NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Salvage Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#161 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Shelendil wrote:Every time you say van, I think vanguard. Definitely trains.

Definitely I don't know how to call that thing, my neurons are getting too gray to memorize the names of all units in this game... Anyway, it doesn't look like a van, a truck or a train. I think it's the worse and poorly designed unit in this game, all animation is poor, I bet my 4 year old great-nephew is able to draw a better unit.

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Nevermind, guys, and thanks to XitLiteNtrNite for the link of the video, but I am talking about someone attacking a Live Prestige base full of high level GR, buffed jets/jumps/rodians in SC and buffed turrets with Vans at Level 10.

I still believe that 12+ lvl10 SMTTs (inventory + SC) with 8 heal ships will 3* pretty much any base. PvP may be a bit harder as you don't have time to properly scout the base, but that is a lot of firepower and GR will struggle to deal with it. By the end of the attack there will be dozens of lvl8 Dows + 10+ SMTTs left + E ATAT and they will simply plow through anything they stumble upon in the defensive SC.

That said, the cook time alone would be hours, and the payout would be well below dev bases. So I'll stick with my 5 minute cooks, use zero air, and get my 3* attacks in during PvP, and spend the long cooks for wars (though I rarely get to use smtts as they are on the restricted list for no-op wars).

I think you are right. I saw in the other post this is an unit that can be leveled to Prestige. But how many players can build it at Level 10 today? The Dowutin van/truck/train came to add strength in an attempt to help the game become more offensive and give more loadout options, but not to make a difference against a top Prestige base. These bases are practically impossible for 3 stars with the current units for attack available...

For bases with poor layout and weak defensive equipments, 4 or 5 of these units can devastate everything quickly, as I have done against some Rebel bases I can find from time to time.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#162 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:35 pm

mkenobi wrote:
Shelendil wrote:Every time you say van, I think vanguard. Definitely trains.

Definitely I don't know how to call that thing, my neurons are getting too gray to memorize the names of all units in this game... Anyway, it doesn't look like a van, a truck or a train. I think it's the worse and poorly designed unit in this game, all animation is poor, I bet my 4 year old great-nephew is able to draw a better unit.

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Nevermind, guys, and thanks to XitLiteNtrNite for the link of the video, but I am talking about someone attacking a Live Prestige base full of high level GR, buffed jets/jumps/rodians in SC and buffed turrets with Vans at Level 10.

I still believe that 12+ lvl10 SMTTs (inventory + SC) with 8 heal ships will 3* pretty much any base. PvP may be a bit harder as you don't have time to properly scout the base, but that is a lot of firepower and GR will struggle to deal with it. By the end of the attack there will be dozens of lvl8 Dows + 10+ SMTTs left + E ATAT and they will simply plow through anything they stumble upon in the defensive SC.

That said, the cook time alone would be hours, and the payout would be well below dev bases. So I'll stick with my 5 minute cooks, use zero air, and get my 3* attacks in during PvP, and spend the long cooks for wars (though I rarely get to use smtts as they are on the restricted list for no-op wars).

I think you are right. I saw in the other post this is an unit that can be leveled to Prestige. But how many players can build it at Level 10 today? The Dowutin van/truck/train came to add strength in an attempt to help the game become more offensive and give more loadout options, but not to make a difference against a top Prestige base. These bases are practically impossible for 3 stars with the current units for attack available...

For bases with poor layout and weak defensive equipments, 4 or 5 of these units can devastate everything quickly, as I have done against some Rebel bases I can find from time to time.

We call them DH trucks in our squad. We call the other one Wookie Truck.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#163 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:33 am

Well, my Imperial HQ 11 was attacked again on Tat, this time for Yeapzenrey from Jedi-Master's, and finally someone using the SMTT did a decent attack, and got the highest score against my base so far: 99%, as you can see

He failed because he didn't have SC or at least 2 miserable soldiers at the end to deploy close to the last cornered banner and the Scout tower and get the 3 stars! This must have been really frustrating.

He used Lugga + Kessen to wip out SC, and deployed the 6 Level 3 SMTT close to each other, then used A-Wings for shields, and U WIngs to snipe the barracks, and waited SMTT pass the walls (at 35 sec) to deploy the jets. It was like a block attack that helped to keep Kessen alive to the end, but the time he waited to deploy Jets can have ruined his attack and made time run out. Buffed walls delayed the SMTT attack, good, this thing doesn't shoot over walls like TXs.

Those 6 Level 3 SMTT did a really good work. I recorded his attack for future references. I saw a bad attack with high level SMTTs, and I saw a good attack with low level SMTTs. I can take my final conclusions now. Thanks.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Chaotic999
Major General

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#164 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:41 pm

blah blah blah way over power, but you are running out of samples and cooking lvl2/3 takes way too long lol, plan A ...18 jets
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

geoman48
Admiral

Post#165 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:36 am

ForceMel wrote:
mkenobi wrote:
Shelendil wrote:We call them DH trucks in our squad. We call the other one Wookie Truck.

We call them "MOTS" or "MTTP" in my squad. I agree with the earlier post that the unit isn't the best looking.

Return to “General Discussions”