separate servers. There was an Android/iOS server, and a completely separate Windows server. The Windows server was completely independent of the Android/ios servers. You couldn't attack a Windows base with an Android base, and vice versa.

When they shut down the Windows server, there was no way to transfer the base to the Android/ios servers. The bases were all lost.

You being on Amazon, were actually on the Android/ios servers. You could save the game via facebook, and log in from another device, either Android, or ios. Your game would not be lost.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#14 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 pm

I do remember the 5 player wars, there was a certain appeal to those. Really a drag they could not salvage Windows, starting over even with crystals was not pleasant. I've not heard of anyone getting frags, I thought I was nearly going to get frags, I had so many emails back and forth to Frank in support just to get the crystal support, and some players I know got none for migration.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

Boge
Commander

Post#15 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 am

I was in Kiwirebels2 and had nearly maxed out Level 10 base. I think I got 445.000 Crystal, don't remember. Still I have 119.000 Crystal to spend.

Kiwirebels2 was in top 80 bases on the ranking. Around half of the players quit. 13-14 players continue over, but now we got around 8 players in Elvenrebels that still plays.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Boge - Officer in ElvenRebels
Former officer in the Windows squad - Kiwirebels2

Crankyface
Commander

Post#16 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Was in Karnage, most of the squad came over to Android/IOS to form the new Karnage :). i received 514k in crystals to start over.
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#17 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:51 pm

IMPERIALS. long story blah blah
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

geoman48
Admiral

Post#18 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 am

I was part of NSW Rebels. I think we were the top (or close to it) Rebel squad on Windows SWC. I had over 60K medals on Windows and wasn't even in the top 15 of players there, several had 144K medals (or whatever the max was back then). I got zero crystals for my base, but I let the squad leader of that NSW squad redeem some crystals for me. He got in line with what was mentioned above.

Return to “General Discussions”