All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#81 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:14 pm

I agree that level 4 for some reason, seems like the first roadblock. I don't understand the lack of resources there, and whether there's a chicken and the egg thing going on there. Are there lack of resources at level 4, because most of those bases have been recently abandoned or are managed by inactive players who lost interest or is it the lack of resources that stop players at that level?

The cook times could be a factor as mentioned. I also agree that it's at level 7 or 8 where you are either hooked on the game or not. I also suspect most of the revenue is generated from level 8 players and above. If this is true, then it should make sense to reduce cook times at level 4 and 5, and possibly even level 6. The loss of income to Zynga would be minimal initially, and should grow long-term because the players stay with the game through at least level 8. This is theory of course, and only Zynga has the data to make that call.

It would also increase interest in conflicts for players at level 4 or 5, if they made it easier. They are only getting samples anyway. Maybe even get them in a separate tier, so they don't impact the top 2% calculation for the frags.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

DeathStriker

Post#82 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:57 am

GSoW Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #12

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016, and myself, I put the data for ACTIVE SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

GSoW Galaxy-Wide Stats - 03-03-2020
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Active Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
⇨ NOTE: "Active Squads" was not shown on KSoD (predecessor to GSoW) until 6/1/18 as shown in the post found here.

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 to 3/1/19 - Here KSoD Data (scroll down on post)
  • 4/3/19 - Here GSoW Data Baseline
  • 5/8/19 - Here Post first SWC Event and Conflicts since Zynga took over.
  • 6/3/19 - Here
  • 7/5/19 - Here
  • 8/6/19 - Here
  • 9/1/19 - Here First Report following SWC 5th Anniversary Game Changes.
  • 10/15/19 - Here
  • 11/1/19 - Here
  • 12/5/19 - Here Post-Release of both The Mandaloran Show - and - Pre-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 1/4/20 - Here Post-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 2/4/20 - Here
  • 3/3/20 - (See Above)
ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Active Squads per Faction shows them relative the same with only minor increase (Empire) and decrease (Rebel).
  • The latest "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction is not good. Both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction now show a ⬇ Decrease.
  • When looking at the past 3 Months the general "trend" now shows while Squads remain "active" a overall decline in Players within Squads for both Factions is noted most likely partially due to "Player Retirements".
  • REMINDER: Values shown are for Players that are in a Squad and do not reflect the number of Players still playing SWC but have chosen to not join or be in a Squad.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Harshit
Admiral

Post#83 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks to DS for the updates. :D

The Empire have had decrease from 125,415 to 111,912 showing a decrease of 13,503 commanders.

The Rebels also had a decrease from 73,925 to 68,321, showing a decrease of 5,604 commanders.

The main reason that I believe is the lack of any new content or new units and also in the last 4-5 days no new updates have been introduced to the game, also the fact (the main reason for me) that Zynga is not at all communicating with the player base, that is driving the players from the game. Just doing back to back, old events/conflicts are making players to work/ play something else.
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#84 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:59 am

Harshit wrote:that Zynga is not at all communicating with the player base, that is driving the players from the game. Just doing back to back, old events/conflicts are making players to work/ play something else.

Devil's advocate here; what if this is Zynga's deliberate intention? Drive players away, letting the game bleed dry itself until it's time to shut it down. Less players = more justification to close it and less complaints to Support. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that tactic used.
Playing since August 2014

Harshit
Admiral

Post#85 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am

GlockShanty wrote:
Harshit wrote:that Zynga is not at all communicating with the player base, that is driving the players from the game. Just doing back to back, old events/conflicts are making players to work/ play something else.

Devil's advocate here; what if this is Zynga's deliberate intention? Drive players away, letting the game bleed dry itself until it's time to shut it down. Less players = more justification to close it and less complaints to Support. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that tactic used.

But we cant deny that is the main reason, if devs released a simple, small message, that would give the player base some info that the devs are working on the game.
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#86 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:52 pm

As I stated in another thread, I believe Zynga have been up to this "bleed dry" idea for a while. The complete downplay of The Rise of Skywalker. The PIN code to contact Support was another thing. I've been gaming since the mid-80's and I've never heard of such a thing being needed before now. In fact, I'd never even heard of this PIN in SWC before a player posted it on this forum. Neither had anyone in my squad of 25 long-service players until I told them. It was completely unadvertised in game, yet if you are locked out of your account, or need support, you can't get it without this PIN that is buried behind screens in the game Settings.

