To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is my question.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
toname
Commodore

To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is my question.

Post#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 am

I am about ready to begin my upgrade to HQ9 and I am wondering, should I bother? I play all aspects of the game, war, HD, conflicts, events, and after reading about how much difficulty many people have at the higher levels, is it worth it?

I have gotten at least 2 levels worth of frags in every relevant conflict since I started in January, but it seems like grinding will be much harder. Hero build times take a stupidly large jump after level 7, for the most part. I can usually turn around to the next fight in under 5 minutes right now, but when hero builds get to 7+ minutes, that is going to be a significant chokepoint. Same with shocks doubling their cook time from lvl 7 to 8. Add that in with the matchmaking and cnfo and it seems like a lot more effort.

I am a completionist/collector, and want to get all the frags in the game, but it'd also be nice to build everything too. Enjoying the grind break at the moment, but simultaneously annoyed that I can't collect frags for rancors at my level.

I also drop medals to bring matchups to a reasonable level so that I can 3* 90% of matchups and be more efficient when grinding.

With outposts, I can currently clear almost any base in wars, so the HQ upgrade isn't really necessary from an offensive standpoint, though it would help on the defensive side.

Thoughts?

DeathStriker

Re: To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is my question.

Post#2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am

toname wrote:I am about ready to begin my upgrade to HQ9 and I am wondering, should I bother?

Thoughts?

toname - I would hold off Upgrading and stay a HQ 8 for a while longer as HQ 5's, HQ 7's, and HQ 8's have the easiest EP Requirements (for Objectives) and thus enable you to quickly advance and get to those Elite Event Crates faster.

HQ 9 does give you some new structures and ability to Upgrade more but unless you have nearly Level 10 on most Elite Units / Armory Equipment I would hold off for now.

THAT SAID... Each Commander makes their own path to Success... choose wisely...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

toname
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 pm

DeathStriker wrote:HQ 9 does give you some new structures and ability to Upgrade more but unless you have nearly Level 10 on most Elite Units / Armory Equipment I would hold off for now.

Maxed out Kessen, Shock and Decimator in the last event.
I have frags for lvl 9 Shoretrooper and TX-225, but that is it.

Level 7 sand and snow trooper skins, turret mounting
Level 6 Sniper GR, all jet skins, Naval Officer, AT-ACT, CW MHC, turret heat sinks
Level 5 for all other GR, CW AT-MP

All told, about 32% of total available elite frags earned, in 4.5 months since I built my armory. Just finished maxing out my Basic equipment, which will help with the turret skins.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 pm

I have 2 accounts at HQ 9, one rebel and one imperial. I kept them at HQ8 until I had maxed out all building upgrades and all basic units were researched to level 8. In January of this year I finally upgraded to HQ9 and I have no regrets! My opponents are about the same difficulty, which is to say that if I let my medals get too high I only face maxed Prestige bases, but it was the same at HQ8... The EP requirements are a little higher than HQ8 but nowhere close to as insane and HQ10, and I easily get more frags with these accounts than with my Prestige account. I plan on keeping them at HQ9 for a long time, at least until they have maxed out all of the frags available in the events!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 pm

I found level nine to be much easier than level 8. I would upgrade if the base is done and the main research is done. Having a fourth shield helps a ton on defense, and the oppressor is nice. You also get a shot at three extra bronzium crates per day. Tako was my final planet to unlock, and I found the attacking there easier than anywhere else.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:18 pm

I would recommend sitting at level 8 and accumulating and maxing out your frag upgrades. If you are enjoying the game at your level, stay there. There is certainly some fun to be had at level 9, 10 and Prestige, but it will most certainly take more time and effort at those levels. The time trade-off is the biggest consideration.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

toname
Commodore

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Boog wrote:I found level nine to be much easier than level 8. I would upgrade if the base is done and the main research is done. Having a fourth shield helps a ton on defense, and the oppressor is nice. You also get a shot at three extra bronzium crates per day. Tako was my final planet to unlock, and I found the attacking there easier than anywhere else.

Everything is done but 48 droid-days of traps, 1 turret, and the resource generators, which I skip because I loot all that I need.

I saved Er'Kit for last since it's by far the most difficult to place on.

4th shield, oppressor and heal-ship samples are definitely the biggest pros to the move up.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

toname wrote:
Boog wrote:I found level nine to be much easier than level 8. I would upgrade if the base is done and the main research is done. Having a fourth shield helps a ton on defense, and the oppressor is nice. You also get a shot at three extra bronzium crates per day. Tako was my final planet to unlock, and I found the attacking there easier than anywhere else.

Everything is done but 48 droid-days of traps, 1 turret, and the resource generators, which I skip because I loot all that I need.

I saved Er'Kit for last since it's by far the most difficult to place on.

4th shield, oppressor and heal-ship samples are definitely the biggest pros to the move up.

I think for Prestige rebels, Er'Kit might be the 2nd easiest planet to UC on. Yes, the threshold is high, figuring over 80K in general. However, it's almost all dev bases with many giving 1000+ gears. No starships needed. Tat is the easiest, because of the low thresholds. That's been my experience, but I suspect everyone else has their own.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

toname
Commodore

Post#9 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:31 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I think for Prestige rebels, Er'Kit might be the 2nd easiest planet to UC on.

This topic regards my Imp base, and my Rebel base just got to level 8, so Er'Kit is still the last one I'll unlock.

Lord
Commodore

Post#10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:53 pm

If you are tired of the endless boring conflicts, you can upgrade HQto 10 and make this game a relaxing game for good. HQ defence and wars are enough for necessary frags upgrade. Most of the time the units in the activities are useless except MTT/ITT/Kubaz. So feel free to upgrade and make your life much more easier!

Return to “General Discussions”