All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
LosVega
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#51 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Roughly 5 weeks from today, if there is some type of advertising tie in with the release of episode 9 then there should be a nice spike in the player population. That's my prediction. However 12 weeks after the release will tell the true story if Zynga squanders this last chance to gain more revenue (this is a business at the end of the day), more players and or retain those players that are on the fence about staying in the game. I doubt if SWC ever gets back to the high levels of activity of those first 2-3 years but any improvement from where it is now is definitely something to look forward to.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#52 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:06 am

LosVega wrote:Roughly 5 weeks from today, if there is some type of advertising tie in with the release of episode 9 then there should be a nice spike in the player population. That's my prediction. However 12 weeks after the release will tell the true story if Zynga squanders this last chance to gain more revenue (this is a business at the end of the day), more players and or retain those players that are on the fence about staying in the game. I doubt if SWC ever gets back to the high levels of activity of those first 2-3 years but any improvement from where it is now is definitely something to look forward to.

Agreed. Phenomenal opportunity. Hope it's not wasted.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Luminous beings are we

DeathStriker

Post#53 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:26 pm

GSoW Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #9

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016, and myself, I put the data for SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

GSoW Galaxy-Wide Stats - 12-05-2019
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Squads by Faction Trend Analysis

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 to 3/1/19 - Here KSoD Data (scroll down on post)
  • 4/3/19 - Here GSoW Data Baseline
  • 5/8/19 - Here Post first SWC Event and Conflicts since Zynga took over.
  • 6/3/19 - Here
  • 7/5/19 - Here
  • 8/6/19 - Here
  • 9/1/19 - Here First Report following SWC 5th Anniversary Game Changes.
  • 10/15/19 - Here
  • 11/1/19 - Here
  • 12/5/19 - (See Above) Pre-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Squads per Faction continues to show a ⬆ Increase.
  • The latest "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction is VERY POSTIVE, with both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction showing a much looked for ⬆ Increase. :D :D
  • When looking at the past 3 Months the general "trend" shows a postive change in that when comparing number of Squads per Faction combined with the increase of the number of Commanders this clearly (for now) shows a increase overall in the number of Players which is somewhat offset by the knowledge that these "new Commanders" may be in part existing Players creating new Accounts.
  • It is hoped with the release of Star Wars: Episode IX - Rise of Skywalker - in 15 Days the "positive trend" for SWC continues.
  • REMINDER: Values shown are for Players that are in a Squad and do not reflect the number of Players still playing SWC but have chosen to not join or be in a Squad.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#54 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Thank you, Mandalorian… nice to see an increase - I have to think the buzz leading into and great reception to the show has inspired people to type Star Wars in their game app search engine...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Harshit
Admiral

Post#55 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:12 pm

I see this as a very positive thing for the game, after a long time we see an increase in players. Although, to retain these players ( if there are some newbies) then the game needs to have some important tie-ins from EP 9 or if they released some another crazy donkey form the trailer. We would see more losses than gains within a month.

That said, I hope devs do take some little effort to tweak the game so as to make these new players to keep playing. And a powerful mech skin from the movie can increase the interest among the players.

Please, no more crazy space donkeys FFS !
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#56 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:31 am

This is great news. I think it's been helped by the launch of the Madalorian, which I'm hearing a lot of positive things about..

I live in the UK, so haven't seen any of it yet, but from the little I do know, it' timeline might better fit with this game than Ep 9.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#57 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:26 pm

I wonder whether the recent jump in GSOW player count was because of the aggressive pushing of players to join squads. Note that GSOW only tracks players in squads.

I’ve been seeing lots new players applying to my squad recently.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#58 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm

DarkRebel wrote:I wonder whether the recent jump in GSOW player count was because of the aggressive pushing of players to join squads. Note that GSOW only tracks players in squads.

I’ve been seeing lots new players applying to my squad recently.

Great point. The autofill is working on steroids right now. I open up 2 spots and it's filled within minutes. As the game has matured, it's possible that the player population has not dropped as much as the gsow stats might suggest. It's possible that the differences between the have's and have not's has grown, leaving other players to simply sit on the sidelines outside of squads. They are just playing at their own pace, since they may have been booted many times (not active enough, not high level enough, can't help in wars, etc.). Now with autofill on overdrive, those players are getting pulled back into squads.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

LosVega
Admiral

Post#59 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
  • The latest "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction is VERY POSTIVE, with both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction showing a much looked for ⬆ Increase. :D :D

It's probably a stretch to say it but damn that upward spike looks great! My only complaint is the empire is gaining more players than the rebels. I believe the launch of the Disney streaming service with the highly positive reviews of "The Mandalorian" is getting some renewed interest in the game. If that's the case, the upcoming last chapter of Star Wars can only generate more. Even better might be when the last installment of "The Clone Wars" comes out later next year. So much to look forward to....
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#60 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:07 am

I'm rather sceptical of the idea that there are many players that are not in squads and so don't appear in the GSoW database.

There will of course be people that are booted and who are between squads, but I just don't think there are many. Squads become necessary by L5 onwards, if not before.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”