How many players don't know about this, because they don't visit these forums? I'm sure the idea is to reduce the logistical Support framework needed for this game on Zynga's side and to help as few people as possible who are locked out to thin out the numbers.

Back to what someone posted earlier - the decrease in players as per GSOW stats is really alarming. Anyone remember when millions played this game?
Playing since August 2014

LosVega
Admiral

Post#87 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:39 pm

GlockShanty wrote:Anyone remember when millions played this game?

Yes with quite some fondness. The stats suggest it's following the same trend from 12/2018 so no good news there but you think there still might be an uptick later with the last season of "The Clone Wars" now streaming on Disney+.

Zynga's lack of communication with the player base doesn't bode well in my opinion but it doesn't make sense to alienate players aka customers if they are in this to make money. That same stat trend also speaks volume as to player retention. It's just not happening and I believe it's due to too many issues that need adjustments. The continued rise in war squads suggest that's where the game still works to some degree. PVP can be brutal after a certain level, conflicts suck and events are mediocre unless it's for gamechangers like jet skins or dowutin transports. There's more to add but not in this topic. At the end of the day, the question remains as to what is next for SWC.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

DeathStriker

Post#88 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:05 am

GSoW Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #13

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016, and myself, I put the data for ACTIVE SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

GSoW Galaxy-Wide Stats - 04-02-2020

SWC Active Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
⇨ NOTE: "Active Squads" was not shown on KSoD (predecessor to GSoW) until 6/1/18 as shown in the post found here.

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 to 3/1/19 - Here KSoD Data (scroll down on post)
  • 4/3/19 - Here GSoW Data Baseline
  • 5/8/19 - Here Post first SWC Event and Conflicts since Zynga took over.
  • 6/3/19 - Here
  • 7/5/19 - Here
  • 8/6/19 - Here
  • 9/1/19 - Here First Report following SWC 5th Anniversary Game Changes.
  • 10/15/19 - Here
  • 11/1/19 - Here
  • 12/5/19 - Here Post-Release of both The Mandaloran Show - and - Pre-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 1/4/20 - Here Post-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 2/4/20 - Here
  • 3/3/20 - Here
  • 4/2/20 - (See Above) First Report Following Game Closure Announcement
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

On 03-13-2020 it was formerly announced that Star Wars Commander will be closing in 3 Months (or less). :cry:

:arrow: THEREFORE... We know the Numbers will decrease, but how far and how fast remains the question, so starting with this Report I will be tracking the "Numbers" until the final day to see just how many leave early and how many remain until the end.
ANALYSIS:

• As expected, the overall "trend" for the number of Active Squads in both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction now show a ⬇ Decrease
  • As expected, the number of Commanders in both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction now show a ⬇ Decrease primarily due to "Player Retirements" and moving to "other" Games and/or Activities.
  • When looking at the most recent "trend" it shows that while the number of Commanders are dropping, there are lots of Squad still Active as they try to continue the fight until the end.
  • REMINDER: Values shown are for Players that are in a Squad and do not reflect the number of Players still playing SWC but have chosen to not join or be in a Squad.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Calboy
Commodore

Post#89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:52 pm

Harshit wrote:Thanks to DS for the updates. :D

Apologies , off topic. Harshit, did ya just create a new squad ! About to join but it disappeared from featured list & could not remember squad name other that it had ‘pinnacle ‘ in its title !
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Proud commander of Lvl3 Mercenary Guard Reserve. Kick Ass time

Harshit
Admiral

Post#90 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Calboy wrote:
Harshit wrote:Thanks to DS for the updates. :D

Apologies , off topic. Harshit, did ya just create a new squad ! About to join but it disappeared from featured list & could not remember squad name other that it had ‘pinnacle ‘ in its title !

Many of my squad members are 7+ days inactive and have left the game. They have started playing Coc actively, more than half of the squad has migrated, but unfortunately I won't. I will quitting forever after SWC.

Return to “General Discussions”