Overwhelming Power of New Units

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Admiral

Overwhelming Power of New Units

Post#1 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:58 am

Most of you have probably noticed, but recently introduced units have been significantly buffed. How buff are they exactly? Well, they're Larry to Spongebob buff.
Just for clarity, please see below some comparisons with the ATDP/ATTE and T2B/ATST.

ATDP / ATTE
LVL1:
HP: 61.440 / 76.800
DPS: 3.075 / 3.837
Cooktime: 7m28s / 9m20s
Cap: 16 / 20
Speed: 10 / 10

ATST / T2B
LVL11:
HP: 44.265 / 41.360
DPS: 3.564 / 1.636
Cooktime: 5m10s / 3m40s
Cap: 10 / 7
Speed: 30 / 18

Lol, I never noticed the speed 18 on the T2B. Did they buff or nerf the speed at some point? I remember that originally they just had single digit speeds but added the second digit to get more granular control. :?:
You know, looking at the stats between the T2B and the ATST I can't help but admire how they attempted to balance the 2 while respecting the idea of Stronger Mech Empire.

Donut wagon LVL1:
HP: 48.300
DPS: 3.388
Cooktime: 2m40s
Cap: 12
Speed: 20

Party bus LVL1:
HP: 42.000
DPS: 3.096
Cooktime: 1m20s
Cap: 12
Speed: 18

What we have here are units with stats rivaling that of prestige lvl ATSTs and T2Bs and that's ignoring that they're spawning additional units during battle. A lvl5 Dowutin is pretty beastly it spawns every 25 seconds and throws grenades. While Wookies and Dark Troopers aren't much to write home about as far as damage goes, but they're 6'5", 220, and there's two of them. They're perfect shields. So the effective health and damage output is much higher on both units.
So that means that at lvl1, you're looking at units far far superior than prestige lvl generalist mech. That's pretty amazing. They cook faster, they move faster/equal than/to the T2B, they spawn units. The only downside is the size. Though the difference is a bit smaller for the ATST.

I put the ATDP/ATTE in there as well for further comparison. Technically, both at the ultimate base vehicles that you can make with stats far surpassing everything else. Yet both new units have similar DPS while having a lot less health. However both ATDP/ATTEs are near useless thanks to terrible speed and huge capacity. The new troop transports easily trounce our "ultimate" units in virtually all situations.

Now these stats allow them to become viable in PVP, but obviously, this presents a big problem in wars.

However, let's look on another brightside. Unlike for example Togs these units are usable straight out of the box the moment you record your unboxing video. In addition, also unlike Togs these guys have the cooktime to actually allow you to abuse them.

So why did they give these units such massive strengths?
Is it because they're trying to shake up the meta?
Is it because they've heard our complaints that the insane frag requirement for certain older event units means that they're not worth going after? (also called the prestige player problem)
Or is it actually just a big fat carrot for the whales pouring money into the game?

What are your thoughts? I'd love to believe it's number 2, but that they overlooked how broken these are for everything else. But honestly, I expect it's option 3.

But let's say that it's option 2, then this is actually a good try, but they went overboard with it and I hope that they will re-evaluate.

I fully expect the next units to also be this strong.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Josketer
Major General

Re: Overwhelming Power of New Units

Post#2 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:32 am

The reality is that we Imperials use neither AT-ST nor AT-DP, except in wars. They are not units that serve us against buffed turrets and take up a lot of space in the transport ships. .The low level players may use them, because they do not have many options, but once they unlock the Rodians and the buffs of the jumpers, the use of the at-st and atdp are over.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Josketer
Major General

Post#3 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am

The only mercenary worth training is the Lugga. Now this new Donut wagon is added.
The other mercenaries ...... mehhh! Waste of time.
Except in wars and depending on which is the target to attack !
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 am

Josketer wrote:The only mercenary worth training is the Lugga. Now this new Donut wagon is added.
The other mercenaries ...... mehhh! Waste of time.
Except in wars and depending on which is the target to attack !

Never underestimate the power of a sexy fire lady.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 163,750 medals

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 am

I use a gamo with Lord Vader on pretty much every attack (a lugg is pretty useless for Vader), and the buffed ATST's that spawn with him are killer, which makes it worthwhile to drop a few more atst's into the mix. With Vader drawing turret fire, and sharps/sullustans looking to kill infantry (and doing a shitty job of it with their laughable infantry multiplier), the buffed ATST's are freakign wrecking balls.

Josketer
Major General

Post#6 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 am

My armies works well.. No gamos,neither twileks, toghnaths,etc.. Only 1 or 2 Lugga ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eYJe63sjF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y3A30seOn0

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#7 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:07 pm

TNT wrote:<cut>

So why did they give these units such massive strengths?
Is it because they're trying to shake up the meta?
Is it because they've heard our complaints that the insane frag requirement for certain older event units means that they're not worth going after? (also called the prestige player problem)
Or is it actually just a big fat carrot for the whales pouring money into the game?

What are your thoughts? I'd love to believe it's number 2, but that they overlooked how broken these are for everything else. But honestly, I expect it's option 3.

But let's say that it's option 2, then this is actually a good try, but they went overboard with it and I hope that they will re-evaluate.

I fully expect the next units to also be this strong.

I suspect it's a combination of all three, but with an emphasis on 2 and 3. Money is definitely always a part of it, but I do think they wanted the unit to have some value straight from the get go.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.
Yes, it would do well against war base (no equipment), but against real PVP bases, I don’t see L1-2 trucks being too powerful.
It’s a good unit, and fun to use.

Ghostie
Major General

Post#9 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.
Yes, it would do well against war base (no equipment), but against real PVP bases, I don’t see L1-2 trucks being too powerful.

I agree 100%....go to Hoth and hit Decepticon, Nora, or Spanish Dad.....or go to Yavin with the Knight's Templar guys, Fruitbowl Mafia, Striker Rebel, Pops, Nuggie, Rebel Scummer, and Leprecaun Shawn...Hit some of the max Shelendil style bases ,the Marlon style bases, and the Easy Company style bases and you'll need every bit of the health/firepower these so called "overpowered" units provide... they are vital to compete with these guys/gals.

With that being said the new Death Donut is in my opinion the most dominant unit introduced to the game since I have been playing. It also is in my opinion the only true pay to max unit we have seen...correct me if I am wrong, but the crates were 100% draws for the Death Donut. We haven't seen crate odds like this before? right? This was truly a buy me to max unit if you had the extra cash...and a dag gone good one at that.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#10 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Ghostie wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.

I agree 100%....go to Hoth and hit Decepticon, Nora, or Spanish Dad.....or go to Yavin with the Knight's Templar guys, Fruitbowl Mafia, Striker Rebel, Pops, Nuggie, Rebel Scummer, and Leprecaun Shawn...Hit some of the max Shelendil style bases ,the Marlon style bases, and the Easy Company style bases and you'll need every bit of the health/firepower these so called "overpowered" units provide... they are vital to compete with these guys/gals.

With that being said the new Death Donut is in my opinion the most dominant unit introduced to the game since I have been playing. It also is in my opinion the only true pay to max unit we have seen...correct me if I am wrong, but the crates were 100% draws for the Death Donut. We haven't seen crate odds like this before? right? This was truly a buy me to max unit if you had the extra cash...and a dag gone good one at that.

Yes, the Death Donut crates were 100% draws. I don't mind spending money if I know exactly what I'm getting. If it's luck of the draw, I may as well spend that money in Vegas!
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”